1477 2 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I was recently shooting with the Inspire 2 & Olympus 45mm lense in 4K D-Log and when trying to add in a bit of contrast and saturation in post, I immediately notice the color banding on the horizon. There is also a lof noise on the church once you play the footage. D-Log on the Inspire 2 is recording in 10 bit right? Is there a fault with my sensor or camera or the picture profile? I'm not managining to get really nice colours out of the Inspire like I do with the Mavic 2 Pro...

Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Eric Bartolo. Thanks for reaching out! Please let us know what specific Zenmuse camera you're using. We also suggest uploading the original video file where you have noticed the color banding so we can check it further. Thanks and keep us updated.
2021-6-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

"Nice colours" is a very subjective description. Many seasoned photographers (myself including) will consider Mavic 2 Pro color rendering as greatly oversaturated. Anyway, color grading of D-log footage is a difficult art only very experienced will handle properly. I suggest trying D-Cinelike mode first, which delivers a nice compromise between contrasty Normal and bleached D-log ...

Shadowed parts of image will always contain more noise, particularly noticeable with higher ISO settings. Please note that relatively small X5S sensor doesn't perform well during blue hours. Try to maintain ISO value as low as possible.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules