Mavic 2 Pro Cooked itself, worth it to repair?
1211 8 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

My almost 3 year old M2P may have finally met its match. After flying it I put it back in the case and drove home. When I got home and took it out the battery had puffed up and was super warm. No real visible damage but the sensors on the bottom appear slightly melted. Drone powers on ok but won't connect to the controller. It won't connect to the PC to refresh firmware. My guess are some of the electronics are cooked.
Is it worth repairing or just waiting for a Mavic 3 Pro (and buying a Mini in the meantime)?
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dancopter. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since the sais DJI drone has these damages, I  I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you in fixing the said DJI Drone. The said DJI drone is still worth repairing and the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is still one of the best DJI drone because of its Hasselblad Camera. Thank you.
2021-6-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Might be worth it to get a quote to repair it. The launch of the M3P is imminent but no confirmed date as yet.
2021-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I'd get a Mini 2 and wait for the M3P.     BTW the Mini 2 is really very capable.
2021-6-7
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 22:45
Hello there dancopter. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since the sais DJI drone has these damages, I  I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you in fixing the said DJI Drone. The said DJI drone is still worth repairing and the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is still one of the best DJI drone because of its Hasselblad Camera. Thank you.

Thank you, DJI Stephen. I have just dropped it off at the local DJI authorized repair center so will wait to see if it can be fixed.
2021-6-8
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Suren Posted at 6-7 23:19
Might be worth it to get a quote to repair it. The launch of the M3P is imminent but no confirmed date as yet.

Yes, I would love to upgrade to a Mavic 3. I am skeptical it will be out anytime soon though. If it costs more than the price of a Mini 2 to fix I may just get the Mini 2.
2021-6-8
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 23:29
I think I'd get a Mini 2 and wait for the M3P.     BTW the Mini 2 is really very capable.

Yes, looks like a very capable drone. Cheap enough to fill the gap before the M3P too.
2021-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dancopter Posted at 6-8 03:49
Yes, looks like a very capable drone. Cheap enough to fill the gap before the M3P too.

Im in the UK and the new rules allow for a legacy <250gram to fly almost anywhere whereas my M2P is now renegaded to being 150 meters from people or structures,   I got the mini 2 to fill that gap and its been great.
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

dancopter Posted at 6-8 03:46
Thank you, DJI Stephen. I have just dropped it off at the local DJI authorized repair center so will wait to see if it can be fixed.

Hi there dancopter. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules