DJI Pilot app "Map loading" error?
3081 10 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

Hi,
Last few days I flew around 10 times and everytime in the DJI Pilot app flight record the Location is - "map loading".
Initially I thought that because of wrong upload or no wi-fi. Today I've started the P3 outside the house where I'm staying with wifi connection onn my ipad. Map is loading/home point is ok but still with location "map Loading". The photos that I made on my previous flight loaded in Photos for mac shows the right location name etc.
I've already read about possible workaround but nothing works.

Any ideas how to solve this? I've read on this forum that is known issue for the DJI pilot app and will be solved in the future but that was from April this year.

IOS app/latest firmware all maps are loading well during the flights,tried with ipad and iphone with wifi and 3G during start up, the same message "map loading"
2015-7-20
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Don't ask me how, but cache your map at home, and it will be saved when you go fly. Look up how in search!
2015-7-20
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

I have the same message every time with my Android. I have tryed to cache map and use the 3G, nothing help. I think it is Android device issue...
2015-7-20
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

I have the same issue and I have sent all my info to Autumn who is talking to DJI for me but still haven't heard anything yet if I do I will update you.
2015-7-21
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

If I understood you correctly you attempted to fly with Wi-Fi on? If so, do not fly your bird when wi-fi or bluetooth is enabled. I have done it in the past and had no problems but….

As for your issue, I have the same problem. I have maps cached but in the User Center Flight Record the 'Location' is recorded as 'Maps Loading' and no satellite view, only a grid. To correct this, before the Pilot App audible message "The home point has been recorded, please check it on the map", I switch from camera view and enter map and choose satellite view (there is no view at this point, just a grid), I then zoom out and the satellite view loads, I can then zoom back in and the satellite view stays loaded and the location is recorded.

Let me know if this works for you as well…….I am using iOS, App v1.1.2
2015-7-22
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

greenbean Posted at 2015-7-22 21:12
If I understood you correctly you attempted to fly with Wi-Fi on? If so, do not fly your bird when w ...

Thanks for your advice! The problem is that the satellite map is loaded and I can zoom in/zoom out but still get map loading message as a location. In the DJI pilot app /flight records are with perfect zoom in/out satellite map but also with location "map loading" for my last 10 flights.
I've made lso few photos during this flights-when loaded in "photo" program on my mac they have the exact en correct location. So I think this is a DJI pilot app bug. The easiest way to fix this or work around it is to made possible to fill/edit manually the location.
2015-7-22
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

Fearless Posted at 2015-7-23 06:00
Thanks for your advice! The problem is that the satellite map is loaded and I can zoom in/zoom out ...

Yeah this is the same exact issue I have and I m still wait for @Autumn DJI to come back about this issue!!!!!
2015-7-22
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Fearless Posted at 2015-7-23 06:00
Thanks for your advice! The problem is that the satellite map is loaded and I can zoom in/zoom out ...

yes, definitely a bug……but minor. I hope everything else is ok for you and you are enjoying. Both my P3Ps fly beautifully and have no camera/gimbal issues…..though one does have a few cracks at the screw area, but it had an accident, so that might be the cause.
2015-7-24
Use props
derick.clack
New

United States

Same here on a galaxy tab 4, map never loads on flight record screen and it is stuck , can't do anything  
2015-8-30
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Same here on my tab 4. If I use my ipad for the actual flight and sync the data, it works when I look at it on the android device. Caching the map on the android doesnt help.
2015-8-30
Use props
topleader
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127336 ft

Im using the IPAD mini 4 and have the same problem ever since the latest update. At least all my flight records are counted correctly now with the latest update.
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules