Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zino Mini Pro Crashes During First Demonstration!
2115 17 2021-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

LOLOL This was funny. During the first demonstration of Zino Mini Pro (livestream) it suddenly crashed. They were trying to demonstrate the battery life by hovering in place, which was a silly move as they were trying to talk over indoor prop noise all the time. At one point the drone suddenly went down (I beleive it initiated a landing) But for some reason it could not land. than it suddenly flew left at a very low altitude and crashed into the curtains. You can see it here: (forward to 54th minute)

Not a good start at all!
2021-6-5
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Their faces when drone crashed are priceless...
2021-6-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Miguel Leitao Posted at 6-5 13:15

Hahahahhaa exactly!  
2021-6-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I started laughing when I saw the guys expression on his face when the drone crashed Dji still King
2021-6-5
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Translation......."Mommy!!!!"
2021-6-5
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Miguel Leitao Posted at 6-5 13:15

And the camera couldn’t zoom away quick enough!

Though at least the DJI Mini 2 shuts down the motors if it feels resistance, that Zino one kept going!
2021-6-5
Use props
747P4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1078146 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight distance 810 feet? Boy you need to learn some life experiences!
2021-6-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

747P4 Posted at 6-5 22:27
Flight distance 810 feet? Boy you need to learn some life experiences!

LOLOLOLOLOL No actually my wife needs to! I never ever sync my flights. One time I had to use her phone and she managed to sync before uninstalling Go4, ruining my beauiful "0" flight distance hehhehee
2021-6-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

AussieDronePilot Posted at 6-5 17:07
And the camera couldn’t zoom away quick enough!

Though at least the DJI Mini 2 shuts down the motors if it feels resistance, that Zino one kept going!

If you look carefully, it attempts to land a few times, and after the last one it jumps up suddenly, with a surprisingly high attitude, like a scared cat . Then it comes back down and impressively hovers really low (I thought would have been impossible due to prop wash) before basically "flying away". And it really fights the curtain as you said... It seems to be under perfect VPS conditions, yet it wonders around a lot when hovering. I think it is not ready for prime time yet, but if Hubsan can get their ducks in a row, Zino Mini will get some attention...
2021-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a gormless look on his face.  lol
2021-6-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-5 23:13
If you look carefully, it attempts to land a few times, and after the last one it jumps up suddenly, with a surprisingly high attitude, like a scared cat . Then it comes back down and impressively hovers really low (I thought would have been impossible due to prop wash) before basically "flying away". And it really fights the curtain as you said... It seems to be under perfect VPS conditions, yet it wonders around a lot when hovering. I think it is not ready for prime time yet, but if Hubsan can get their ducks in a row, Zino Mini will get some attention...

It attempts? If you actually watched the demo you'd of known it was being piloted, while it was trying to Auto land the person behind the camera tried to bring it back up and force it to stay up longer, but when flying with the drone facing you the controls are reversed and you can clearly see user input was given and someone mistakenly flew into the curtains. The look on the directors face said it all (Are you fricken kidding me David), it happens during live events. I thought the more interesting part was it flying (Hovering) for 40 minutes, I'd like to see a mini do that.
2021-6-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

40 mins is great but when you're drone has been beeping for about 10 its time to land :-)
2021-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

His facial expression says it all.  Epic fail.
2021-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahahaha. Never fail.
2021-6-7
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Spain

Mine crashed after just two hours of usage. It was on September 11, since than I wait Hubsan's verdict. It is made from very thin plastic and small crashes make huge damages...
I think in my case the Zino Mini Pro crashed due to USB disconnection followed by auto RTH.
2021-10-5
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

54:43 Sounds like someone almost in a sad crying voice says "no"
2021-10-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

FirstQuadcopter Posted at 10-5 21:35
Mine crashed after just two hours of usage. It was on September 11, since than I wait Hubsan's verdict. It is made from very thin plastic and small crashes make huge damages...
[/img].
I think in my case the Zino Mini Pro crashed due to USB disconnection followed by auto RTH.

Sorry to hear about your crash I had almost crashed my Mavic Air in a similar manner back in the time. It was because I forgot the signal loss action at RTH even though I was flying in a wooded area. Luckily I had managed to run closer the drone while it was ascending towards the canopy, regained control and stopped the RTH centimeters away from the branches.

I have read about supplied Zino mini USB cable being subpar but it should not have caused a connection loss between the controller and the aircraft. You should have been able to control the craft using the controller  (without the phone/app). That is strange.

Another strange thing is that the drone seems to be powered by Li-ion batteries instead of LiPo. I would have thought a drone like Zino mini would require quite a bit of power draw due to all the extra sensors/functions.
2021-10-5
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Spain

CemAygun Posted at 10-5 23:24
Sorry to hear about your crash  I had almost crashed my Mavic Air in a similar manner back in the time. It was because I forgot the signal loss action at RTH even though I was flying in a wooded area. Luckily I had managed to run closer the drone while it was ascending towards the canopy, regained control and stopped the RTH centimeters away from the branches.

I have read about supplied Zino mini USB cable being subpar but it should not have caused a connection loss between the controller and the aircraft. You should have been able to control the craft using the controller  (without the phone/app). That is strange.

I read that some of the obstacle avoidance calculations are made by the phone's CPU. Anyway the ZMP also has heating issues. In 30C outdoor temperature, can't hover more than 15 minutes because reaches 80C!!!
BTW, LI-ION cells are lately used on many drones.
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules