Huawei compatibility with DJIFly V1.4.2
829 4 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi All

I use both a Huawei P30Lite and a Mediapad M5Lite8, bothe devices are on DJI's compatibility list.

When DJIFly V1.4.2 was released both my devices updated. The result was the video downlink was unusable, it refreshed at about 3fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling the APP on either device made no difference. However, uninstalling the APP, deleting all DJI files and folders from the P30Lite, and reinstalling the APP worked. However no such luck with the Mediapad M5Lite8. To fix the Mediapad I had to download V1.4.0 (V1.4.1 exhibited the same issues), and disable all downloads via the DJIFly APP.

Are DJI aware of this issue? Do DJI even care?  Answers on a postcard.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Nidge. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Could you confirm if there's another application running on your Mediapad M5Lite8's background while using the DJI Fly v1.4.2? If there is, we suggest to force close it temporarily while the DJI Fly is being used and see if it makes any difference.
2021-6-10
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 05:11
Hi, Nidge. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Could you confirm if there's another application running on your Mediapad M5Lite8's background while using the DJI Fly v1.4.2? If there is, we suggest to force close it temporarily while the DJI Fly is being used and see if it makes any difference.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t receive notifications from this forum.

I can confirm there are no other applications running. As I mentioned there are a fair few of us using the Huawei Mediapad 5Lite8 and all with the same issue with V1.4.2 of the DJIFly APP.
2021-6-14
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

DJI need to sort this out with some of the newer phones ie. Samsung S21 and (my) Samsung A32 THEY DO NOT WORK on the update 1.4.2
2021-6-15
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

robpri Posted at 6-15 00:04
DJI need to sort this out with some of the newer phones ie. Samsung S21 and (my) Samsung A32 THEY DO NOT WORK on the update 1.4.2

Agreed.

There’s no denying that the hardware DJI produce is ground breaking. However their track record with the supporting software is abysmal. It’s this track record that has been the direct cause of some of their hardware reaching its end of life prematurely, as they have such a high staff turnaround which results in no one left to produce updates, so they just kill off the product. 3DRobotics actually owned up to their mistakes in this area when they discontinued the Solo. What they did was to release all the SDK along with comprehensive documentation out into the community. The result is that now the 3DR Solo, even though it’s a few years since it was manufactured, is a very advanced drone thanks to the opensource communities. One user recently showed how it will out perform DJI’s FPV drone in both speed and agility at a 1/5 the cost. Lack of batteries? Not a problem. Again because all the info on this drone was released to the public a simple modification permits the user to use any standard 4S 5000mAh LiPo with this drone. How many Mavic Pro's, Spark's, Phantom 2's / 3's, Inspire 1's are either paperweights or landfill because there's no more batteries?
It would be an incredible benefit to both the user and to DJI if when DJI decide that a product has reached its end of life they did the same as 3DR and release all the SDK and documentation to the public. That way we can enjoy our investments for more than the two years that DJI allow us to "lease" their products.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules