Installing Freewell filters onto Mini 2
2722 16 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shirkaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146476 ft
Finland

I got freewell ND 1000 and 2000 filters for my Mini 2. I follow the instructions how to install them and I couldn't install ND 2000 filter at all. It would just slide upwards from the bottom. ND 1000 was fine for a few flights but today i noticed a white line on the bottom of my pictuers . The filter was not alligned well, and now it doesn't stay on the camera anymore. Did anyone have similar issues with those filters? Did I get a faulty set or is the whole concept a bit bad? Any solutions to it?

Cheers,
Mihael
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mihael. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 2  and uses the said ND Filters ( Freewell ND 1000 and 2000 filters ) on the said DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like ND filters on your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party ND Filters will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Its probably user error
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its probably user error
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you sure you place the hooks of the ND Filter in the proper place? It might be you put them a bit too deep
2021-7-3
Use props
Shirkaster
lvl.1
Finland

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 09:58
Are you sure you place the hooks of the ND Filter in the proper place? It might be you put them a bit too deep

Yeah, I bough Skyreat set and they fit well and stay on the drone, been using them on many flights. it seems that Freewell are just not as good.
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Shirkaster Posted at 7-3 10:02
Yeah, I bough Skyreat set and they fit well and stay on the drone, been using them on many flights. it seems that Freewell are just not as good.

Freewell is a better company than Skyreat in general but everyone has their preferences
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was thinking of buying Skyreat filters since Freewell isn't available in my country on Amazon and I have to pay customs
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've heard a lot of reviews of Skyreat filters falling off mid flight. Has this ever been the case with you?
2021-7-3
Use props
Shirkaster
lvl.1
Finland

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 10:04
I've heard a lot of reviews of Skyreat filters falling off mid flight. Has this ever been the case with you?

I had two long flight over the sea, 5 kilometres each , with Skyreat filters and many shorter over the land and haven't had any issues with them. Sometimes I leave filters on the camera while the drone is in the bag and it stays put. 0 issues.
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Shirkaster Posted at 7-3 10:10
I had two long flight over the sea, 5 kilometres each , with Skyreat filters and many shorter over the land and haven't had any issues with them. Sometimes I leave filters on the camera while the drone is in the bag and it stays put. 0 issues.

Even with the gimbal turning to face down?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Also is it possible for you to send me some sample images from Skyreat filters?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I would love to see how they perform
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks btw
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It is probably a manufacturing fault
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_PNAEdNqXY6l7
New
Flight distance : 7700 ft
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 19:43
Hello there Mihael. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 2  and uses the said ND Filters ( Freewell ND 1000 and 2000 filters ) on the said DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like ND filters on your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party ND Filters will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Hello,  I bought this two freewell nd 1000 and 2000 as well and I have the same problem. It will not fully stick on the camera and there for have a light line on the bottoms use of the picture.
The skyreat filters are fitting as they should be.
I wonder if all the freewell filters have this problem?
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_PNAEdNqXY6l7 Posted at 9-10 05:36
Hello,  I bought this two freewell nd 1000 and 2000 as well and I have the same problem. It will not fully stick on the camera and there for have a light line on the bottoms use of the picture.
The skyreat filters are fitting as they should be.
I wonder if all the freewell filters have this problem?

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post some sample photos showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules