687 7 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have a question for the forum members regarding PROPS. I use the PROPS that require the locks

1. Is there a reason to change PROPS every so often if there is no damage to them

2. How long (# of Flight) should one use the PROPS before changing

3. Do they get weak after time

I have been using my PROPS for quite a few flights and they seem fine (70+ flights)

2015-7-20
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I would at least change the prop locks now and then as you stress them every time you put them on or take them off ...

Regarding props ... it's up to you to make that call ... If you think they are fine after inspection ... They probably are!
2015-7-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I cant figure out what props and prop locks you are talking about are you talking about the locks underneath the QR props , or are you talking about the prop locks that you clip over top of the screw on props?  
2015-7-21
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-22 01:22
I cant figure out what props and prop locks you are talking about are you talking about the locks un ...

Prop Locke are fitted over the blades before flight these together with the plastic blades are  prone to stress and can become brittle over time ,blades flex during flight the higher the wind conditions uv light and the faster the movement made and age can all cause failure might be better to move over to carbon fibre blades  
2015-7-21
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-22 01:22
I cant figure out what props and prop locks you are talking about are you talking about the locks un ...

The Inspire "Version A" came with props and then they added locks for them as they were coming off. They have since changed the style of the props to the ones now which are the same ones used with the E800 motors. Hope this helps
2015-7-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-7-22 09:48
The Inspire "Version A" came with props and then they added locks for them as they were coming off ...

My D version has of course the quick release props I have only flown it a couple of times, I just got it,  I ordered a set of screw on's and the prop locks, the props I received, I don't like, they are very heavy,  I ordered a set of carbon fiber blades.  I should receive them in a couple of days,  What do you all think is the best setup, QR's  or screw on carbon fiber with locks
2015-7-21
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Weight will make you copter more stable due to centrefugil forces but will make it movement more sluggish ,carbon fiber blades will be a bit like having racing car very nippy shoul also be more efficient due to the stuffed blades ,might even give a bitt longer flight time if at the same pitch
2015-7-22
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Should have said stiffer blades auto correction !!
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules