Pixel drift / pixel flow problem in Pocket2 low bitrate in 4K
610 2 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artur81
lvl.2
Hungary

Hello DJI TEAM!

There is serious Pixel drift / pixel flow due to the low bitrate in 4K modes, and it is very common because the starving of bitrate in Pocket2.

I uploaded a sample video file. Here you can download it. Click on the  button of download in the bottom right part of the webpage.

https://sendgb.com/0fJwZAHy5Lk

On the columns of the building, you can see the pixel drift / pixel flow due to the low bitrate.  I can upload a lot of such videos where this typical problem appears.

This pixel drift and artifacting in 4K, especially at higher FPS and static shots.

The increase of the bitrate is the only way to erase/reduce the so-called pixel drift phenomenon in changing light conditions.

There is no other solution for that problem.

Can you add an option to chose bitrate from 80mbit to 100 120 and 150mbit in 4K recording modes?  I know that the HW encoder of Pocket 2 knows these bitrates...

It is a very easily and quickly implementable task for your programmers....it is just bitrate.

Thank you for your reply!

2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Artur81. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo application updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-6-6
Use props
Artur81
lvl.2
Hungary

Hello Stephen!

What was the opinion of engineers about the bitrate selector idea?
Thank you for your reply!
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules