Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android 12
12Next >
17410 59 2021-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mortium
New

Australia

I'm currently testing Android 12 and when I try using DJI Mimo, it fails to start up at all.
I appreciate that this is still in the beta stages (Android 12), but thought I would alert you to the problem.

Cheers!
2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mortium. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mimo doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Mimo to be compatible.
2021-6-3
Use props
djiuser_RaKJLqlm2Tsi
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-3 00:35
Hi, Mortium. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mimo doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Mimo to be compatible.

Are you saying we have to wait for the final release of Android 12 to be able to use the Mimo app?
2021-7-5
Use props
black2001gt
New

United States

I am also using Android 12.  I am unable to use the Fly app.  My Air2 is now a paper weight.  Any ETA on a fix?
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_LBQ5ZNCPHSQ6
New

United Kingdom

There is an Android 12 beta compatible Fly app but forum permission won't let me post the link. It's in the downloads on dji site
2021-7-16
Use props
muzuzum
New

Australia

djiuser_LBQ5ZNCPHSQ6 Posted at 7-16 23:59
There is an Android 12 beta compatible Fly app but forum permission won't let me post the link. It's in the downloads on dji site

Do you know if they have an Android 12 compatible version for the Tello app? I haven't been able to find one yet.
2021-7-29
Use props
Boeran
New
Netherlands

djiuser_RaKJLqlm2Tsi Posted at 7-5 16:27
Are you saying we have to wait for the final release of Android 12 to be able to use the Mimo app?

No, they are saying that they start developing when Android 12 is released..
It's also not a secret that DJI doesn't like Android. Last update for Android was on november 2020. iOS has had 8 updates since then (last one yesterday..)
2021-8-2
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boeran Posted at 8-2 05:28
No, they are saying that they start developing when Android 12 is released..
It's also not a secret that DJI doesn't like Android. Last update for Android was on november 2020. iOS has had 8 updates since then (last one yesterday..)

That's not actually true, they have updated this since November but not pushed to Google Play Store. You can get an updated APK from the Downloads section of DJI's website.
2021-8-2
Use props
Boeran
New
Netherlands

DubSound Posted at 8-2 09:29
That's not actually true, they have updated this since November but not pushed to Google Play Store. You can get an updated APK from the Downloads section of DJI's website.

Why.. why would they do that?
2021-8-5
Use props
drewd
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to check back in to let you know we're still wanting an Android 12 update for the MIMO app, you updated the Fly app - why not the MIMO app?
I know I can still use my gimble manually, but I want the software to work.  Please don't wait until October when the beta ends.
2021-8-11
Use props
djiuser_iC3d0Qw7ejt4
lvl.1

United States

drewd Posted at 8-11 09:14
Just wanted to check back in to let you know we're still wanting an Android 12 update for the MIMO app, you updated the Fly app - why not the MIMO app?
I know I can still use my gimble manually, but I want the software to work.  Please don't wait until October when the beta ends.

There is an Android 12 Beta version of the app available on the Mimo download page now.  
2021-9-9
Use props
drewd
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_iC3d0Qw7ejt4 Posted at 9-9 15:19
There is an Android 12 Beta version of the app available on the Mimo download page now.

Thanks!  Appreciated!
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_e2Mz6QCta6lc
New
United States

I just downloaded DJI Mimo version 1.6.4 and it works on Android 12
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_iwOzJggOhEvk
New

India

djiuser_e2Mz6QCta6lc Posted at 10-3 12:57
I just downloaded DJI Mimo version 1.6.4 and it works on Android 12

Not able to use DJI mimo app on Android 12 . Currently installed 1.6.4. from dji site
Can someone guide me latest link to download the working dji mimo app
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_vc74dv3EFvp4
New
Canada

Hi, Mortium. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mimo doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Mimo to be compatible.

I just installed Android 12 (not beta version) final version, and DJI mimo is not working. App doesn't open.
Already clear cache, re-install app nothing.
Any ideas?
2021-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vc74dv3EFvp4 Posted at 10-21 04:12
I just installed Android 12 (not beta version) final version, and DJI mimo is not working. App doesn't open.
Any ideas?

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble you've encountered. Could you tell me the firmware version of DJI Mimo and the model of the phone you're using now? If it is convenient, please provide us with the video of this issue? Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2021-10-21
Use props
drewd
lvl.1
United States

So here's the problem.  The working version of the Mimo app for android 12, 1.7 is only available in APK form directly from the download page of dji.
If you download it from the official google store, it still only has 1.5 so it wont work.  Need to update it on google play.
2021-10-28
Use props
fansaf809186
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded and installed the Mimo app from the DJI site today on my Pixel 6 Pro.  All the functions work, gimbal, record, settings, etc, except the live feed on the screen.  I can take pictures and record videos that show up in the album, but I can't see what I am recording.  I downloaded the app yesterday on my Pixel 5, and it
worked fine.  Any ideas?  I am patiently waiting for the update in the Play store.
2021-10-28
Use props
nao-pon
New
Japan

I am running into the same problem.

I downloaded and installed v 1.7.0 on my Pixel 6, but I don't see the video feed and I have a black screen. It seems to work fine except that the video is not displayed, but I can't do anything because the video is not displayed.
2021-11-8
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

AFAIK, Google (or is it more about the government of the USA?) has banned the later versions of the Mimo app to appear on the Play Store. If you want the latest versions, DJI will recommend downloading from their site instead.
2021-11-8
Use props
nao-pon
New
Japan

I tried v1.7.4 downloaded from www[dot]dji[dot]com today and it doesn't solve the problem of not seeing the video feed.

(Android 12 / Pixel 6)
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_2fSkF8mLU6Aj
New
United States

nao-pon Posted at 11-10 06:46
I tried v1.7.4 downloaded from www[dot]dji[dot]com today and it doesn't solve the problem of not seeing the video feed.

(Android 12 / Pixel 6)

On Dji's app download page there's a list of compatible phones and the pixel 6 isn't on it. I have the pixel 6 pro and I'm having the same issue.
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_cBVI5doHMStG
New

Spain

I Just updated to Android 12 and the DJI mimo App does not start. Therefore, the update you mentioned and promised for the official release of Android 12, is not out. I am on Holiday and wanted to use my DJI Mobile Gimbal with the app. But now that's not possible and my Gimbal is more or less useless for the rest of the holiday. I hope you guys can fix this and update the app for Android 12 as soon as you can! Hoping for the best!
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_5jR5GsEXD2Nx
lvl.1
Sweden

You wrote earlier that when the official release of a droid 12 is out, you will release an update to make DJI mimo compatible with Android 12. The official release IS out but no update for DJI mimo.
I'm using Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra
2021-11-18
Use props
Diakone
New
Czechia

Hello, i use Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Android 12) and i have a problem too. There is no image transfer, only a black screen.
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_8uFBLfhFDxnp
New

Malaysia

My dji fly apps showing black camera screen after pairing with my phone..galaxy s21 ultra with android 12..very dissappointed!!!!!
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_G3OYnL5pbsCc
New

Poland

I just solve the problem on my Samsung S21. You need to download Huawei app gallery and download DJI Mimo app from there. All works
2021-11-22
Use props
NICKRICHTEA
New
United States

Hey guys,

Been following this thread for a little bit and just sharing my experience with other users, been trying to use DJI Mimo for my Osmo with no joy.

As of Nov 23rd 2021, using Pixel 6 latest version of Android 12.
Downloaded from Google play store - app wouldn't even open
Downloaded from DJI / Downloaded v1.7.6 - app would open, connect to OSMO, black screen no live feed.
Downloaded from Huwawei app gallery - app would open, connect to OSMO, black screen no live feed.

Would love a proper update to get this working!

Was working fine with my Oneplus 7T Pro, I don't want to have to carry around a phone around on me from two years ago for just the DJI apps
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_6EC36NLPOHBn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1054964 ft
Czechia

Same here...samsung s21 ultra, android 12, app fails to start
2021-11-23
Use props
joder
lvl.1
United States

Another Pixel 6 Pro user here reporting with great frustration due to no video.
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_0FZl16O0LTlh
lvl.1
Italy

Ho aggiornato il mio  Samsung s21 ultra a android 12 ,ora dji mimo non va.
Avete una soluzione?
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_0FZl16O0LTlh
lvl.1
Italy

Ho aggiornato il mio  Samsung s21 ultra a android 12 ,ora dji mimo non va.
Avete una soluzione?
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_0FZl16O0LTlh
lvl.1
Italy

Dji mimo con android 12  la soluzione in attesa di un aggiornamento.
https://youtu.be/Fq3xvAcazcU
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_g7aurJY4deoH
lvl.1
Russia

Hi guys, have same issue with DJI Mimo app on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Android 12. Connecting well, but have a black screen any solution for this?
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_3xQ91lNtBL96
New

Germany

Hi, i have a Samsung S21 Ultra with Android 12. And a brand new osmo 5 gimble.  I just downloaded the mimo app APK 1 7.6.  from the Website but i cant install the App. The security settungs are ok and it is allowed to install Apps from the "Download" Folder.  Error is "file can not be opened "...What can i do? When there is no solution, i must sent the gimble back to amazon.

Kind regards, Karsten
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_d4bE9kccPkHf
New

Ireland

Any word on this being resolved? I know the products favour the iPhone but this is starting to be a little ridiculous. A whole swathe of customers stopped from using their devices because they have the latest version of the numerically largest phone operating system.
2021-12-11
Use props
Dracarys78
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I just got the DJI OM4 SE today and was so excited to start experimenting but it the app did not launch for me just like everyone else on this thread. I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra by the way  (Android 12, official not Beta).
I tried download all the older APK versions i could find but nothing seemed to work.
I finally saw one user's comment on here (it's in Italian i think), he dropped the following link: https://youtu.be/Fq3xvAcazcU
I tried to follow the steps but i think the last thing he did was what helped me. So this is what worked for me:

1 - Download the DJI Mimo app found on the official DJI website.
2 - Press the app icon until you get the "Select , Add to Homescreen, Uninstall" options, on the top right you will find the " i " icon which will send you to the app's information page.
3 - Scroll down and find the " installation of unknown apps ", click on it and then check the box to authorize the download (i'm translating some of these terms to english so it may not be entirely correct but you get the idea).
4 - Force closing the app, clear the cache then launch.

I hope this works (i know how frustrating this gets).

Good Luck friends, and thanks to the person who posted that helpful video!

2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_fRzdnWTmt9n8
New

India

Hello DJI team

Im using Android 12 official version. Even after installing the .apk file, the application fails to load.
Need your tech support on urgent basis
2021-12-17
Use props
djiuser_UejTtFmo9XXo
New

Australia

djiuser_vc74dv3EFvp4 Posted at 10-21 04:12
Any ideas?

Same problem, the app doesn't Start at all
2021-12-17
Use props
Captain81
New

Germany

Ich habe das gleiche Problem.
Nagelneu Samsung S21 5G  Android 12
Mimo app verbindet sich....Steuerung funktioniert Gimbel auf ab video foto timelap usw. nur der Live feet  Bildschirm bleibt schwarz.
Ältere Versionen lassen sich mit Android 12 gar nicht erst öffnen.

Hoffe auf eine baldige Lösung
Der Admiral
2021-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules