Ipad pro usb-C do not connect to P4 Pro remote
21944 91 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_g6IByRVeXKnl
New

United States

I just updated to IpadOS 16.1.1 and standard cable, usb A to usb C perfectly worked
2022-11-13
Use props
Airspex
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_g6IByRVeXKnl Posted at 11-13 07:41
I just updated to IpadOS 16.1.1 and standard cable, usb A to usb C perfectly worked

Which USB C cable did you use? I’ve updated my iPad to 16.1.1 and still can’t establish a connection
2022-11-29
Use props
cyclops55
New
Flight distance : 1084327 ft
United States

Can't connect iPad Pro either with 16.1.1. What was your success?  Cable or deleting app and reinstalling?
2022-12-3
Use props
cyclops55
New
Flight distance : 1084327 ft
United States

I ordered a USB adapter to the original male to male USB C Apple charging cord for my iPad Pro and it worked today.  

USB C Female to USB Male Adapter(2 Pack),ANDAPA USB C to USB Charger Cable Adapter for iPhone 12 13 14 Mini Pro Max,Airpods iPad pro

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091Z4QYVS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I think it is a port issue somewhere in either the iPad ver.  P4P hasn't been updated in a long time, so I am guessing it was an Apple update that kept a port connecting to the drone remote.
2022-12-4
Use props
Airspex
lvl.1

Australia

cyclops55 Posted at 12-4 15:45
I ordered a USB adapter to the original male to male USB C Apple charging cord for my iPad Pro and it worked today.  

USB C Female to USB Male Adapter(2 Pack),ANDAPA USB C to USB Charger Cable Adapter for iPhone 12 13 14 Mini Pro Max,Airpods iPad pro

That's great news! thanks for posting. I'll order the adaptor now and post my results when it arrives
2022-12-16
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-6-3 23:16
Hi, MarcPelissier. Thanks for reaching out! If you haven't tried, we suggest to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 then give it another try. A quick restart on your iPad Pro might also help. We also recommend testing the remote using other mobile devices and see if it can be recognized.

I have the same problem here are some facts about my Phantom 4 Pro drone

- works fine with my Ipad Pro 10" running IOS 13 and using lightning cable.
- when connecting to my Ipad Pro M1 running IOS 14 - it makes the connect acknowledgement sound but nothing appears in DJI GO 4
- I have updated the M1 to the latest IOS just to get this to work - IOS 16.3.1 - Does not work
- I have gone through the lengthy process of enabling Developer mode on my M1 - Uninstalled and Reintalled DJI GO 4 afterwards - Restarted the M1 and the drone - DOESN'T WORK.
- I have tried several USB-A to USB-C cables that work with transfering data off my phones and that work between my Ipad and my Windows laptop - DOESN'T WORK.
- I have a multi adapter for my ipad - I have used USB-C to USB-A cable with the multi adapter - still doesn't work.

What I have left to try us to use a USB-C to USB-C cable connected to a USB-C to USB-A adapter on the remote side - as has been suggested here... Not sure this adapter is readily available in Mauritius... but will try.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT using the USB-C-to-A adapter with a thunderbolt cable worked for you?

I'm really mad at DJI when I see all these people having these same issues and COMPLETE SILENCE from DJI!!!  DJI Gamora why has nothing been done so far to help us?

Btw I still have that worthless P4PV2 that turns on itself on its own sleeping here as DJI has refused to pay for the shipping... how long is DJI going to ignore paying customers?!?!
2023-3-19
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
fansb7b05092
New
Flight distance : 198665 ft
United States

I am in the same boat as everyone else. Any updates?
2023-5-26
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have been on so many wild goose chases with these cables and adapters.  People telling me that this cable and this adapter works with the iPad Pro and the P4P and only to find out that it didn't work and I just bought another cable or adapter that will sit in a drawer, or I have to return.  I would like to see physical proof like pictures from people that these cables and adapters are working and not just links to the cables and adapters.  I am not believing anyone anymore.  I have bought close to 5 cables and 5 adapters trying to get this to work.  I am frustrated just like all of you.  Obviously DJI has no intention of getting this to work at all and we are on our own.  So please be honest if these are actually working or not.  I have a iPad Pro M1 12.9 inch and a iPad mini 6 neither of the work.  Both of them are running the latest software iPad OS 16.5.  I am sorry to rant but I feel that I have spent close to a $100 on this or more and I am tired of spending money on wild goose chases.  I want to see physical proof.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_loBTqEPdQXQB
lvl.1
United States

So here’s what I kinda figured out about the p4p controller and usb-c
The controller tries to charge the iPad Pro and it’s not enough current to charge the iPad so it disconnects itself which in turn disconnects the iPad from the controller and drone… point proven if you hook your normal charging back into the iPad Pro and it will start to charge reconnect the controller and it connects again… I’m afraid there isn’t gonna be a fix for this in my opinion..
2023-10-23
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

djiuser_loBTqEPdQXQB Posted at 10-23 15:01
So here’s what I kinda figured out about the p4p controller and usb-c
The controller tries to charge the iPad Pro and it’s not enough current to charge the iPad so it disconnects itself which in turn disconnects the iPad from the controller and drone… point proven if you hook your normal charging back into the iPad Pro and it will start to charge reconnect the controller and it connects again… I’m afraid there isn’t gonna be a fix for this in my opinion..

Yet still interresting finding. Thanks
On my side, I gave up and sold my P4P, moved to Mavic 3P
2023-10-24
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

The only fix that I was able to come up with is getting a iPad mini 5, and that worked.  It is amazing that I have a iPad mini 5 and 6.  Both of them are running the same exact software. But the only difference between them is one of them is using a Usb C port and the other one is using a lightning port.  
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules