Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark crash so fast (video)
1445 11 2021-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

Hi there,how are you people? This past weekend I have flown with my Spark at various points in Portugal. I had no problem until on a beach "praia do beliche" the drone warned me of a weak gps signal so it limits my height. Other times I have flown like this and I have had no problem. But this time the drone when I controlled it backwards went crazy and went at a very fast speed until it hit some rocks in the cave I was in. Should I worry for another time? Should i send it? Thanks in advance.
Last seconds of the video

link video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_qCvMvl4cQ

2021-6-5
Use props
CallMeAlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How many satellites did the Spark show as visible?  
I never take off with fewer than 12.
2021-6-5
Use props
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

i dont remember. But sometimes i fly the drone in Atti and also in places as waterfalls in Bali, and i didnt have problem. Obviously in Atti is a little bit harder. But this was different. In a second the drone just came to me in a really crazy speed.

in this video you can see the same that happen to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDeBsuHnz0
2021-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-6-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,
Sorry for your mishap.
If you like, you can upload the log of the incident flight here.

That way we can have a look what really happened.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-6
Use props
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, thank you for the responses. So, do i have to contact with dji support? and then they tell me if send the drone is necessary? do you think to send the broken battery is necesary too? THanks!
2021-6-10
Use props
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/35550ZDQZHZUZOYHKEM9

here you can check the flight log
2021-6-13
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Hi ebenknot,

Thanks for the upload. It seems you did not record a homepoint. Did you try to start in that cave where there is no GPS receiption?
Never do that, also because there can be ferrous material in rocks which would disturb the compass.

Additionally, the battery is pretty dead too :-)

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-13
Use props
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

Wolferl Posted at 6-13 01:17
Hi ebenknot,

Thanks for the upload. It seems you did not record a homepoint. Did you try to start in that cave where there is no GPS receiption?

ohhh, thank you for the advices. Maybe i should start outside and go inside just a little bit and quickly to make the video. But is was so weird that the drone went so so fast, it was so crazy, it was like sport speed but it wasnt in sport mode. i never use sport mode. i have just tried once. Dji sent me an email to send the unit with battery. Thanks for the attention!

P.D: i dont really understand one thing. Imagine i am in a place with no gps but i need to make a video....why is so insecure to fly in a place with no gps. If i buy a really cheap drone(20$) without gps, i can fly wherever i want and the drone doesnt become crazy any moment. Yes, you have to control it but is easy. My question is...Why  Atti mode is not a manual normal mode to control like a normal drone without all that automatic stuff? Thanks!
2021-6-13
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

ebenknot Posted at 6-13 01:49
ohhh, thank you for the advices. Maybe i should start outside and go inside just a little bit and quickly to make the video. But is was so weird that the drone went so so fast, it was so crazy, it was like sport speed but it wasnt in sport mode. i never use sport mode. i have just tried once. Dji sent me an email to send the unit with battery. Thanks for the attention!

P.D: i dont really understand one thing. Imagine i am in a place with no gps but i need to make a video....why is so insecure to fly in a place with no gps. If i buy a really cheap drone(20$) without gps, i can fly wherever i want and the drone doesnt become crazy any moment. Yes, you have to control it but is easy. My question is...Why  Atti mode is not a manual normal mode to control like a normal drone without all that automatic stuff? Thanks!

Hi ebenknot,

Your Spark went to ATTI mode, because it had no GPS reception. And you were flying too high so the visual sensor was also not able to stabilize your flight. A "cheap" drone would most probably also fail there.
You need to train your ATTI mode skills, have a look at these two video I made about this:

and

And yes, in ATTI mode the Spark can get crazy fast...

Cheers and HTH,
Wolferl
2021-6-14
Use props
ebenknot
lvl.1

Spain

Ohh, thank you for the help and the videos, are awesome. About atti mode, i remember once that i was in a waterfall in bali and the drone was a little bit weird and i see it change to atti mode but movements was so weird. Then i look the drone and i could land over some stones  easily. But the other day in the cave in the beach was so crazy, impsible to control, impsible. Yesterday i was flying and all was perfect, i tried lot of things and all was perfect. I think that is bad idea to stard a flight (home), inside of the cave. i think i could start flight outside and go inside just a little bit. Anyway, Atti mode i think it shoudnt be a crazy mode, just a total manual mode. In fact i think you should be able to select atti mode manual if you want.

I have  question, where can i change the maximum altitude in atti mode??

Thanks for all the help!!
2021-6-15
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

ebenknot Posted at 6-15 09:16
Ohh, thank you for the help and the videos, are awesome. About atti mode, i remember once that i was in a waterfall in bali and the drone was a little bit weird and i see it change to atti mode but movements was so weird. Then i look the drone and i could land over some stones  easily. But the other day in the cave in the beach was so crazy, impsible to control, impsible. Yesterday i was flying and all was perfect, i tried lot of things and all was perfect. I think that is bad idea to stard a flight (home), inside of the cave. i think i could start flight outside and go inside just a little bit. Anyway, Atti mode i think it shoudnt be a crazy mode, just a total manual mode. In fact i think you should be able to select atti mode manual if you want.

I have  question, where can i change the maximum altitude in atti mode??

Hi ebenknot,

ATTI mode isn't crazy, it is just not a "tamed" mode like P-GPS is. One can use high bank angles which makes it so fast. And it is not a total manual mode, since it still holds the flight altitude automatically for you. Total manual would mean, the pilot needs to correct for the correct altitude himself too, even more difficult to do.
I honestly don't know if the Spark obeys the maximum altitude in ATTI mode....and I'm not going to test that out :-)
The Spark is already tiny, and flying it higher than 30m or so, it would be difficult to tell the bird's attitude.
I do agree with you that DJI should have made it possible to select ATTI right from the factory.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules