Mini 2 controller battery warning level
6974 9 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

There is an onscreen monitoring of the drone’s battery level in the DJI Fly app while flying. Is there also a warning, audible and or visual, somewhere when then controller’s battery is critically low?

Does anyone know how many hours of flying time one should get from the controller starting from a full charge?  Note, I make sure that the option to charge my phone is disabled.  I have a dedicated iPhone without a SIM card as my monitor

2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini 2 remote controller doesn't have a battery indicator or battery warning level on the DJI Mimo app, only for the drone's battery. However, I will take this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated team for their attention. Also, we don't have the exact value of the battery life for the DJI Mavic Mini 2 RC but base on our tests, the maximum runtime of the said RC is approximately 5-6 hours. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Mini2 with Mimo app?!
You mean Fly app.
2021-6-7
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Yes the 4 green lights on the front , when full you should see 4 green lights when one light is on, battery should be about 25%. I personally wouldnt fly with only one green light
2021-6-7
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks robpri , I am totally aware of the 4 green lights on the controller.  Those are the same 4 green lights that are on the charging hub to charge the drone's batteries.  If flying and the controller power light goes from two lights to one, how much time is left for the controller to function.  

So far when I am flying and my 20% beeper goes off warning me that the drone's battery is running low I have had a ton of time to get back to the landing site safely. It would be nice to have the same information when the controller's has only one power light on.  

I am very surprised that DJI does not have the answer for the time left before the controller powers down with only one green light showing.
2021-6-8
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

I hear you Ontario Drone, I am sure they could build this into firmware
2021-6-8
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

Ontario Drone Posted at 6-8 02:19
Thanks robpri , I am totally aware of the 4 green lights on the controller.  Those are the same 4 green lights that are on the charging hub to charge the drone's batteries.  If flying and the controller power light goes from two lights to one, how much time is left for the controller to function.  

So far when I am flying and my 20% beeper goes off warning me that the drone's battery is running low I have had a ton of time to get back to the landing site safely. It would be nice to have the same information when the controller's has only one power light on.  

In my experience, using the 20% level caused my mini2 to go down in a nearby cow field (I did get with the farmer to let me and 40 cows retrieve it). The cause was due to gusty head winds and it was being blown backward even at full throttle. I now never let the battery level get below 30% before returning home. I’ve seen other threads with similar recommendations.
2021-6-8
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

So far I pick and choose my flying days. Being retired I have all the time in the world.  I don't go out if it is windy or there are strong gusts jut for the reason you mentioned.  I fly just for fun so I have no commitments forcing me to go up on any specific day.  Filming anything is secondary for me.
2021-6-8
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Ontario Drone Posted at 6-8 02:19
Thanks robpri , I am totally aware of the 4 green lights on the controller.  Those are the same 4 green lights that are on the charging hub to charge the drone's batteries.  If flying and the controller power light goes from two lights to one, how much time is left for the controller to function.  

So far when I am flying and my 20% beeper goes off warning me that the drone's battery is running low I have had a ton of time to get back to the landing site safely. It would be nice to have the same information when the controller's has only one power light on.  

I once flew "to the end" (with the Mini 1). First the last LED lights up, then it flashes. From this point on, I would estimate there will be just under 10 minutes before the RC switches off. Then, of course, the app indicates the connection is lost and RTH is initiated. I think it's similar with the Mini2 in terms of time. If the smartphone is not charged by the RC (iOS or rooted Android), the remaining time is of course longer. But you can try that out ... fly until the RC switches off. Because of the bad Homepoint function (not dynamic) of the Flyapp, the HP has to be set where you are at the moment.
2021-6-8
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you for that information jonny007.  I am hoping that the same applies to the controller that came with the Mini 2.  

Too bad there is no official word from DJI for this controller.

2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules