5194 15 2021-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Has anyone experienced this: You want to take off but all you see on your screen is the flight data - no FPV feed?

What I subsequently found was that if I select photo mode I get video feed, then switch back to video I have FPV feed.

2021-6-5
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

2021-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the issue persists? Also, you may try to fly to a different location as it indicates a red error message about GPS. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-5
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 19:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the issue persists? Also, you may try to fly to a different location as it indicates a red error message about GPS. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Hi Paladin
Thanks for the advice but unfortunately that did not work.
I uninstalled fly and re-installed from the DJI download site.

I was amazed to note that my settings were still there, probably stored in the AC or at DJI.
The first time I tried I got the same black screen

after altering the mode from video to camara and back a few times I got a picture

Sorry these may not be in the correct sequence - note also that all these were taken indoors which will explain the gps
I shut everything down and rebooted my cellphone and tried again with the same results

and evenyually playing with the settings I got a pcture again.

I have not altered my settings lately, so this must be a software issue. I would suggest that I uninstall 1.4.2 and re-install 1.3.x and try again? Where can I find the previous version to do this?

Thanks for your assistance in this regard
2021-6-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Nearly every day the same question in many similiar threads and the admins always advise reinstalling the faulty app I have no probs on S10e but also have installed the 1.3.0 because I don't like the operation of the camera settings and also the AE lock (symbol) is missing. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/
2021-6-6
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

jonny007 Posted at 6-6 06:55
Nearly every day the same question in many similiar threads and the admins always advise reinstalling the faulty app  I have no probs on S10e but also have installed the 1.3.0 because I don't like the operation of the camera settings and also the AE lock (symbol) is missing. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/

Thanks for the reply and link.
I want to wait for DJI before going further but in all probability I will use the link.
2021-6-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

are you using phone or tablet?
2021-6-6
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

whiteghost Posted at 6-6 07:15
are you using phone or tablet?

Hi
Using a Huawei phone - has worked perfectly for years. It is not the phone that is faulty - I use it for my Spark with the Go4 as well and no problems.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Droffarc Posted at 6-6 06:24
Hi Paladin
Thanks for the advice but unfortunately that did not work.
I uninstalled fly and re-installed from the DJI download site.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please confirm if this issue still occurs even when you are trying to set up outdoors? In addition, can you please confirm what specific model of the mobile device are you using? Please notify us so we can further help you with this concern. Thank you.
2021-6-6
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Paladin
Confirmed - even outside it still occurs.

What I have done is reverted to the previous release of Fly and the problem is not there.
I retried powering down and rebooting my device several times with the old version and every time the view came through perfectly without a problem - one time!

Deviceinfo

Fly info with previous release

View indoors

I am not aware that any other users are experincing this issue on Android.
My logic tells me it is something in the new release that is the cause. I hope that the info I have given will assist in debugging and look forward to a new release soon.
Meantime I will happily fly with 1.4.0    Thanks to all for their valuable input.

Warning: If you log in to APK mirror be aware that it is VERY confusing and you may end up downloading showmax or some other rubbish.
2021-6-7
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Took the Mini2 out for a short sunset flight on 1.4.0 and the result was:
Wonderful! Behaved as a good drone should without hesitation. No issues whatsoever. I am verrrry happy.

2021-6-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Droffarc Posted at 6-8 08:46
Took the Mini2 out for a short sunset flight on 1.4.0 and the result was:
Wonderful! Behaved as a good drone should without hesitation. No issues whatsoever. I am verrrry happy.

Baie goed min herr. It looks very good indeed.
2021-6-8
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

kyalami Posted at 6-8 09:23
Baie goed min herr. It looks very good indeed.

Danke Herr Kayalami
2021-6-8
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Droffarc Posted at 6-8 08:46
Took the Mini2 out for a short sunset flight on 1.4.0 and the result was:

I'm glad that reverting app version worked. It means that we have a workaround until the issue is fixed by DJI. I also wish that they would fix this horizon tilt issue that they keep ignoring.

2021-6-8
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Tuxtard Posted at 6-8 10:40
I'm glad that reverting app version worked. It means that we have a workaround until the issue is fixed by DJI. I also wish that they would fix this horizon tilt issue that they keep ignoring.

[view_image]

Hi
The horison thing does not bother me, I expect the earth to be curved  BTW One of the things I did was to calibrate the gimbal. What you see in this pic is after the calibration.
2021-6-8
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Good news!
the view issue is fixed
I have upgraded the firmware and the fly app and all seems to work fine although I have not yet flown with the new fly version - main thing is I have fpv feed!

2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules