setting discharge timeout for batteries?
745 5 2021-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hi all! Comin from the world of Phantom - i expected being able to set discharge days for mini 2 batteries, but i do not see it in the app.. am i missing it, or it's simply set by factory setting and that's it? I assume there's no PC app where i can connect the drone and set some things there as well, like on p4p?
Thx!

2021-6-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

There is no setting, it is fixed at: down to %96 after 1 day of inactivity, and further down to %72 after 5. The bigger problem is, it does not work at all. For one thing, none of these happen if the batteries are in the drone or the charging hub. And even they are out, the second discharge does not work fo many people (including myself). So I strongly suggest you discharge manually. If you have the hub, it is much easier; you can use it as a powerbank and charge something to discharge the batteries...
2021-6-2
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

yes, i heard about it, so u r saying even out they do not discharge? I will watch it! That's a bad one! I wonder how much smarts the actual mini battery has, considering there are not even lights to check the charge level.... maybe that's the issue.. but i have heard about not leaving in the charging hub...
Thx!

GT
2021-6-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Phantomski Posted at 6-2 17:53
yes, i heard about it, so u r saying even out they do not discharge? I will watch it! That's a bad one! I wonder how much smarts the actual mini battery has, considering there are not even lights to check the charge level.... maybe that's the issue.. but i have heard about not leaving in the charging hub...
Thx!

hi Phantomski,

indeed there's no hour setting for discharge like I have in the Go4 app on my M2P.
The discharging or better said non-discharging has been discuted on this forum many times.

What I experience with the latest firmware and fly app is that my batteries discharge when left out the charger and drone. What I do is to turn them around in the charger so they don't touch the contacts of the charger. They do discharge this way.
It seems DJI is looking into it, but so far if the battery contacts touch the contacts of the charger they don't discharge.
And the same as with the batteries of the P4P or M2P, when you go checking the charge every day pressing the knob or in this case check them in the charger, they do not discharge.
2021-6-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Phantomski Posted at 6-2 17:53
yes, i heard about it, so u r saying even out they do not discharge? I will watch it! That's a bad one! I wonder how much smarts the actual mini battery has, considering there are not even lights to check the charge level.... maybe that's the issue.. but i have heard about not leaving in the charging hub...
Thx!

Unfortunately some don't whatever you do (short of discharging yourself). DJI said they were going to fix that but it has been weeks, so there might be a problem bigger than a firmware update can fix...
2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Phantomski. Thanks for reaching out! Please be advised that the DJI Mini 2 doesn't have an option to select the days where the battery would discharge however, it does have an Auto-Discharging Function. To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approx. 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approx. 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules