DJI FPV Controller 2 Left Stick Center Screw
5184 8 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crj_lll
lvl.1

United States

I have a DJI FPV Controller 2 and the left stick scre will no center the stick anymore.  Because of this the drol drifts backwards continuously until it crashes.  Any way I can reattach the center screw for the left stick.  TY
2021-6-6
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

What mode are you flying in?

In mode 2, the left stick is the throttle.

When the F2 screw is tightened, the axis' spring tension is reduced. If you loosen (or remove) the F2 screw, the return to center spring should work.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there crj_lll. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since the said DJI FPV had a crash before if you feel that the DJI drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and fly safe always.
2021-6-6
Use props
crj_lll
lvl.1

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 6-6 15:01
What mode are you flying in?

In mode 2, the left stick is the throttle.

Thank you for your reply but that does not exactly address my issue.  I know hat each screw does but one of them is not tightening anymore.  It just spoils and spins with no change to the stick it controls.
2021-6-9
Use props
crj_lll
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-6 19:17
Hello there crj_lll. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since the said DJI FPV had a crash before if you feel that the DJI drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and fly safe always.

Thank you for your reply but the crashing is only simulated so ithe drone is not in need of servicing.  My FPV drone has me ver crashed.  In simulation the seems to be an issue with the drone driving backwards that I cannot get it to stop.  After checking a few things, including the way the curlers moves before flying, it seems the stick is not able to be centered.  Recalibration has not helped and I still have the problem.

Is there a way to get inside the controller and reconnect the screw that is no longer tightening or loosening?

Thank you
2021-6-9
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

crj_lll Posted at 6-9 18:28
Thank you for your reply but the crashing is only simulated so ithe drone is not in need of servicing.  My FPV drone has me ver crashed.  In simulation the seems to be an issue with the drone driving backwards that I cannot get it to stop.  After checking a few things, including the way the curlers moves before flying, it seems the stick is not able to be centered.  Recalibration has not helped and I still have the problem.

Is there a way to get inside the controller and reconnect the screw that is no longer tightening or loosening?

"Is there a way to get inside the controller and reconnect the screw that is no longer tightening or loosening?"

There are four screws which hold the controller together. The screws are hidden under the rubber grips. I posted photos of the inside of the controller in this thread. The thread also has a link to my Hackday IO project with more photos.
2021-6-10
Use props
crj_lll
lvl.1

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 6-10 09:19
"Is there a way to get inside the controller and reconnect the screw that is no longer tightening or loosening?"

There are four screws which hold the controller together. The screws are hidden under the rubber grips. I posted photos of the inside of the controller in this thread. The thread also has a link to my Hackday IO project with more photos.

Thanks for the link.  I took your advice before getting it apart and stopped befor eI voided any warranty.  This still leaves me with a screw that is supposed to control if the stick recenters or not that does not work.  I think the scre is out of the “channel” that it needs to be in to control the resenting motion.  Is the only way to get this fixed is to send it all the way back to China?
2021-6-11
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

crj_lll Posted at 6-11 14:03
Thanks for the link.  I took your advice before getting it apart and stopped befor eI voided any warranty.  This still leaves me with a screw that is supposed to control if the stick recenters or not that does not work.  I think the scre is out of the “channel” that it needs to be in to control the resenting motion.  Is the only way to get this fixed is to send it all the way back to China?

"Is the only way to get this fixed is to send it all the way back to China?"
I think DJI has a bunch of places where they fix their products. I haven't ever had DJI fix anything so I'm not sure but I doubt you have to send it to China. You can contact DJI support and see what they want you to do.

Based on previous replies from DJI, I've guessing they will want a video where you describe and show the problem.
2021-6-12
Use props
crj_lll
lvl.1

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 6-12 13:20
"Is the only way to get this fixed is to send it all the way back to China?"
I think DJI has a bunch of places where they fix their products. I haven't ever had DJI fix anything so I'm not sure but I doubt you have to send it to China. You can contact DJI support and see what they want you to do.

Thank you for your help
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules