Mini 2 live video paused mid flight
520 8 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phizinza
lvl.1
Australia

Hi forum, I'm new to drones, DJI and this has been my first 2 hours of flights. Mid flight at about 60% battery, 160m distance and 40m alt the video feed paused. I couldn't get it to come live again so I flew it back by sight, landed it and had to turn the drone and controller off plus exit the app then all back on to get the video feed back. Later the video footage became very chunky (missing up to 2 seconds at a time) as I flew less than 200m away.

Is this common, or should I find a fix for this?

2021-6-6
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Which phone/tablet are you using? If it is and Android device try turning off video caching in the settings.
2021-6-6
Use props
Phizinza
lvl.1
Australia

It is a Motorola G8 plus. Thank you I will disable that and hope it fixes it.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Phizinza. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the problem you're experiencing. We suggest also please check if there's another application running on your phone's background while using the DJI Fly. If there are, kindly force close them temporarily and see if that could also help. We also suggest checking the version of your DJI Fly. For Android devices, the latest version can be downloaded here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-6-6
Use props
Phizinza
lvl.1
Australia

It happened again today. I turned off the caching before the flight. I had to bring the drone back by sight, land it, turn it off, turn the controller off, exit the app, restart everything, to get the picture back again.
2021-6-14
Use props
mVoLLi
New
Flight distance : 75049 ft
Germany

Sometimes my video gets "stuck" too. I usually just force close the DJI Fly app and open it again to bring it back.
2021-6-14
Use props
mVoLLi
New
Flight distance : 75049 ft
Germany

Oops, it posted twice...
2021-6-14
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Phizinza Posted at 6-14 02:48
It happened again today. I turned off the caching before the flight. I had to bring the drone back by sight, land it, turn it off, turn the controller off, exit the app, restart everything, to get the picture back again.

Try to turn Bluetooth and WiFi of on phone.
2021-6-14
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Fly is an awful piece of software. Used to happen to me a lot, and in my case turning off caching did not help. Because I was using an old phone dedicated to flying, I formatted the phone, only installed fly and never happened again. God knows what but something else installed on the phone (probably running in the background) was the cause I guess.
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules