Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This is why we can't have nice things
813 17 2021-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/ ... ndoned-drone-crash/
It looks like a irresponsible Mavic Mini 2 owner caused thousands of birds to abandon their nests and eggs. I hope the California Department Of Fish And Wildlife punishes you with a hefty fine. Idiot!

2021-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MisterFrag. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that DJI highly recommend to follow the rules and regulations when flying your DJI Drones to avoid an untoward incidents and to avoid being apprehended. Thank you.
2021-6-3
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Oh my god
2021-6-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who took the photograph of the drone? Weren't they not supposed to be there?
2021-6-3
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-3 20:23
Who took the photograph of the drone? Weren't they not supposed to be there?

That picture was taken by the California Department Of Fish And Wildlife.
2021-6-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is why we can't have nice things
What nice things are you missing out on?
2021-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sad to see and read about.  However, an isolated drone crash was not the only problem.  

"But in recent months, Fish and Wildlife officials have seen an increase in violations, especially after hours – signs and fences destroyed, graffiti, trash, and plants and animals being illegally harvested or taken from the reserve. Dogs have been allowed to roam free, which officials say has a significant impact on wild birds that are breeding, nesting, and migrating."
2021-6-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well i wouldn't start judging without knowing the facts...with recent software changes the fly app is getting more buggier and problematic to use. after having to return almost without visual yesterday i wouldn't discard a possibility of a drone or software issue.
2021-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch. Not too nice.
2021-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 6-4 04:37
well i wouldn't start judging without knowing the facts...with recent software changes the fly app is getting more buggier and problematic to use. after having to return almost without visual yesterday i wouldn't discard a possibility of a drone or software issue.

I have not experienced any bugs lately with my M2.
2021-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was stationed on an island atoll in the Pacific for a year and there were about 20,000 nesting terns at times on a 9 acre part of the island. They were not the least bit afraid of us when we walked or drove a truck past them to maintain the LORAN transmitting equipment. Most of the daylight nesting time was spent with the parent birds searching for fish. Some areas were frequently filled with eggs without the larger birds around. I find it hard to believe that all those birds in the photo left and never came back because of that tiny drone. Makes no sense.
2021-6-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-4 05:03
I have not experienced any bugs lately with my M2.

good for you...i had a lot of issues last time - tried for 10 min to unlock a zone. had to move to another place to succeed without any actual difference. it was literally only 500 m away...and charging of ios throttled my device(iphone 12pm)to the point where the display went so dim i couldnt see ......
2021-6-4
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

I wonder how well his Mini 2 would fly if it were inserted about 10 inches into his colon.
2021-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 6-4 07:58
good for you...i had a lot of issues last time - tried for 10 min to unlock a zone. had to move to another place to succeed without any actual difference. it was literally only 500 m away...and charging of ios throttled my device(iphone 12pm)to the point where the display went so dim i couldnt see ......

Maybe I'm just lucky
But I never tried unlocking zones. So that could be why
I did notice they changed the charging option (removed the toggle).
2021-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just saw this in the news.   Apparently there were two drones flying and one ditched.
2021-6-5
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Bullshxt...
While the birds are nesting, they will attack any drone...see seagulls, see pidgeons, and so on...
On such big area no drone can survive...and also no birds will leave the nest from a small drone...

Let's check magnetic earth disturbancies, let's check 5G signal as at maximum it can kill a bird, and so on...
But this news is full of bird shxt !
2021-6-6
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

Let's check magnetic earth disturbancies, let's check 5G signal as at maximum it can kill a bird, and so on...

Speaking of BS....

There has been no change in the earth's magnetic field. And please provide a credible source for a 5G signal being able to kill, especially at a distance.
2021-6-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 6-6 15:37
Let's check magnetic earth disturbancies, let's check 5G signal as at maximum it can kill a bird, and so on...

I think he was being sarcastic.....
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules