Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NikolayK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295663 ft
Russia

Dear developers, hi!
It seems, that earliear option GIMBAL_YAW_FOLLOW works fine for mavic air 2
but for now its only works well if drone is landed.
Can you reveal your plans about possibilities to control gimbal of air2 in the future.
For my purposes, this feature is very useful for first person view capabilities
Thanks in advance
2021-6-2
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

So what happens when it's flying?
2021-6-3
Use props
NikolayK
lvl.1
Russia

Hi, Mats. Last time I tried this option - it resulted in Yaw of the whole drone, as if setYawSimultaneousFollowEnabled enabled. But it is not activated...
2021-6-3
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

NikolayK Posted at 6-3 22:59
Hi, Mats. Last time I tried this option - it resulted in Yaw of the whole drone, as if setYawSimultaneousFollowEnabled enabled. But it is not activated...

Yeah that's a hidden feature :-)

If you switch to virtualstick it wont do that.
2021-6-4
Use props
NikolayK
lvl.1
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 6-4 02:44
Yeah that's a hidden feature :-)

If you switch to virtualstick it wont do that.

Sorry for slow replies.
Actually, i am not working directly with API, but testing it in Litchi and DroneVr on android.
And it seems to me, that virtualstick is also not working properly.
Please see this link - I am trying to control gimbal via touchscreen in litchi it works well while drone is landed, but really unstable in the air:
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Aa7CvEBV5bFcyQ

And finally gimbal turns to leftmost positions. Sorry, i forgot to switch language to English but i hope, most will be clear.
Same in another video - i am trying to control gimbal via touchscreen and in fpv mode, but gimbal is not reacting:
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/gKeQd8LGVoILBA

In the third video follow gimbal and the drone works well until i turn it off|on - then it stops working. But after landing gimbal starts to follow again:
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/VoKQ1Fi1dPYVCA

The next video is from DroneVR - again gimbal control works  while drone is landed, but stops to work in the air, also turning on yaw results in awful behaviour...
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/_JrCM83hCFIwSg

And finally here is the link to video from DroneVR recorded in march - yaw of gimbal and drone was working ok:
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/MbsZtBsQwtRXLQ
2021-6-7
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

NikolayK Posted at 6-7 11:27
Sorry for slow replies.
Actually, i am not working directly with API, but testing it in Litchi and DroneVr on android.
And it seems to me, that virtualstick is also not working properly.

Hard to know what litchi is doing.

Only thing I know is that it works when drone is in virtualstick mode. Otherwise it tries to adjust the yaw.

Better ask Litchi support.
2021-6-7
Use props
z37soft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3361138 ft
  • >>>
Japan

As long as we are using the SDK, we think it is impossible.
I sent a similar question to DJI a year ago, and it seems that DJI Go4 achieves this exceptionally, but the SDK does not.

As far as I have tried, it works on the ground, but its behavior is inconsistent in the air.
And this has nothing to do with virtualstick mode.

I assume it is for safety reasons, but I would like to see the SDK be able to control it independently.
2021-6-7
Use props
NikolayK
lvl.1
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 6-7 13:15
Hard to know what litchi is doing.

Only thing I know is that it works when drone is in virtualstick mode. Otherwise it tries to adjust the yaw.

Dear Mats, hi. For sure, i am working with litchi team too. And it was our concensus, that such problems have roots in SDK. And i especially pointed out, that same problems are observed in various app, not only litchi.
2021-6-7
Use props
NikolayK
lvl.1
Russia

z37soft Posted at 6-7 17:28
I sent a similar question to DJI a year ago, and it seems that DJI Go4 achieves this exceptionally, but the SDK does not.

Yeah, thanks for supporting. And what amused me most of all - that about 3 month ago control of gimbal worked quite good and stable. And then it goes buggy in various app...
2021-6-7
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

z37soft Posted at 6-7 17:28

Thats not my findnings.
But I only use mini2 nowadays. I will check this on my air2 next time I do a testflight.

In PGPS you cant change the yaw of the gimbal, the ac yaw is affected instead.
The only way around this, is to set the gimbal in free mode. For that you have to bypass the sdk, for some strange reason dji wont expose that mode, which is a shame. Or enter VS-mode

I run the code below when doing mapping. It changes the yaw and pitch every second. Dead stable.
Though I havnt used my air2 for a while so I will check that. What FW are you on? Can you show any code that have this behaivor. I might have a solution for you.

attitude = [(0, -75, 0), (0, -85, 0), (-20, -85, 0),  (20, -85, 0)]
    while api.private.loop_wait(interval-gimbal_delay, ):
        loop_nbr+=1
        yaw, pitch, roll = attitude[loop_nbr%len(attitude)]
        api.drone.set_gimbal_angle(yaw, pitch, roll, time=0.0)
        time.sleep(1.0)
        api.drone.photo_fast()
2021-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules