Audio is ghosted out on my cache videos
812 5 2021-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VE5MDH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8652 ft
Canada

(I was requested to post my question on this thread of the forum)

I have a Samsung S20 5G Ultra phone with my DJI Mini 2.
When reviewing my cache videos (720p), the audio availability button is ghosted out in the lower right corner of the player.

I have searched through the SETTINGS Menu to see if I can reverse this, but I have not been able to find anything that will allow me my sound while viewing my cached videos.

Your guidence is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20210601-104949_Gallery1.jpg
2021-6-2
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I think is ghosted because MINI 2 doesnt record AUDIO. Your clips dont have audio, that why is ghosted....
2021-6-2
Use props
VE5MDH
lvl.2
Canada

On the HQ videos stored on the SD Micro card there is no sound, as the Mini 2 has no microphone, but I thought that on the cache there was sound. I have just gone through my cache recordings and now I can't locate any with sound. Hmm.. Will have to research this deeper now! I might be confusing a phone recording with a cache recording.

Thanks for your thought though!
Just an update:

I have a 5 second video that has the buzz of the drone, so what I think I did was I must have flipped to my camera and hit the record button, while I had just launched the drone (in a hover), and then returned to the DJI Fly app, which is why I only have a 5 second video. I'm not too sure, but I think this is what may have happened.

I'll have to experiment with this a little more now, but ALL cache videos that I moved to the computer have no sound, which makes scence as the drone has no mic, as you have mentioned.
2021-6-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VE5MDH Posted at 6-2 04:57
On the HQ videos stored on the SD Micro card there is no sound, as the Mini 2 has no microphone, but I thought that on the cache there was sound. I have just gone through my cache recordings and now I can't locate any with sound. Hmm.. Will have to research this deeper now! I might be confusing a phone recording with a cache recording.

Thanks for your thought though!
The Fly app does n't allow recording sound from the drone (it would just be the propeller noise), and also for some reason won't let you record sound from your phone. The Go4 app for other drones, i.e. Mavic2pro, enables recording from your phone which it adds to the cached video from the drone at up to 1080p. I like that feature, its a shame the Fly app. cannot do that.
2021-6-2
Use props
VE5MDH
lvl.2
Canada

I'm starting to understand this now, as this is where my disconnect just might be! With my Phantom 4, I was able to do this, but not on the Fly app, as you share! That 5 second prop noise video, looking only at the grass, screwed me up.

With so much new information flying at you literally, it is so easy to get confused with what you did 5 minutes ago!

Thanks!
2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VE5MDH. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted above the DJI Mini 2 is not able to record audio as they do not have a mic and if you are able to the only sound you can only record the sound of the motors and the propellers of the said drone. To record audio you need to edit the said video and add audio to the finished product. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules