DJI FPV Purchasing Request
420 14 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QnZ8rXgadDqZ
lvl.2
United States

I already asked support but here's an thread so people can tell me I'm wrong or right.

I want to buy the standard DJI FPV Combo but I want the Motion Controller instead of the Regular Controller.

If given option, I would rather get the Fly More Combo (with the same caveat, I want the Motion Controller, not the Regular Controller)
2021-6-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Without the standard controller you cannot operate the drone in m-mode ...
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_QnZ8rXgadDqZ
lvl.2
United States

frankymusik Posted at 6-8 08:15
Without the standard controller you cannot operate the drone in m-mode ...

Yeah, and I'm cool with that, it's less likely for me to destroy it.
2021-6-8
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Do you want advice do not buy it !!

After less than two months and a few uses I had to send the Goggles in for assistance and they sent me another one that had a burnt pixel and blocked firmware ....

Now I still have to wait weeks to fly ...

Absurd
2021-6-8
Use props
lazherrera
lvl.2
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-8 10:22

After less than two months and a few uses I had to send the Goggles in for assistance and they sent me another one that had a burnt pixel and blocked firmware ....

Yikes, that's not a good thing... well, Air 2S it is.
2021-6-8
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Motion Controller is a really nice option, but it is also limited in functionality (no reverse, no side to side) so there are times I just have to use the regular controller.
2021-6-8
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-8 10:22

After less than two months and a few uses I had to send the Goggles in for assistance and they sent me another one that had a burnt pixel and blocked firmware ....

I see DJI FPV is love and hate thing. Both sides has some understentable right to feel that.
I'm currently still in love stage and only because I'm flying M-mode and regular controller. Withouth that this drone has no sense IMHO. My advice - leave idea to buy only (if at all) motion controller!

For me, choosing between Air 2S and FPV is like choosing between good car and sport motorbike....
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry that we do not support selling the FPV combo without the standard controller at the moment. We had noted your feedback and let the corresponding team notice it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2021-6-8
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

stah Posted at 6-8 10:41
I see DJI FPV is love and hate thing. Both sides has some understentable right to feel that.
I'm currently still in love stage and only because I'm flying M-mode and regular controller. Withouth that this drone has no sense IMHO. My advice - leave idea to buy only (if at all) motion controller!

Hello !!

I've been flying with build kiss FPV for over 5 years .... and I've never had a stabilized one, much less a DJI drone.

I got the DJI FPV Combo especially for the goggles to use with my builds and air units ... if I could use it !!

I love this drone but as my first experience with DJI products a total disappointment like the worst Chinese brands of toy drones !!

Paying so much and only having problems after just two months on a new product is out of the question for me !!
2021-6-8
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

buy it and sell the controller.
2021-6-8
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

Jonatan.N Posted at 6-8 23:29
buy it and sell the controller.

I wonder who would like to buy controller suitable for this drone only without any (!) info from DJI that they plan to enable support for eg. Air Unit...
2021-6-8
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

stah Posted at 6-8 23:44
I wonder who would like to buy controller suitable for this drone only without any (!) info from DJI that they plan to enable support for eg. Air Unit...

someone who lost one maybe
2021-6-9
Use props
anethema
lvl.2

Canada

Man, it would be so damn cool if they made the controller support the air unit. Would be sweet to buy a 5" for messing around close up to stuff and just use the same goggles AND controller.
2021-6-9
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

anethema Posted at 6-9 20:24
Man, it would be so damn cool if they made the controller support the air unit. Would be sweet to buy a 5" for messing around close up to stuff and just use the same goggles AND controller.

Honestly, I'm holding off on buying AirUnit until this is cleared up. I'm going to build a 5" racer, but there's no point in having to buy another DJI controller or a different TX / RX when I have this one ...
2021-6-10
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Ya know, I've been thinking, at first, there was talk that DJI was going to drop the Air Unit/Vista line. Then came the Caddx deal. I'm wondering if DJI is/has dropped the old line, and has a new line, using the Ocusync 3 protocol. Maybe Caddx bought all the left over "old" units, and is selling them off, while the demand is high. Just thinkin, dat's all.........
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules