Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini SE
4281 23 2021-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

I came across news about this recently about a supposed walmart listing, but really don't know how true it is since there was no speculation or leaks regarding such release beforehand. The supposed DJI Mini SE though just seems like a rebranded Mavic mini with all the same specs. Interseting that they used the same controller as the one in the Air 2S yet still uses a wifi connection, thus really making it hard to compete with other mini drones with better communication protocols that are also quite cheap. Link below:

https://dronedj.com/2021/06/03/d ... t-is-it-really-new/

2021-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I read it too. On multiple sites.
Not sure if it is legit indeed.
2021-6-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Well it makes sense, re release under the new name scheme with the fixed props so no more UN-commanded descents for mini SE owners, also it's using the new mini 2 body so the old argument about not enough cooling for 4k now goes out the window.  Will be interesting to see but not a surprise at this point, hope they added some more app features outside re-shipping the mini with the newer batteries/remote/and props.

2021-6-4
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I guess also the radio module is revised. Single band but not pure Wi-Fi, something like Ocusync with only one band enabled.
Also bluetooth is present, could be used to transmit video streaming without the need of the cable.

The price should be really cheaper then the MINI2.
2021-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If I recall I think Dji did something like this with the spark range as well. Re-branded and launched
2021-6-4
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

It just a re-branded Mavic Mini with different controller. Also different color on props. Get it at Walmart.
2021-6-4
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-4 06:14
Well it makes sense, re release under the new name scheme with the fixed props so no more UN-commanded descents for mini SE owners, also it's using the new mini 2 body so the old argument about not enough cooling for 4k now goes out the window.  Will be interesting to see but not a surprise at this point, hope they added some more app features outside re-shipping the mini with the newer batteries/remote/and props.

Yeah, really don't get why they won't just enable 4k since they're using the same camera and same body now anw. From the specs though, seems like the app features would be pretty same sadly.
2021-6-4
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 6-4 07:23
I guess also the radio module is revised. Single band but not pure Wi-Fi, something like Ocusync with only one band enabled.
Also bluetooth is present, could be used to transmit video streaming without the need of the cable.

Not so sure but the package that was posted did say it was still operating at wifi. So I guess it means it is using the FCC Mavic Mini version with only 5.8ghz band and 2.5 miles range. Was really hoping for occusync at least. Bluetooth also not so sure since it is quite slow, incredibly long to transfer videos over bluetooth.

But yeah agreed, it should be way cheaper than the mini 2
2021-6-4
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Suren Posted at 6-4 12:00
If I recall I think Dji did something like this with the spark range as well. Re-branded and launched

Yeah I think so too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they repackaged it into a fmc package complete with remote and 3 batteries. Before I think the remote was sold separately.
2021-6-4
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

ranrick Posted at 6-4 13:32
Yeah I think so too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they repackaged it into a fmc package complete with remote and 3 batteries. Before I think the remote was sold separately.

No.  The Mini (without the combo) came with the remote (with phone cables), one battery and charger, and as i recall one spare set of props.  The Fly More Combo added two extra batteries, the 3 slot charger, additional spare props, prop guards, and the carry case.
2021-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we have not yet received any information regarding the said post. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-6-4
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

K6CCC Posted at 6-4 14:17
No.  The Mini (without the combo) came with the remote (with phone cables), one battery and charger, and as i recall one spare set of props.  The Fly More Combo added two extra batteries, the 3 slot charger, additional spare props, prop guards, and the carry case.

Oh I mean with the Spark, I remember the controller was sold separately at first for the Spark. The Mini had the remote all throughout since it can't connect to the phone directly.
2021-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Initially seems like a marketing ploy to dump remaining Mini inventory.  
2021-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

ranrick Posted at 6-4 13:28
Yeah, really don't get why they won't just enable 4k since they're using the same camera and same body now anw. From the specs though, seems like the app features would be pretty same sadly.

True but DJI did include 1 new feature that I noticed, AEB is advertised. Where the mini 1 never got that feature, Oh boy DJI you really out did yourself with this one. I still HIGHLY doubt it, but maybe the inclusion of RAW has finally been added.

Walmart Listing.

This is a "technical" upgrade and not just a re-badge, it's using the mini 2 shell which has improvements over the mini 1 (If they were clearing stock, they wouldn't be using the 2.0 shell and would finish out the remainder of 1.0 shell).

The larger lipo battery will give the mini more power to fight the wind better while also weighing less, the new radio while still wifi or single band means if you buy a air2s or w/e you can keep using your existing controller to which DJI is an UP SELL. You buy one drone and controller and then they can sell you just the drone, but when the battery dies in your one remote and you can't replace it without buying a second controller it'd perhaps make more sense to have individual controllers so that you don't go for a flight and end up borked.

As far as the software features go, it's anyone's guess. I see AEB advertised on the walmart listing but even walmart has a disclaimer that the features listed aren't 100%.

To stay relevant again the Fimi and now the Hubsan, I would like to think we will see more app support (Pano, AEB, Raw, and some form of stationary tracking) if they want to remain competitive.
2021-6-5
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-4 06:14

where says fixed props
2021-6-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

Guorium Posted at 6-5 16:35
where says fixed props

Do you not see the orange tips? They are the mini 2 props which are stiffer then the mini 1 props, so therefore "Fixed" props.
2021-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI desperate to get young people flying, they are going to set this price low to see if younger people will bite, thy have all the parts equipment etc so why not. But it seems no matter what drone they release the big buying sector is still 35/60 with 40/50 by far the biggest purchaser , I’m certain they are trying hard to get teens and up so trying this on price. Cameras won’t mean a lot to young people and I still believe They will release a Mini 3 with better camera or better camera features for discerning users.
2021-6-6
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-6 04:06
Do you not see the orange tips? They are the mini 2 props which are stiffer then the mini 1 props, so therefore "Fixed" props.

I guess with "fixed" he assumed one piece, but in this case it's props that have "fixed" the uncommanded descend issue. Hope it's really that. If it really IS a mini with at least the same 2.7K camera AND cheaper, I would probably jump on it for my kids....
I already have a MA2 in my fleet and another original Mini on the way.
2021-6-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

doglaboi Posted at 6-6 13:07
I guess with "fixed" he assumed one piece, but in this case it's props that have "fixed" the uncommanded descend issue. Hope it's really that. If it really IS a mini with at least the same 2.7K camera AND cheaper, I would probably jump on it for my kids....
I already have a MA2 in my fleet and another original Mini on the way.

Obv we don't know the price yet but I've heard it to be around $50 less then the mini 2, so I don't know who would be in the market for a mini 2 and see this and think Sweet $50 saved, oh wait when the mini 2 has 4k and so on why would anyone pick the SE mini over the 2?  It'd have to be much less IMO to sway buyers even first timers to pick up an SE over the mini 2.

My best guess is that the mini 1 was already under 249g, with this lighter battery that will provide better thrust, and will weigh closer to the JAP 199g of the mini 1 so that makes me think it'll meet the mtom weight.
2021-6-7
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 6-6 04:06

I did not know orange tip is stiffer.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_WxsPLILUGIJU
New

United States

Can the controller for the mini2 can be used with the mini se?
2021-11-13
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

djiuser_WxsPLILUGIJU Posted at 11-13 10:18
Can the controller for the mini2 can be used with the mini se?

No it cannot. The mini 2's controller is made to work with occusync 2.0 or higher. The Mini SE still uses enhanced wifi as its transmission method like the mini 1.
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_H6sTw51EOlbr
New

United States

hi everyone,I recently purchased a new dji mini se drone,it was working normally until it was loosing range,so I was messing with the transmission and tried manual transmission until I clicked on manual transmission and it came with a blank camera view screen.So I thought just turn it off and turn it back on but now the frequency is stuck on dual band and it won’t connect.Donr know what to do from here someone please help.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_H6sTw51EOlbr
New

United States

hi everyone,I recently purchased a new dji mini se drone,it was working normally until it was loosing range,so I was messing with the transmission and tried manual transmission until I clicked on manual transmission and it came with a blank camera view screen.So I thought just turn it off and turn it back on but now the frequency is stuck on dual band and it won’t connect.Donr know what to do from here someone please help.
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules