DJI Assistant 2 and Calibration Process - Mac
4593 13 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

My Smart Controller tells me that I need to recalibrate my vision sensors. So I plug my M2P into my iMac running under Mojave 10.14.6, launch the DJI Assistant 2 software. The software recognizes my drone. I click 'Calibration' the software begins the process and gets almost all the way through but hangs every time when trying to calibrate the side vision sensor. It gets all the way to the upper left hand corner and will not go any further.

Anyone else have a similar issue and were you able to work around it?

2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MRomine. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you haven't tried, we suggest that you refresh first your Mavic 2 Pro's firmware before doing the Vision Calibration then check if it would resolve the calibration issue. You may also uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. should the problem persists. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2
2021-6-11
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-11 23:22
Hi, MRomine. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you haven't tried, we suggest that you refresh first your Mavic 2 Pro's firmware before doing the Vision Calibration then check if it would resolve the calibration issue. You may also uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. should the problem persists. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2

Thank you for your help. I have done both of those things and I still have the same issue.
2021-6-15
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-11 23:22

I just downloaded and installed the DJI Assistant 2 onto a 2nd computer. A 15" MacBook Pro. Connected my Mavic 2 Pro and attempted to run the calibration. It hung up in the exact same spot as it does on my iMac. It hangs on the first pass of the side vision sensor calibration.

My Mac Book Pro in running under OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. The iMav is running Mojave 10.14.6
2021-6-15
Use props
dronedave17
New

United States

same issue. using mac

iphone app won't connect

says to calibrate vison

Dji assistant two just simply won't start calibration process

I have updated firmware. very dissapointed. big trip tomorrow!
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_9pLQNcdK60Vi
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI really have no interest in solving this issue, all you will get is change the cable, try another port, uninstall and reinstall, DJI catch awake up it does not solve the problem fix this problem, I am on the f ence about shifting brands here
2022-7-15
Use props
fans7f8ff916
lvl.1

United States

Hello all, I had the same issue related to calibration of vision sensors for Mavic 2 Pro. I reached out to DJI support and they provided the link and set by step instructions on how to install the software and calibrate. I am using MacBook Air with latest OS and I had no problems in recalibrating my drone. I am sharing instructions here and hopefully folks here will find it helpful to resolve their issue related to calibration. DJI support was pretty good in providing me with this solution.

Download Link for DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2

DJI Assistant 2 cannot be directly downloaded from App Store due to limitations of the Mac system. You can indirectly install the software following the steps below:

1. Go to the download page of the corresponding product website to download the Mac version of the DJI Assistant 2 installation package (DMG format)

2. After downloading, double-click the software installation package, and a warning(can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer) to restrict from installing the software will be shown.

3. Go to “System Preferences” and “Security & Privacy”. Click “Open Anyway” and “Continue” to start installation.

4. After DJI Assistant 2 is installed, the program will automatically pop up a window asking to install the HoRNDIS driver, as shown below. Please enter your computer password in the window that pops up, and then press the Enter key. When “Process Completed” is shown, restart your Mac.

Note: The driver must be installed. Otherwise, firmware updates or flight controller data exports will be affected.
5. To confirm that the HoRNDIS driver is installed correctly, please restart your Mac and go to “Settings”, “Security & Privacy” and “General”. If the prompt “System software from developer ‘Joshua Wise’ was blocked from loading” shown in the screenshot below is not displayed, or if you have allowed this operation before, you can continue to use DJI Assistant 2. If the prompt is shown in the screenshot below, please click “Allow” for “System software from developer ‘Joshua Wise’ was blocked from loading”.  

Note: Joshua Wise is the original developer of HoRNDIS, which is an open-source USB tethering driver for Mac OS X.

2022-7-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

fans7f8ff916 Posted at 7-20 16:40
Hello all, I had the same issue related to calibration of vision sensors for Mavic 2 Pro. I reached out to DJI support and they provided the link and set by step instructions on how to install the software and calibrate. I am using MacBook Air with latest OS and I had no problems in recalibrating my drone. I am sharing instructions here and hopefully folks here will find it helpful to resolve their issue related to calibration. DJI support was pretty good in providing me with this solution.

Thank you for sharing this info.

I updated my DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic series. The installation went fine but the software still hangs when I get to the step of calibrating the right vision sensor.  

I wish that DJI would fix this bug. This has been going on for years now.
2022-7-25
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693035 ft
United States

fans7f8ff916 Posted at 7-20 16:40
Hello all, I had the same issue related to calibration of vision sensors for Mavic 2 Pro. I reached out to DJI support and they provided the link and set by step instructions on how to install the software and calibrate. I am using MacBook Air with latest OS and I had no problems in recalibrating my drone. I am sharing instructions here and hopefully folks here will find it helpful to resolve their issue related to calibration. DJI support was pretty good in providing me with this solution.

Good morning! Can you clarify your OS version and  Mac Air version? I just got the vision calibrate message and needed to create a boot disk with 10.14 on it for an old Mac mini I had laying around, My Air is an M1 version, and my Mac Pro both had 10,12 Monterrey on them and were not compatible. Talked to support and they confirmed it.

If we are going to continue to use the Mavic 2 series, DJI should update the software. Not the best to have to keep an old computer system around just to do this once a year.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_DEPvMEoO8y0m
New

United States

I am having the same problem on a new Macbook Pro running OS 12.5. I am traveling and have my son with me who has a PC and I'll try using that later.

I was able to update firmware, etc. but calibration only shows tutorials and goes no further.

I'm in Maine, not going to fly over water with a message saying downward sensors kaput!
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_yocxx9cAaOpZ
New

United States

djiuser_9pLQNcdK60Vi Posted at 7-15 05:51
DJI really have no interest in solving this issue, all you will get is change the cable, try another port, uninstall and reinstall, DJI catch awake up it does not solve the problem fix this problem, I am on the f ence about shifting brands here

"DJI really have no interest in solving this issue.."

I'm afraid that this is the issue. I'm trying this on Monterey and it's impossible with M1 Macs. I don't want to hijack this thread, but DJI really needs to get someone that can properly develop Mac software for them because their Mac support sucks.
2022-8-10
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_yocxx9cAaOpZ Posted at 8-10 12:12
"DJI really have no interest in solving this issue.."

I'm afraid that this is the issue. I'm trying this on Monterey and it's impossible with M1 Macs. I don't want to hijack this thread, but DJI really needs to get someone that can properly develop Mac software for them because their Mac support sucks.

Thank you for your reply and you are not 'highjacking'. Good to know intel regarding the M1 chips and the DJI Assistant. Thanks!
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_FnITY9qgwE3b
New

United States

MRomine Posted at 9-17 10:08
Thank you for your reply and you are not 'highjacking'. Good to know intel regarding the M1 chips and the DJI Assistant. Thanks!

Did u ever get this issue fixed? If so, how?  Having same issue!
2022-10-29
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_FnITY9qgwE3b Posted at 10-29 15:32
Did u ever get this issue fixed? If so, how?  Having same issue!

It fixed it's self when I finally updated to OS Big Sur 11.7.
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules