19107 22 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

Hello, Everyone

I would like to know if there is anyway I can fly this FPV drone without connecting the phone to the goggles? Perhaps connecting the phone straight to the remote controller and flying line of sight?

Thank you,
YonDel
2021-6-3
Use props
Trapez
lvl.2

Poland

Without goggles?
2021-6-3
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Trapez Posted at 6-3 10:24
Without goggles?

Correct. I’m asking this just in case something was to ever go wrong with the FPV goggles you can still fly your drone just by using your drone and phone connected to controller.

I’m asking this because it would be a shame someone would have to go out there and spend another 500 on a new pair just to be able to fly again and not have a paper weight.
2021-6-3
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

YonDel Posted at 6-3 10:29
Correct. I’m asking this just in case something was to ever go wrong with the FPV goggles you can still fly your drone just by using your drone and phone connected to controller.

I’m asking this because it would be a shame someone would have to go out there and spend another 500 on a new pair just to be able to fly again and not have a paper weight.

You don't have to connect your phone to the goggles but you do need the goggles to fly. It's called FPV for a reason.
You could also connect your phone to the goggles and view on the phone to fly instead but there is no way you can fly without having the goggles and it can't connect to controller.
2021-6-3
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

it is like looking for a problem to the solution. You could also try to find out how to fly the drone without the remote LOL ...
2021-6-3
Use props
Ramphex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

tomekyo Posted at 6-3 12:41
it is like looking for a problem to the solution. You could also try to find out how to fly the drone without the remote LOL ...

I mean some drones you could fly via virtual sticks on the phone lol
2021-6-3
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

tomekyo Posted at 6-3 12:41

Lol your right but imagine flying this fast little thing with phone controls especially when hands get sweaty.

I guess I’ll try this out when I get back home in the weekend. It would be so sad if this creates an issue. People would actually be forced to purchase new FPV goggles if the want to fly again. DJI flight database restrictions is already a pain in the ass so just imagine this.

It will become a 800 buck brick if it doesn’t work without goggles.
2021-6-3
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

kewlbean Posted at 6-3 10:46
You don't have to connect your phone to the goggles but you do need the goggles to fly. It's called FPV for a reason.
You could also connect your phone to the goggles and view on the phone to fly instead but there is no way you can fly without having the goggles and it can't connect to controller.

See that’s still a problem. I understand it’s an FPV. But a regular FPV can still be enjoyable without it’s googles. They all can and people still do to test flights or fly in certain conditions and projects.
2021-6-3
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

YonDel Posted at 6-3 14:17
See that’s still a problem. I understand it’s an FPV. But a regular FPV can still be enjoyable without it’s googles. They all can and people still do to test flights or fly in certain conditions and projects.

"They all can and people still do to test flights or fly in certain conditions and projects."

Absolutely. It's a perfectly valid request to want to be able to fly the drone without the goggles. Unfortunately it's not possible.

Here's AndyRC taking his drone for a flight using line of sight only. He comments about having to have the goggles turned on.

2021-6-3
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can't fly without powering up the googles. But you can use the phone as a screen. I tried it and in N and S mode it works. In M mode I crashed right away. There is a valid use case for this in my opinion: wanting to fly legally when you have no spotter (at least in most countries).
2021-6-3
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

YonDel Posted at 6-3 10:29

I’m asking this because it would be a shame someone would have to go out there and spend another 500 on a new pair just to be able to fly again and not have a paper weight.

Oh, most people will be more likely to have "something" happen to the drone rather than the goggles. If something went wrong with the goggles, that would most likely be a warranty issue.
2021-6-3
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

So far, I've had 2 sets of bad goggles. One set had one side go dead, after a few strange images, on and off, etc. Other set got stuck on "select language" screen, and none of the buttons worked. Amazon replaced one, DJI the other. Expecting the set from DJI repair today. And DJI was very easy to deal with, and fast too, considering all.
2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, YonDel. Thanks for reaching out! Connecting a mobile device isn't required to fly the DJI FPV Drone, however, it is needed that the Remote and the Goggles are connected to the DJI FPV Drone before it can be flown.
2021-6-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can certainly fly it line of sight but where's the fun in that....Like has already been stated - It's a FPV drone with goggles for a reason.
2021-6-5
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I guess I’ll be with a paper weight for a very long time as my goggles are damaged. Sucks but it is what it is.
2021-6-15
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 6-5 22:34
You can certainly fly it line of sight but where's the fun in that....Like has already been stated - It's a FPV drone with goggles for a reason.

Yea I understand. I was wondering because mines are damaged but I wish to still fly it like all other drones that doesn’t need to be connected to google to still fly it and enjoy your investment.
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_2EhztSpQgzUH
New
Flight distance : 935328 ft
United States

You can definitely fly it without the goggles, I have with mine. Just know that you are geofenced this way.
2021-12-31
Use props
djiuser_EB12UpIoQJO2
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_2EhztSpQgzUH Posted at 2021-12-31 16:44
You can definitely fly it without the goggles, I have with mine. Just know that you are geofenced this way.

How do you do it?
2022-1-11
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

djiuser_2EhztSpQgzUH Posted at 2021-12-31 16:44

Its nice to know if you look long enough that someone will just answer the question in a helpful manner. Thanks I had wondered that myself once.
2023-1-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8d873b31 Posted at 1-30 11:49
Its nice to know if you look long enough that someone will just answer the question in a helpful manner. Thanks I had wondered that myself once.

or you can type "fly dji fpv without goggles" in youtube and watch the ridiculous videos that pop up.  
2023-1-30
Use props
Jose E. Johnson
lvl.1

Pakistan

There are a few situations where it may be necessary or desirable to fly an FPV drone without goggles.
2023-9-22
Use props
Jose E. Johnson
lvl.1

Pakistan

https://theeazyshop.com/can-you-fly-fpv-drone-without-goggles/
2023-9-22
Use props
djiuser_zA63pNaS5vMZ
New
Flight distance : 722972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only way I found around it ,is to start with phone Connected, then disconnect phone while flying. Need a hack for this wtf . ID Error message still comes up, but it still flys..
3-10 17:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules