Are my batteries swollen? :(
991 3 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Just noticed that my batteries (all three) have a small buldge as you can see on the pictures.
The drone is new (1 month old) only made 4 or 5 flights. The batteries have at maximun 6 cycles, one of them is only 2 cycles. All 3 present the same buldge.
Should i be worried? Is it time to send the batteries to DJI?
What a disappointment....
20210606_115845.jpg
20210606_120008.jpg
2021-6-6
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Sure looks like it!
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Miguel Leitao. Thanks for reaching out! Please let us know if you have found the batteries swelling after a flight or charging them. To verify if they're indeed swelling, we recommend leaving them under static status for 24 hours before testing it again using a 0.8 mm thick card to confirm if there's any gap in the battery platform.
2021-6-6
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 04:16
Hi, Miguel Leitao. Thanks for reaching out! Please let us know if you have found the batteries swelling after a flight or charging them. To verify if they're indeed swelling, we recommend leaving them under static status for 24 hours before testing it again using a 0.8 mm thick card to confirm if there's any gap in the battery platform.

They have been siting for more than 24 hours. They where charged 3 days ago. I only noticed this today. The batterie in the picture only have 5 cycles, and its the most noticable of the 3 batteries. The other 2 have less cycles. It still fits perfectly in the drone, with no effort at all, but for shure this should not be considered normal.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules