3434 9 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2838251 ft
South Africa

Hey everyone,

This is a long story and a very confusing one...
I have owned a Mavic Air 2 for about a year now and I have had no problems connecting my Samsung Galaxy A50 to the controller. About 3 months ago, the controller started to not connect to the phone (it would not show that it was connected in the app). I have tried restarting the phone. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I have tried downloading DJI assistant 2 and downgrading the remotes software, trying the connection process (did not work), upgrading the software back up, and still did not work. I have tried different USB c to USB c cables. I have tried charging the controller to full (a form suggestion). I have tried cleaning the USB ports (also a forum suggestion). I have tried switching the USB around in every which way.
This is where it gets confusing... I tried my parent's phones (both Samsung galaxy 8) and they worked perfectly fine with the controller (yesterday) - it's what I've been using most of the time with the drone when they are around. I then tried connecting my phone to my brother's Mavic mini 1, thinking that it is my phone, and it works great! Now there are times where my phone works with the controller, TODAY of upload, but I then test to see if it is really working by unplugging the phone from the controller and plugging it back in, it then seizes to work.
I'm pretty sure I have covered everything that I have tried as well as the complete confusion with my phone. If anyone has any other recommendations on what to try, I am open to it, except getting a new phone... There has to be something that is causing it to not work on some instances and why it works one minute and stops the next.

Thank you for reading!
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We suggest checking whether you have the latest version of the DJI Fly for your Mavic Air 2. For Android devices, you can download the latest version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If you haven't tried, enabling USB debugging might also be your option.
2021-6-6
Use props
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 04:26
Hi, djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We suggest checking whether you have the latest version of the DJI Fly for your Mavic Air 2. For Android devices, you can download the latest version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If you haven't tried, enabling USB debugging might also be your option.

Hi DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your response. I have the up-to-date app and I have tried your USB debugging suggestion.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht Posted at 6-6 08:44
Hi DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your response. I have the up-to-date app and I have tried your USB debugging suggestion.

You may also set the Default USB configuration of your mobile device and see if that would make any difference. If it can't be detected either, do a quick restart on your mobile device while plugged into the remote and wait if it can be recognized after rebooting.
2021-6-6
Use props
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
South Africa

Great, I will try that, thank you! I have just spoken to my local DJI authorized retailer and they were saying that it is due to DJI not updating their software to allow other phones (mine), that arent on 'the list of phones that are working such as my parents Galaxy S8 - could that also be the case? if so, when do you think DJI will be updating that list? Thank you.
Just to be sure, what USB configuration should I set the default to?
2021-6-6
Use props
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
South Africa

This is the list
2021-6-6
Use props
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
South Africa

Hey DJI Gamora, I tested the default USB tethering this morning, and it seemed to be connecting well, even when unplugging and plugging it back in. I tried again this evening, and it would not want to connect. I tried your second suggestion then and it would not connect... I tried all default USB tethering options and non did the job the second time.
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht Posted at 6-7 08:48
Hey DJI Gamora, I tested the default USB tethering this morning, and it seemed to be connecting well, even when unplugging and plugging it back in. I tried again this evening, and it would not want to connect. I tried your second suggestion then and it would not connect... I tried all default USB tethering options and non did the job the second time.

Hi there, in this case, we recommend that you use another mobile device on the compatibility list for flying. And we will also forward your request to the corresponding team for evaluation.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht
lvl.1
South Africa

I have contacted DJI support and they are looking into it.
Thank you for all your help!
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_PjwasstW46Ht Posted at 6-13 22:05
I have contacted DJI support and they are looking into it.
Thank you for all your help!

You are most welcome and please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules