Hand Launch MA2
594 11 2021-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hhasanain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064308 ft
Saudi Arabia

Just to share with you that I learned the hard way that the Mavic Air 2 does not launch like the Mavic Mini and Mini2

Both Minis, if you start the props, and give it a little lift or drop it will automatically take off and hover,,

was expected the same thing with my Mavic Air 2, and it got its 1st super silly fall lol..

lesson, MA2, is not like the Minis

Luckily my MA2 is OK, just a bit of Gimbal Calibration.

Cheers
2021-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad your MA2 is okay.  
2021-6-2
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also make sure you hold it flat till it takes off.. mine did a front flip into sand once. I had no idea what happened at first but I think I was too relaxed with the hand launch and had it sort of angled while it took off. I was lucky I was sitting on a beach no damage was done.
2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hhasanain. Good day and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. We may not suggest hand-catching or hand launching  the said DJI drone for flight safety concern. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curious,   I know the older drones like M2P doesn't have it but I assumed they were adding this to all the new drones now.   Oh well thanks for the eduction.   
2021-6-2
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

HI, why not do the Auto Take-off? I always hand-launch and catch my MA2. I just hold it with my right hand, long press the auto take-off button and away it goes, very smoothly. I think manually starting the motors while holding it in the air should be a bit harder since you need to hold the remote AND move both sticks with one hand.....
2021-6-3
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

doglaboi Posted at 6-3 12:50
HI, why not do the Auto Take-off? I always hand-launch and catch my MA2. I just hold it with my right hand, long press the auto take-off button and away it goes, very smoothly. I think manually starting the motors while holding it in the air should be a bit harder since you need to hold the remote AND move both sticks with one hand.....

I usually do, but in that day I had both my MM2 and MA2 and the MM2 took of when I have it a boost up. I was switching between the 2 drones and though the MA2 would do the same. It was a silly fall, and it hurt me to see my drone fall
2021-6-3
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

Yea it hurts. Not too long ago I bought my MA2 used and it didn't have Care Refresh. There is a way to still get Care Refresh through video submitting to DJI and I was going through that process when I miscalculated and went right instead of left. Hit a concrete post and fell 1m to the ground, onto the gimbal. It was OK at first but then the gimbal started acting crazy until it stopped working completely. And all this WHILE preparing a video to get the insurance, talk about bummer. Well I wanted to send it off to DJI anyway to have it fixed but then I thought I could try to change the gimbal cable just to be sure. I did and what do you know, good as new, saved me a couple $100's for sure.....
2021-6-3
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

hhasanain Posted at 6-3 12:57
I usually do, but in that day I had both my MM2 and MA2 and the MM2 took of when I have it a boost up. I was switching between the 2 drones and though the MA2 would do the same. It was a silly fall, and it hurt me to see my drone fall

Hey how did you put the Mini and Mini 2 in your profile display under your flight distance??
2021-6-3
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

doglaboi Posted at 6-3 13:05
Hey how did you put the Mini and Mini 2 in your profile display under your flight distance??

I’m not sure, I think it’s linked to your DJI account. I fly all my drones with the same phone and account.

The sad thing is, because I bought the MA2 used, I was not able to link it to the forum profile

2021-6-3
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

doglaboi Posted at 6-3 13:03
Yea it hurts. Not too long ago I bought my MA2 used and it didn't have Care Refresh. There is a way to still get Care Refresh through video submitting to DJI and I was going through that process when I miscalculated and went right instead of left. Hit a concrete post and fell 1m to the ground, onto the gimbal. It was OK at first but then the gimbal started acting crazy until it stopped working completely. And all this WHILE preparing a video to get the insurance, talk about bummer. Well I wanted to send it off to DJI anyway to have it fixed but then I thought I could try to change the gimbal cable just to be sure. I did and what do you know, good as new, saved me a couple $100's for sure.....

“Went right instead of left” the drone must be facing you. I used to always fall into that trap. Now I’m well aware.
2021-6-3
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

hhasanain Posted at 6-3 13:34
“Went right instead of left” the drone must be facing you. I used to always fall into that trap. Now I’m well aware.

Yes it was.....
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules