Motors power down after a few seconds?
2102 5 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fogcity
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I have a brand new Tello, which worked fine for two short flights. The third flight and all subsequent flights, the motors all spin up for about a second and then all motors shut down. Battery power is good, full charge. Wifi connection is strong, I'm like two feet from the drone. Camera signal is uninterrupted. Somewhere the logic in the system is just telling the motors to shut down.

Based on other posts, I have tried confirming that the rotors are correctly oriented, despite the fact that it worked fine out of the box for two flights. Two rotors had to be replaced to match photo found in this forum. No change, same problem: motors spin up and then suddenly shut off. Note that the manual online seems to show no diagram of this required orientation... but... whatever.

I have also tried the Calibrate button in the app but it is disabled for some reason (?).

When I try to update the firmware (again, despite the fact that it worked for a few flights) the app says that the battery is below 50% and so it will not update the firmware. Note that the battery is currently 88%.

What next?
2021-6-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear customer,

This problem might be solved via Android mobile device, please contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com to get the solution, sorry for the inconvenience brought to you!

Hope  my reply could help you!
2021-6-8
Use props
fogcity
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 6-8 00:40
Dear customer,

This problem might be solved via Android mobile device, please contact us via  to get the solution, sorry for the inconvenience brought to you!

Thank you for the reply. I don’t have android. I have only iPhones.
2021-6-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fogcity Posted at 6-8 03:46
Thank you for the reply. I don’t have android. I have only iPhones.

Dear customer,
Good day.

It is suggested to borrow an Android mobile device from your friends or someone else, then contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com to get the solution. We apologize again for the inconvinence brought to you!

Hope your problem will be solved soon.
2021-6-9
Use props
fogcity
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 6-9 23:52
Dear customer,
Good day.

Unfortunately I know no one with an android mobile device. Everyone in my family and circle of friends uses Apple devices.

Nothing on the Tello packaging or advertisements mentions that Android is required. In fact you have an iOS app for it.

Can you please provide an RMI number and shipping label so I can ship the unit to you, so you can use your Android device to make it work again?
2021-6-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fogcity Posted at 6-10 04:01
Unfortunately I know no one with an android mobile device. Everyone in my family and circle of friends uses Apple devices.

Nothing on the Tello packaging or advertisements mentions that Android is required. In fact you have an iOS app for it.

Dear customer,

Please contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com, there will be service staff assist with you.

Thanks for your support!
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules