Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ipad pro usb-C do not connect to P4 Pro remote
123Next >
21863 91 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deanlongstaff
New

United Kingdom

This is still a big issue for me too

I have a DJI P4 standard for when I'm on holiday around the country and a DJI Mini 2 for when hiking. I have the 2021 M1 iPad Pro 12.9 which I bought as a bigger screen and hoped to use with my phantom. But it doesn't work so now my Phantom is a brick to me, I refuse to use a mobile phone with my phantom.

Really hope DJI Sort this out, I'm an average consumer who cannot afford the latest and greatest drones.
Tested with iPad OS - 15.1 and DJI GO 4 - 4.3.46
2021-10-29
Use props
Johnyv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88681 ft

Australia

I realise that this is an ipad Pro specific forum, however, I recently purchased an ipad mini 6 which is also usb c. This fails to connect to the DJI 4 Phantom 4 Pro Remote model GL300F.
Any movement on this issue?
Same versions
iPad OS - 15.1 and DJI GO 4 - 4.3.46
Just curious what versions of the remote are you all running?
I am running 01.04.01.00 but I see on the DJI support site there is a newer version....
I assume this is for the Pro + "Phantom 4 Pro Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware 01.04.03.00"
When I use DJI Go 4 there aren't  any updates available.

2021-11-1
Use props
Johnyv
lvl.1

Australia

ATJ Posted at 6-4 07:22
I believe the answer to your problem is in the Developer Options:
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Apple iPad Pro

By the way that guide is for a samsung note. It is an android device.
There is no way foran iOS device to be put into USB Debug mode.
2021-11-2
Use props
Johnyv
lvl.1

Australia

Today I attempted to connect the ipad to the Phantom 4 Pro drone itself and it connected and was shown in the app.
It is remote related.
Anyone have any updates? I am in the process of looking for an ipad mini 5 now :|...Not Happy
2021-11-9
Use props
ATJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Johnyv Posted at 11-9 16:37
Today I attempted to connect the ipad to the Phantom 4 Pro drone itself and it connected and was shown in the app.
It is remote related.
Anyone have any updates? I am in the process of looking for an ipad mini 5 now :|...Not Happy

Just curious has anyone tried using a USB C Female to USB Male Adapter?
2021-11-10
Use props
Todd Ruhl
lvl.1
United States

ATJ Posted at 11-10 04:02
Just curious has anyone tried using a USB C Female to USB Male Adapter?

Yes...it doesn't work. DJI needs to update the firmware on the remote so it can recognize a USB-C connection. Until then, you'll have to use an iPad (mini or full size) with a lightning connection.
2021-11-16
Use props
MikeFesta
New
United States

Confirming that this is an issue for me as well. I just traded in my iPad mini 4th edition for the 6th edition and I'm disappointed to find that it doesn't work with my Phantom 4 (non-pro version).

I'm a software developer, so I did some additional testing using the DJI SDK and it looks to me like Todd's correct that the controller firmware is what needs an update. Using the default starter project and running it on my iPhone (12 Pro, lightning) I could see debugging messages when the controller was connected and disconnected. The same app running on the iPad mini 6 (usb-c) didn't show anything when connecting/disconnecting. I also tried from a samsung galaxy s10 (usb-c), which worked fine.

It looks like this problem started with iOS 14 (a year ago) and it's still there with iOS 15. If DJI hasn't fixed it on their end by now, I don't imagine that they ever will. Thanks to those on the forum for confirming that the v2 controller works at least. It seems like the old controller either needs a different chip/hardware or that DJI just has no interest in releasing any more firmware for it.

I hate to admit it, but I went ahead and bought a P4P v2, which is probably just what they want I am looking forward to the camera upgrade though and think it will make a big difference in my photogrammetry scans. It's annoying that DJI hasn't acknowledged this issue and doesn't seem to have any plans to fix it, but I ended up sticking with them because I'm impressed with their SDK now that I got to learn about it.
2021-12-13
Use props
Digital Emu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129281 ft
Australia

An adendum to this:

Now that DJI has wholesale ruined the DJI GO 4 Application for Android 12 and above, this has now become a critical problem.

I've now had to cancel two jobs because of this overwhelming display of incompetence.... In essence, my Phantom 4 V1 drone is now a brick.

I can't connect to it with my Android Phone.
I can't connect to it with my new iPad.

Thankyou, DJI... for destroying what little credibility you had left.... and in doing so, costing small (and seriously struggling businesses) thousands of dollars.... and their potential livelihood over the Christmas period.

Regards,  
All small business owners in my position.
2021-12-16
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

I too am terribly disappointed. I just received my iPad mini 6 and it won't connect to the P4P V1 RC (GL300F) using the DJI GO4 App. It connects to my Mavic Mini1 .
2022-1-1
Use props
tomcatx
New

United States

Don't think you can. I just returned my iPad Mini6 for the same reason.
2022-1-4
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

Since the new ports are Thunderbolt4, has anyone tried the adapter that is meant to allow older Thunderbolt connections to the newer ports?
2022-1-5
Use props
GJA
lvl.1

Greece

NotSoSmartPA Posted at 1-5 06:04
Since the new ports are Thunderbolt4, has anyone tried the adapter that is meant to allow older Thunderbolt connections to the newer ports?

What is this adapter? Can you help me?
2022-1-5
Use props
atlumberg
New
Flight distance : 2608 ft

United States

I am also trying to find the solution to the cable not seeing the drone on iPad Pro.

I have the iPad Pro 2020 (gen 4) and it USED TO work beautifully with the P4P. It appears an iOS update somewhere in the 14.xx neighborhood rendered the connection unseeable. Upgrading to v15.1 did not resolve the issue.

Connecting using the iPhone 6s works fine BUT I don’t want to use that tiny screen!! Nor do I want to buy a new (old) iPad so this App works! It is absurd that it hasn’t been resolved yet.

DJI SUPPORT POST A SOLUTION OR A DATE WHEN WE CAN EXPECT RESOLUTION!
2022-1-8
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282877 ft
United States

ATJ Posted at 2021-6-4 07:22
I believe the answer to your problem is in the Developer Options:
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Apple iPad Pro

Customers having to do a lot of work to fix a DJI issue.  Those menu dont exist on my ipad 12.9 pro
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

Panph Posted at 2021-10-29 02:35
Hi Marc,
the issue is still here. I've tried yesterday with updated ipad and new dji go4 but still can't connect the phantom.
"luckly" i change my mobile with an iphone 13 pro max and with lightening cable no issue at all, i can connect it and i've looked for firmware update (were up to date).

It will not just go away by deleting and reloading.   I am seeing tons of people with the same issue and DJI responds quickly on first post about subjects (BOT) and never again.   I want to use my ipad with usb-c and like you my phone is instant connection but ipad just wont.  Been through 8 cables now.
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

digitalemu Posted at 2021-10-1 20:19
I'm having the same issue.
I upgraded from a 3rd Gen iPad Air to a 12.9 5th Gen iPad Pro yesterday to use with the Drones.
I own a P4Pv2 and a P4 and use both for personal use and commercial work.

Well said / appears to be happening to tons of us.   Works with apple phone with lightning but not pro with usb-c cable.  DFJI responds quickly with bull ... debug ideas then never to heard of again..
2022-1-13
Use props
fansfe74d970
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with my iPad Pro 2020 and the USB-C connectivity.
I don't believe it to be an Apple issue as my iPhone 13 Pro works ok with the controller using the lightning connector.
Looks like that will have to be used for the foreseeable future instead of the bigger, better screen on the iPad!  :-(
2022-1-14
Use props
Jorge_Galher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193350 ft
Mexico

The same problem IPad Pro 2gen, iOS 15.01
2022-1-18
Use props
fansea8f53a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47694 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. iPad Pro 11” with USB C not connecting with the phantom 4 remote.  Keeping an eye on this while searching for a solution.
2022-1-23
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

rotarydrone Posted at 2021-7-28 04:11
Any solutions yet? I bought a $2k 1tb paperweight, wich really sucks as I've never liked "i" anything, but it seems to be the most supported for mapping, or atleast I thought, p4a and inspire 1 pro doesn't even pull up any dji apps, just says charging... dji? Help!!

At least yours is charging!
2022-2-5
Use props
Shafnitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5330728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to this list. Would really be nice to hear something from DJI on this issue.
2022-2-10
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Hi Forum users,

Just to keep it ticking over I'd like to throw my pennys worth in.

My P4P controller will not connect to my new iPad mini 6.

The drone still connects to controller and I can still use other screens but the iPad 6 mini.

Wondering if DJI will pull their finger out of their butt and get a fox happening or at least put us out of our misery!

Cheers!
2022-2-14
Use props
Jorge_Galher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193350 ft
Mexico

Alguien lo pudo solucionar?
2022-3-10
Use props
dlawrencephotosgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409344 ft
United States

What a flipping crock, I was excited to use this new IPad with my Obsidian Phantom 4 Pro.  Now I see everyone else with the connection issues also.
2022-3-17
Use props
FlightSight0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 414524 ft
United Kingdom

Just upgraded to the IPad Air 5g and have the same issue…
2022-3-23
Use props
Daniel Dobosi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152090 ft
Austria

Hi there, any solution yet?
2022-4-22
Use props
fansea8f53a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47694 ft
United States

Same problem. Looking to see if there is a resolution as of 5/31/2022 and not finding one?
2022-5-31
Use props
joecnc2006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13924 ft
United States

Mine is working now.

Phantom 4 Pro V1 with IPAD Mini 6 (USB-C)

See this post.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559

Message #28 and my response.
2022-5-31
Use props
skyfunk
lvl.1

United States

Following along with y'all. iPad 11, DJI, MAvic Air 2. Used to work, upgrade to iPad killed it. Occasionally, if I re-install app, reboot, it will work for one flight, then stops working for weeks.
2022-6-3
Use props
Johnyv
lvl.1

Australia

joecnc2006 Posted at 5-31 16:58
Mine is working now.

Phantom 4 Pro V1 with IPAD Mini 6 (USB-C)

It appears that some users are still having issues after testing that adapter that you linked to in your post.
2022-6-22
Use props
Red Necker
lvl.1

United States

I have this USB+C issue, with P4P : no cam view from IPad 11 2021. Any news since 2021?
2022-7-22
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
Coming back to this thread. Some trying to connect P4P with ipad mini 6 (usb-C as well) said they suceeded with a USB-C to USB-A converter; But some said as well that it doesn't work .. so

On my side (I started that thread some time ago), I gave up .. and I guess this exactly what dji wants .. they don't care at all of fixing this, this is obvious as it lasted for years.
They want us to buy newer drone and also we can see that anyway Go App will obviously die as no more used by all new drones (including mavic 3)
So I sold my P4P, with a bit of sadness as I liked it.

2022-7-23
Use props
AWDstylez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2561562 ft
  • >>>
United States

This remains an issue. Just found out about it while attempting to use my backup P4A for a mapping job. What an absolute joke that this hasn't been addressed. This is exactly why I won't purchase the RTK or any other overpriced enterprise product, because I can't image spending that kind of money to be at the mercy of such terrible customer service and ineptitude.
C to A and A to C adapters do not change the situation.
2022-7-27
Use props
TXSkyPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299974 ft
United States

Has anyone tried using the Apple USB-C to USB adapter  and connecting from adapter to P4P remote with a double male USB? The little USB-C to USB adapters are useless but thought maybe Apple’s own adapter might work. Reloaded app and firmware with no improvement. I will let you know if the two cables combined works.
2022-8-18
Use props
GABRIELCEDENO50
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem with the connection of the IPAD pro 12Gnd and the Phantom 4, it did not connect with any cable. Even though other USB C cables would connect me with the Matrice 600 and iPad pro, it didn't work for the phantom 4.

But certainly THE SOLUTION IS THE ADAPTER!!

https://www.amazon.com/nonda-Adapter-MacBook-Laptops-Chargers/dp/B0861Y5LF6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1M3PYMGT3IGGT&keywords=nonda%2Busb%2Bc%2Bto%2Busb%2Badapter&qid=1665419338&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjA0IiwicXNhIjoiMi45MSIsInFzcCI6IjIuODUifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-5&th=1

2022-10-10
Use props
Diego_Geo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6312 ft

Colombia

GABRIELCEDENO50 Posted at 10-10 08:37
I had the same problem with the connection of the IPAD pro 12Gnd and the Phantom 4, it did not connect with any cable. Even though other USB C cables would connect me with the Matrice 600 and iPad pro, it didn't work for the phantom 4.

Hi Gabriel, I've got P4P v1 and Ipad pro-11" with OS 15.6.1. I've got the same issue with the connection between the Ipad and P4P controller. The adapter that you mentioned really works?

Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

I believe the answer to your problem is in the Developer Options: How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Apple iPad Pro
2022-10-25
Use props
Diego_Geo
lvl.1

Colombia

ro_walker Posted at 10-25 12:23
I believe the answer to your problem is in the Developer Options: How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Apple iPad Pro

I tried this solution but does not work. I enabled the Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging but this problem continues.
2022-10-26
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

Diego_Geo Posted at 10-26 16:00
I tried this solution but does not work. I enabled the Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging but this problem continues.

2022-10-27
Use props
Diego_Geo
lvl.1

Colombia

GABRIELCEDENO50 Posted at 10-10 08:37

Hi, this solutions does not work. This adapter does not work in my ipad pro and the phantom 4 pro V1.
2022-11-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules