Tablet for MA2
1109 20 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

Maybe a frequently asked question, but which tablets work well for the mavic air 2 (dji fly app)? I had a galaxy tab A but it doesn't work. The Ipad mini 2 many error messages cpu overload and sometimes dares to crash. Otherwise the app works fine on my iPhone
2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there K-Castello. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best response from our fellow DJI Co plots on what tablet they are using to fly there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and for the DJI Fly application( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-6-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xiaomi PAD 4
2021-6-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xiaomi PAD 4
2021-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.  Compatible with the DJI Fly App.  
2021-6-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 03:21
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.  Compatible with the DJI Fly App.

Wonder if the galaxy S6 lite would also work well apart from not having a compass.
2021-6-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

Hard to find here in the region... Also looks like Xiaomi stopped at their tablets. No successors, no updates... weird.
2021-6-3
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I have Samsung Tab S5E and works flawlessly.
2021-6-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 01:49
Hello there K-Castello. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best response from our fellow DJI Co plots on what tablet they are using to fly there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and for the DJI Fly application( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks, but I don't find many tablets in that list, a bit of a shame if you want a larger screen. Also under the IOS list I see the Ipad 2 air which (not only with me but also with other users) gives problems. That is why I am also looking for an affordable alternative. Never had any problems with the Dji Go 4 app, but the Dji Fly app is quite a problem thing.
2021-6-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

K-Castello Posted at 6-3 08:15
Hard to find here in the region... Also looks like Xiaomi stopped at their tablets. No successors, no updates... weird.

oke,

i ordered the tablet in china, few years ago

but

https://mifans.nl/product/xiaomi-mi-pad-4/
https://nl.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-xiaomi-mi-pad.html

i bought the cellurar one, so with sim card i have internet out in the open....

cheers
JJB
2021-6-3
Use props
tmansmusic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29964 ft
United States

K-Castello Posted at 6-3 08:25
Thanks, but I don't find many tablets in that list, a bit of a shame if you want a larger screen. Also under the IOS list I see the Ipad 2 air which (not only with me but also with other users) gives problems. That is why I am also looking for an affordable alternative. Never had any problems with the Dji Go 4 app, but the Dji Fly app is quite a problem thing.

Yes, I see the iPad Mini 4 is listed and that gives me the CPU overload messages as well. Seems like DJI's programmers need to revisit that list, as the Mini 5 isn't mentioned.
2021-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

K-Castello Posted at 6-3 08:11
Wonder if the galaxy S6 lite would also work well apart from not having a compass.

Not sure if S6 Lite will work or not.  Maybe another poster will chime in and let you know.  I was lucky as I caught a really good sale on the S6.
2021-6-4
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

tmansmusic Posted at 6-3 10:14
Yes, I see the iPad Mini 4 is listed and that gives me the CPU overload messages as well. Seems like DJI's programmers need to revisit that list, as the Mini 5 isn't mentioned.

Tried again yesterday, less than 3 seconds later that message CPU overloaded, and huge delay of the image. No risk taken and landed immediately. Fortunately, when he had just landed, the Ipad mini shut down and restarted.
2021-6-4
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 02:36
Not sure if S6 Lite will work or not.  Maybe another poster will chime in and let you know.  I was lucky as I caught a really good sale on the S6.

It can be so confusing... Galaxy tab a: 64bit processor and 32bit android. Although it is written on the box that it is 64 bit.
2021-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

K-Castello Posted at 6-4 08:09
It can be so confusing... Galaxy tab a: 64bit processor and 32bit android. Although it is written on the box that it is 64 bit.

Unfortunately, the DJI Fly App was written strictly for 64bit Android OS only.  Can't say if 32 bit works on iOS as I don't own any apple products.
2021-6-5
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 02:10
Unfortunately, the DJI Fly App was written strictly for 64bit Android OS only.

Hi. i have the Ipad Mini 5  and it works like a charm. I did have the Ipad Mini 4 and had some overload issues with it.
2021-6-5
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

tried the samsung tab s6 lite and it works very well on the first impression. No delays, was impressed though
2021-6-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

ASUS Zenpad Z8s P00J 7.9".  I have 3 of them, for Mini 2, MA2, and M2P.
2021-6-5
Use props
vectos1
lvl.2

Russia

Xiaomi PAD 4
2021-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

K-Castello Posted at 6-5 12:29
tried the samsung tab s6 lite and it works very well on the first impression. No delays, was impressed though

Great, glad it worked for you.  
2021-6-6
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Magicdroner Posted at 6-5 05:07
Hi. i have the Ipad Mini 5  and it works like a charm. I did have the Ipad Mini 4 and had some overload issues with it.

Same here no problems with the Mini 5!!!!
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules