21952 91 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello; I just changed my ipad pro and the new one is coming with USB-C port. The previous ipad pro wit a lightneing to USB was connectingh fine to the remotebut here using a usb-C to USB cable, the remote cannot connect to DJi GO 4 app.
I tried multiple cable and none work.
All the cable are working fine with my Mavic 2 Pro and this new ipad pro usb-C, so the cable are fine.

I connected my phone with lightening to uSB on teh remote and it work, so the remote and USB port is ok

How Can I get my ipad pro connect to remote with dji GO 4

2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MarcPelissier. Thanks for reaching out! If you haven't tried, we suggest to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 then give it another try. A quick restart on your iPad Pro might also help. We also recommend testing the remote using other mobile devices and see if it can be recognized.
2021-6-3
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2109465 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-3 23:16
Hi, MarcPelissier. Thanks for reaching out! If you haven't tried, we suggest to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 then give it another try. A quick restart on your iPad Pro might also help. We also recommend testing the remote using other mobile devices and see if it can be recognized.

Same issue, tried 4 different usb to usb-c cables, waiting on some new cables/adapters. Will try to uninstall Go4 and GSP next. For now the new iPad is just an extremely expensive paper weight.  
2021-6-4
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

CharliePapa Posted at 6-4 03:36
Same issue, tried 4 different usb to usb-c cables, waiting on some new cables/adapters. Will try to uninstall Go4 and GSP next. For now the new iPad is just an extremely expensive paper weight.

I believe the answer to your problem is in the Developer Options:
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Apple iPad Pro
2021-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CharliePapa Posted at 6-4 03:36
Same issue, tried 4 different usb to usb-c cables, waiting on some new cables/adapters. Will try to uninstall Go4 and GSP next. For now the new iPad is just an extremely expensive paper weight.

Kindly do and keep us updated. Hopefully, this could be resolved.
2021-6-5
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hello,
Thanks for the advice and help.

Did reisntall Go 4 : not working better
Did reboot ipad : not working more
Tried that ipad pro and that usb-Usb-C cable with my dji 2 pro drone: works ok (so issue is on P4P remote )
Tried connecting my iphone 12 pro max on P4P remote usb-lightening cable : Work so remote usb port is ok

Will give a try to that debug mode proposed above and come back
2021-6-5
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

MarcPelissier Posted at 6-5 02:25
Hello,
Thanks fro the advice and help.

unfortunately link for USB debug mode is for android not ipad pro.
Anyway as it is working with Mavic 2 pro it should work with P4P remote without some changes in ipad pro
2021-6-5
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

MarcPelissier Posted at 6-5 02:57
unfortunately link for USB debug mode is for android not ipad pro.
Anyway as it is working with Mavic 2 pro it should work with P4P remote without some changes in ipad pro

It seems that the USB port is used for many different applications are you sure there's no way to select what the port is used for? Also is the P4 Pro remote controller compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 2?

Charging and Expansion
Thunderbolt / USB 4 port with support for:
Charging
DisplayPort
Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
2021-6-5
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

ATJ Posted at 6-5 08:18
It seems that the USB port is used for many different applications are you sure there's no way to select what the port is used for? Also is the P4 Pro remote controller compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 2?

Charging and Expansion

Thanks for the suggestion but Apple system (Ios) are rather closed and there is no way to select different usage for the port.
I believe there is backward compatibility so even if P4P remote is lower version of USB it should work.

What I really don't undertand is why it is working with my mavic 2 pro remote perfectly. Is it a way to make the P4P V1 obsolete .. that's a shame as I just bought the new small gps device to communicate position while in flight to follow new regulations and now I can fly only with a small phone screen ?
2021-6-5
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I’ve tried several different cables and adaptors and still only get the disconnected and battery not charging message. Luckily I still have one week to return this iPad and exchange it for a Gen 2 IPad Pro. I know the Gen 2 will work because the company I work for uses them. Not happy about all of this incompatibility plus a $55 restocking fee.
2021-6-5
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Also just confirmed, it connected perfectly with my Original Mavic Pro controller. Apparently it is an issue with the P4P remote.
2021-6-6
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

CharliePapa Posted at 6-6 04:20
Also just confirmed, it connected perfectly with my Original Mavic Pro controller. Apparently it is an issue with the P4P remote.

It looks like it unfortunately . and for P4P V1 no more firmware to correct things. That position signal for example has been added for P4P V2 only and so had to buy that expensive little beacon standard device but now if we start to get in compatibility with some device that's a real problem

Looking over, I could not see any post where someone fix that issue (and can explain how) so it seem to be "too bad, incompatible, and that's it, forget about using an ipad pro with your device ! not very happy with that  
2021-6-6
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 773930 ft
France

Good morning all,
I have an ipad pro 11, everything has been going well so far with my P4P. I have the IOS 14.6 update and since cannot connect with the P4P.
I tried on another tablet: no problem (iPad mini and Huawei), so no problem with the USB C cable.
I report that I have never had a connection problem. Do you have a solution ? URGENT.
Thank you
2021-6-6
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like we’re out of luck then. I guess I’ll return the Gen 3 iPad Pro and try to get a Gen 2, apparently they still work.
2021-6-6
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 773930 ft
France

Hello again,
I found the solution for my case:
Re-install DJI GO
Re-install the firmware (Refresh) with dji assistant
Everything works.
On the other hand I see on android and ipad, for the p4p, that the calibration of the nacelle, stops at 50% ...
While it is functioning normally.
Bug?
Have a good day.
2021-6-6
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dbsky Posted at 6-6 13:41
Hello again,
Re-install DJI GO

At least you made some progress, tried to reinstall the firmware on the gl300f controller with the latest assistant 2  for phantom on 3 different macs and a pc, all tell me the device is not supported and to download the proper software. Unfortunately Dji never surprises me anymore with their incompatibility issues.
2021-6-6
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

dbsky Posted at 6-6 13:41
Hello again,
Re-install DJI GO

Thanks Dbsky;
I tried the Go4 re-install but not the fimware so will give it a try

hope it will work then

Thanks
2021-6-6
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

According to info in the App Store , Go 4 says the 3rd gen 11in iPad is supported. Hope this gets  figured out soon.  
2021-6-7
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

CharliePapa Posted at 6-7 03:40
According to info in the App Store , Go 4 says the 3rd gen 11in iPad is supported. Hope this gets  figured out soon.

I didn't saw a clear statement on which ipad pro model it can run more the ios version

Yet, I don't want to sound too pessimistic for a fix but the app does work well on the new ipad pro for sure as it run with my mavic pro 2, it doesn't connect with the usb-c with a P4P V1 and probably P4P remote side issue.
2021-6-7
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MarcPelissier Posted at 6-7 07:18
I didn't saw a clear statement on which ipad pro model it can run more the ios version

Yet, I don't want to sound too pessimistic for a fix but the app does work well on the new ipad pro for sure as it run with my mavic pro 2, it doesn't connect with the usb-c with a P4P V1 and probably P4P remote side issue.

My controller is GL300f.   I have a different P4P arriving next week, maybe it’s related to the model#.  I’ll know more next week
2021-6-7
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

CharliePapa Posted at 6-7 08:38
My controller is GL300f.   I have a different P4P arriving next week, maybe it’s related to the model#.  I’ll know more next week

with a P4P V2 (the latest) I would not be surprised that it is different as firmware are still avail for that one. But good to check
2021-6-7
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 613615 ft
United States

For what's it worth, I have come across the same issue with the Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 controller and the 2021 iPad Pro. The same iPad with the same cable works just fine with a Mavic Pro controller and both the P4 and I1 controllers work fine with my iPhone.

There are some guys on the InspirePilots board having the same issue, so it's definitely an issue between the new UBS4 port on the iPad Pro and the older DJI controllers.
2021-7-1
Use props
richardseguro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266053 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

As nebelung says, I am one of those Inspire 1 pilots suffering the USB-C iPad Pro connection issue, in my case a 5th gen iOS14.6 12.9" cell+wifi. And BTW it works fine with my Phantom 4 Pro V2 using DJIGO4 app. (and it looks impressive!), unfortunately I cannot connect my Inspire 1 v2 aircraft to it using the DJI GO app.

DJI GO app will open, but screen is blurred with the "disconnected" message.  Inspire 1 v2 does connect to RC (green light), but will not communicate with the DJI GO app.

I am thinking we wont see a fix for this. I mean, DJI is not supporting updates for DJI GO app or at least not that I think so (could Apple provide a fix?).  Please, please, if anyone has a solution, bring it forward.

So much appreciated...Great weekend all.
2021-7-2
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have same issue here, I have tons of flying hours with P4P v1 and my Ipad pro 11' 2020. I've never had any issue, since ios14.6.
I tried to refresh the firmware but not reinstalling go app. I'll give a try later, i'll let you know.
2021-7-27
Use props
rotarydrone
lvl.1

United States

Any solutions yet? I bought a $2k 1tb paperweight, wich really sucks as I've never liked "i" anything, but it seems to be the most supported for mapping, or atleast I thought, p4a and inspire 1 pro doesn't even pull up any dji apps, just says charging... dji? Help!!
2021-7-28
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

nebelung Posted at 7-1 11:12
For what's it worth, I have come across the same issue with the Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 controller and the 2021 iPad Pro. The same iPad with the same cable works just fine with a Mavic Pro controller and both the P4 and I1 controllers work fine with my iPhone.

There are some guys on the InspirePilots board having the same issue, so it's definitely an issue between the new UBS4 port on the iPad Pro and the older DJI controllers.

fully agree
2021-7-29
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Ok so I spent quite some time with DJI support (Netherland center) very nice and clear by the way to check all
Did the firmware force refesh on the remote of the P4P, checked the Ios version, reboot etc with still the issue on USB4 (USB-C) that clearly seem to be not handled by P4P remote and if I read well, is ok with P4PV2 remote. Not surprising as P4P is older

Upon support request, I just sent a video for the Dji dev team to understand the pb. It shows, connection an iphone 12 pro max to the P4P remote and all is ok, connecting ipad pro with usb-c cable to P4P that doesn't work (but remote well connected to drone) and finally same ipad pro and cable working fine with my mavic pro 2.

Will let you know where it goes
2021-7-29
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you, please let us know… I’ve been having my ph4 pro on the ground for unknown time… Today i tried to uninstall djigo4 but no results. Still unable to connect with ipad, even with latest update, 14.7.1. Tried with my android phone, no issue at all, but i have all my photogrammetry software on ipad, so i can’t use for work purpose. Great dji.
2021-8-1
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

With the response of support and analysis of dev team (of video + logs) the answer given is that they hope to adress it through the next DJI 4 App version for this quarter 3.
I recalled that the ipad pro works fine with the same app and Mavic Pro 2 but the logs show no remote control usb issue . So maybe a software update could fix it for P4P. I'm not very confident about that but let's see then
2021-8-2
Use props
Nebomriy
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hello. I have the same problem on Phantom 4
2021-8-28
Use props
digitalemu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129281 ft
Australia

I'm having the same issue.
I upgraded from a 3rd Gen iPad Air to a 12.9 5th Gen iPad Pro yesterday to use with the Drones.
I own a P4Pv2 and a P4 and use both for personal use and commercial work.

When connecting the iPad to the P4Pv2 controller, DJI GO 4 recognizes the P4Pv2, but when plugged into the P4 controller, it does not. I have tried 3 cables, including an Apple specific cable.
Using the same cable, the P4 Connects to my Android Phone (Google Pixel 5) without a problem.

All firmware on the drone and controller is up to date.
The issue occurred on the iOS that came on the iPad (14.something) and continued to occur after updating to iPad iOS 15

The majority of work I'll be needing the big screen for will be on the P4... not the P4Pv2... making this a two thousand dollar paperweight.
To say I am unimpressed would be an enormous understatement.

And to be honest, I'm not sure who to be ticked off at. Apple or DJI.... but having had similar problems with DJI's software in the past, this likely lands at their feet.

I truly hope that they come up with something soon... but the truth is, I'm pretty sure I've just been done out of 2k.
2021-10-1
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

digitalemu Posted at 10-1 20:19
I'm having the same issue.
I upgraded from a 3rd Gen iPad Air to a 12.9 5th Gen iPad Pro yesterday to use with the Drones.
I own a P4Pv2 and a P4 and use both for personal use and commercial work.

Hi digitalemu,
Sorry to hear that you join the club of issue with P4 on usb-C.
The more we are listing it here the better as it might show dji something need to be done.

I may understand if we were takling of an old phantom 3 but here this is still the latest model (as V2 is some addition on the signal handling).
I would even be willing to pay a fee to send my P4 remote and get a one working with usb-c.
I didn't saw lately an update of DJI go 4.
Already there is little update on P4 on firmware. Let's see what is coming
2021-10-2
Use props
Digital Emu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129281 ft
Australia

MarcPelissier Posted at 10-2 15:16
Hi digitalemu,
Sorry to hear that you join the club of issue with P4 on usb-C.
The more we are listing it here the better as it might show dji something need to be done.

Indeed mate.

We did a shoot on the weekend with the P4Pv2 and wow, the difference the 12.9 makes is insane.
Very much hoping we get a fix.
2021-10-14
Use props
djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv
New

United States

Digital Emu Posted at 10-14 02:14
Indeed mate.

We did a shoot on the weekend with the P4Pv2 and wow, the difference the 12.9 makes is insane.

All,

Like others in this post and those just monitoring the post and who have the same issue, I am not confident that DJI will supply a fix or has much interest in researching a fix.  Simple business practice based on designed obsolescence, market share, and profit to overhead (EBIT).  Anyone who has tried to work with DJI Customer Service knows how difficult that is.  If DJI offered a DJI Care package for SW/Firmware Updates/Upgrades, we would have a fix.  Call me a pessimist or what you will, but it’s simple business and $$$$…. Glad I kept my iPad Air 2.
2021-10-17
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv Posted at 10-17 11:34
All,

Like others in this post and those just monitoring the post and who have the same issue, I am not confident that DJI will supply a fix or has much interest in researching a fix.  Simple business practice based on designed obsolescence, market share, and profit to overhead (EBIT).  Anyone who has tried to work with DJI Customer Service knows how difficult that is.  If DJI offered a DJI Care package for SW/Firmware Updates/Upgrades, we would have a fix.  Call me a pessimist or what you will, but it’s simple business and $$$$…. Glad I kept my iPad Air 2.

With the draconian UK drone rules I’ve not been out for some time. Since my last flight I invested in a new iPad Pro 2021 with the USB-C connector which I had not thought about until now. Like others in this thread to my horror no USB C to USB B cable works with the P4 controller.

This is either one of two things, the firmware on the RC Controller can not communicate via USB C or the USB port does not support USB C.

It would be very helpful if DJI support can test this out for all the P4 pilots out here. And comment if there might be an up coming fix/solution.

Our only option is to get a second hand iPad with a Lighting port and when Apple obsoletes them we have  then left with few options!
2021-10-17
Use props
ncgfLAXnr7rH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3812 ft
United States

Boy after reading this thread I will not update my iPad Air 2.  That was the main purpose for buying an iPad for my P4P
2021-10-20
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv Posted at 10-17 11:34
All,

Like others in this post and those just monitoring the post and who have the same issue, I am not confident that DJI will supply a fix or has much interest in researching a fix.  Simple business practice based on designed obsolescence, market share, and profit to overhead (EBIT).  Anyone who has tried to work with DJI Customer Service knows how difficult that is.  If DJI offered a DJI Care package for SW/Firmware Updates/Upgrades, we would have a fix.  Call me a pessimist or what you will, but it’s simple business and $$$$…. Glad I kept my iPad Air 2.

No I unfortunately agree. I think you are realist but good to try still (sometimes miracle ;-) )
2021-10-21
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

skyguy17 Posted at 10-17 13:37
With the draconian UK drone rules I’ve not been out for some time. Since my last flight I invested in a new iPad Pro 2021 with the USB-C connector which I had not thought about until now. Like others in this thread to my horror no USB C to USB B cable works with the P4 controller.

This is either one of two things, the firmware on the RC Controller can not communicate via USB C or the USB port does not support USB C.

Hi Skyguy17,

I took the time with Dji sipport to do all the test, send them the log and teh video of it is done, demo it works with Mavic pro 2 and not with P4

So this part was done. See post above
2021-10-21
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

I don't know on your side but I just got a few days agao a notification of a GO 4 app update on my ipad.
Therefore, I will do the test in the coming days (need some delay) .
I'm of course not setting up expectation here as the probability that the issue is still there is high.

Yet will test as the DJI support answer last time, we will have a fix in next GO 4 release

If it is not fixed, then I will reopen the case and alsso suggest for sending bacth the remote and have a process set to possibly chnage the USB port of needed. Indicating ok with a reassonable fee and that there seem to be quite some people waiting for it out there.

If we think about obsolescce, there is no P5 out so we are "just" talking of the model before the latest not an inspire 1 or P3 !
2021-10-21
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Marc,
the issue is still here. I've tried yesterday with updated ipad and new dji go4 but still can't connect the phantom.
"luckly" i change my mobile with an iphone 13 pro max and with lightening cable no issue at all, i can connect it and i've looked for firmware update (were up to date).

I think DJI just abandon the Phantom series for the new Mavics.
Next week i'll change my old but gold phantom 4 pro (december 2016, more than 2000 hours flying) with the new mavic 3 cine, hoping to have a solution for drone mapping  (with smart controller v2) like the old mavic 2 pro. Now i have the air2s for small mapping area, because air2s doesn't support the waypoint automatic flight, useful for big area mapping with automated flight path.

Poor phantom series, for years i've been looking for a Phantom 5..
2021-10-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules