movie file recovery help
708 4 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martomatic
lvl.1

United States

Hi there,

I recently did something rather stupid with my SD card. I used it in the pocket 2 then in the mini2 drone without formatting between usage. I acutally was able to use it on both devices just fine, until the third swap. Then something happened making the card unreadable even in Windows. I was forced to format and lose all the data. I then ran file recovery software on the newly formatted card that brought back the drone files as .mov files which play just fine. However the files shot on the pocket2 do not play. It looks like the data is there, just something is up with the formatting. Has anyone seen this or know of a way to convert them into playable files?

Any help is much appreaciated!

Thanks!

2021-6-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

What file size do they show as, if it’s zero bytes then I think your out of luck, there are multiple paid programs that claim to repair files but I’ve never used them, 8 have used freeware in that past with some success and I will check later to see if I still have a copy on my laptop. First thing to try though is to see if VLC will repair it,method 2 here https://www.easeus.com/data-reco ... d-mp4-mov-file.html
2021-6-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Try this  i dont have a pocket 2 to test but it should still work https://www.videohelp.com/software/recover-mp4-to-h264
2021-6-8
Use props
Martomatic
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be giving them a try soon!
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Martomatic. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the problems you have encountered. Unfortunately, we don't have recommendations regarding this kind of issue but we hope that other forum members might be able to provide you suggestions that might help.
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules