Gimble overload
576 5 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IsaacLK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced a gimble overload issue with their drone? Ive only flown it a few times, but when moving the gimble to lower angles or when leaving it at lower angles, sometimes the gimble spasms out and rapidly goes up and down before resetting itself. on the controller this shows as gimble overload. I thought it may just be wind moving the gimble, but have flown it inside too where there is definitely no wind and the same issue has occurred. The controller also sometimes reports gimble being stuck although my gimble is not stuck at all. can anyone help?
2021-6-8
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Gimbal has a very small clearance between itself and the body. It is mounted on rubber shock absorber that can sometimes deform. You can check if the gimbal is able to move by turning on the drone and moving it with your hand (the drone, not the gimbal). Gimbal should try to compensate drone movements and if it touches the body during this procedure and gets stuck you should check the rubber absorber.
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there IsaacLK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened before this issue occurred? In addition, please confirm if it only appears when your DJI Mini 2 is in Sport mode? Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
IsaacLK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 6-8 10:50
Gimbal has a very small clearance between itself and the body. It is mounted on rubber shock absorber that can sometimes deform. You can check if the gimbal is able to move by turning on the drone and moving it with your hand (the drone, not the gimbal). Gimbal should try to compensate drone movements and if it touches the body during this procedure and gets stuck you should check the rubber absorber.

Thanks for your help. I tried this this morning and discovered the gimble moves around freely and compensatory, however i noticed the camera randomly just decided to rotate up and down a few times, a couple times during me testing the gimble. When it did i could hear a gritty noise which i couldnt hear before because the motors had been on.
2021-6-9
Use props
IsaacLK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 19:08
Hello there IsaacLK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened before this issue occurred? In addition, please confirm if it only appears when your DJI Mini 2 is in Sport mode? Thank you.

This occurred from my very first flight by i thought it was just wind at first. It happens in all 3 modes too. Is there any way i could maybe factory reset the drone?
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IsaacLK Posted at 6-9 05:23
Thanks for your help. I tried this this morning and discovered the gimble moves around freely and compensatory, however i noticed the camera randomly just decided to rotate up and down a few times, a couple times during me testing the gimble. When it did i could hear a gritty noise which i couldnt hear before because the motors had been on.

Hi there IsaacLK. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have give. Kindly please try to calibrate the said DJI Drone to see if still the issue will persist. If the issue still persist it would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support and send the drone in for further assessment. Thank you.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules