12831 26 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sicapp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152054 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible to digital zoom whilst taking still photos on the Air 2S
It has a huge zoom for video, ut I can't seem to get anything whilst taking photos.
Thanks
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sicapp, sorry that the zooming feature is not supported in picture mode, it is available in video mode. Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I did initially think the same thing but somebody here pointed out that being the images are hi resolution, if you want to zoom in you can do the cropping in post editing.
2021-6-8
Use props
Sicapp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152054 ft
United Kingdom

Hmmm. I can see the point if you are going to make masterpieces out of your photos, but I just need quick photos with minimal fuss that can just be pasted into a report. Time is money as they say!!
I’m surprised as the Mini 2 has 2x zoom for photos, so I just assumed that the superior lens on the A2s would as well.
I guess assumption is the mother of all ****ups!
2021-6-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 6-8 19:31
Hi Sicapp, sorry that the zooming feature is not supported in picture mode, it is available in video mode. Thank you.

DJI Susan you can forward this to the department that adds features

And You can also forward the ability to take photo when you are in video mode
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Niknik Posted at 6-9 04:30
DJI Susan you can forward this to the department that adds features

And You can also forward the ability to take photo when you are in video mode

The suggestions will be noted and forwarded to our engineers.
Users can also zoom the picture and crop the image. For PIV (picture in video), a screenshot of the video can achieve this feature.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_DiUPx3wka5pV
New
Flight distance : 2415 ft

United States

This is a serious oversight for a drone of this cost. No I don't want to crop my photos. Update the software!
2021-10-2
Use props
djiuser_G4yLpPFIGGco
lvl.1

United States

Agree! I was more than a little disappointed with my decision to buy an Air 2S after realizing this flaw. I hope they made the software update to fix this oversight.

I like everything else about this drone - but if returning it was an option (unfortunately, the place I bought it has a 15% restocking fee), I'd do so.
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_IZ296RwGqDis
New

United States

Sicapp Posted at 6-9 01:33
Hmmm. I can see the point if you are going to make masterpieces out of your photos, but I just need quick photos with minimal fuss that can just be pasted into a report. Time is money as they say!!
I’m surprised as the Mini 2 has 2x zoom for photos, so I just assumed that the superior lens on the A2s would as well.
I guess assumption is the mother of all ****ups!

My God I wish I had know this before I purchased this drone. Coming from the Mini 2, this is a huge disappointment. What’s the point of a 4.2x zoom in videos if you can’t zoom photos as well??
2021-10-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damn, is it still not capable of zoom for still images? and I believe it's 8x crop when in 1080?

Can you take a still image whilst using video? i am sure i could do that with the P4P
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_4uom4X3sgEyd
New

United States

I was very surprised to find there's no photo zoom feature. My Mini 2 does it, so I assumed the Air 2S would. As a home inspector, I need this zoom feature, so hopefully it'll come soon.
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_zwL1fooYLYA4
New

United States

Adding my weight to this thread. Second day with the drone today and I kinda can’t believe there’s no zoom for photos. Like somebody above said, time is money and I don’t want them cropped I want them zoomed. Please.
2022-3-2
Use props
Mutzter
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-6-10 01:20
The suggestions will be noted and forwarded to our engineers.
Users can also zoom the picture and crop the image. For PIV (picture in video), a screenshot of the video can achieve this feature.

Hi DJI Susan,

Has there been any discussion with engineering regarding adding the zoom feature to photos?  I had the Mini 2, but the wind here was too bad for that drone to fly stable. I got the Air 2S because of the ability to fly in the higher winds. Like others on this thread, I was shocked and disappointed that  the zoom feature for photos wasn't supported. This should only be a software update and will make those of us that purchased the Air 2S happier with our purchase. I realize DJI was busy getting the Mavic 3 up and running. Now that the dust has settled, will ask your engineers to reconsider adding the zoom to the Air 2S?

Thank you!
2022-3-2
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

It seems so easy to implement, one probably had to go out of the way not to.  We need this!
2022-3-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mutzter Posted at 3-2 18:14
Hi DJI Susan,

Has there been any discussion with engineering regarding adding the zoom feature to photos?  I had the Mini 2, but the wind here was too bad for that drone to fly stable. I got the Air 2S because of the ability to fly in the higher winds. Like others on this thread, I was shocked and disappointed that  the zoom feature for photos wasn't supported. This should only be a software update and will make those of us that purchased the Air 2S happier with our purchase. I realize DJI was busy getting the Mavic 3 up and running. Now that the dust has settled, will ask your engineers to reconsider adding the zoom to the Air 2S?

Hi there, we are sorry that there is no plan for adding the zooming on Photo mode for Air 2S currently.
2022-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zwL1fooYLYA4 Posted at 3-2 09:19
Adding my weight to this thread. Second day with the drone today and I kinda can’t believe there’s no zoom for photos. Like somebody above said, time is money and I don’t want them cropped I want them zoomed. Please.

I don’t want them cropped I want them zoomed.
The Air 2S has a fixed focal length lens so the only zoom possible would be digital zoom.
Digital zoom is just cropping.
If you want digital zoom, simply crop the images yourself.
2022-3-7
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-6-8 19:31

I too was disappointed (major) when i tried the zoom and it did not work) i thought it was a bug and now I know it is not there. Please add the function in picture mode soonest. I moved from Mini 2 to Air 2 S , and I badly expecting it.
2022-5-1
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Any new update for this so far?
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-1 09:38
I too was disappointed (major) when i tried the zoom and it did not work) i thought it was a bug and now I know it is not there. Please add the function in picture mode soonest. I moved from Mini 2 to Air 2 S , and I badly expecting it.

Hi there, we are sorry that the zoom feature is not available in Photo mode, there is no plan to add the feature at the moment. It is only available in Video mode, hope for your understanding.
2022-5-5
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 5-5 05:23
Hi there, we are sorry that the zoom feature is not available in Photo mode, there is no plan to add the feature at the moment. It is only available in Video mode, hope for your understanding.

that is what disappointed me and I have 2 other issues with air 2 s feels Mini 2 is more stable  
2022-5-5
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-5 08:54
that is what disappointed me and I have 2 other issues with air 2 s  feels Mini 2 is more stable

Guess I will have  to make it known to others
2022-5-9
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

djiuser_IZ296RwGqDis Posted at 2021-10-7 09:39
My God I wish I had know this before I purchased this drone. Coming from the Mini 2, this is a huge disappointment. What’s the point of a 4.2x zoom in videos if you can’t zoom photos as well??

me too...its a great regret to buy A2s ...i might have to tell this to the future buyer
2022-5-10
Use props
bworden
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-5-5 05:23
Hi there, we are sorry that the zoom feature is not available in Photo mode, there is no plan to add the feature at the moment. It is only available in Video mode, hope for your understanding.

Hope for understanding?  What a ridiculous thing to say.  That you have zoom for video and not for photo is an incredible mistake on DJI's part.  It's just stupid.  Show me any other digital camera or phone camera that has zoom on video but not on photos.  YOU CAN'T!  Come on, and to pour gas on the fire you say that there are no plans to add it?  So you have a ridiculously stupid and glaring mistake here, and you are making a conscious decision to ignore it and not fix it?  Nice - real nice!  Very stupid decision on your part!  Sure glad I bought this thing.  I would have never thought that zoom was there for video but not photo.  You need to have another meeting to talk about this and change your minds!  I realize I'm chiming in late here, but I just bought mine a month ago and this is still a problem.  HUGE PROBLEM!
2023-4-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

bworden Posted at 4-12 12:28
Hope for understanding?  What a ridiculous thing to say.  That you have zoom for video and not for photo is an incredible mistake on DJI's part.  It's just stupid.  Show me any other digital camera or phone camera that has zoom on video but not on photos.  YOU CAN'T!  Come on, and to pour gas on the fire you say that there are no plans to add it?  So you have a ridiculously stupid and glaring mistake here, and you are making a conscious decision to ignore it and not fix it?  Nice - real nice!  Very stupid decision on your part!  Sure glad I bought this thing.  I would have never thought that zoom was there for video but not photo.  You need to have another meeting to talk about this and change your minds!  I realize I'm chiming in late here, but I just bought mine a month ago and this is still a problem.  HUGE PROBLEM!

Simple solution. Sell it and find a drone that does do zoom. Also, fyi, cropping in post is MUCH better than using digital zoom!!
2023-4-12
Use props
djiuser_6dMRxJc93HeR
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-12 12:31
Simple solution. Sell it and find a drone that does do zoom. Also, fyi, cropping in post is MUCH better than using digital zoom!!

Cropping in post is great, but there is an added benefit to having digital zoom whilst shooting stills;  you can see the portion of the photo that you will be keeping in a large form, making it easier to find the right camera settings.  If it didn’t shoot in RAW this would be an even bigger issue.
2023-4-23
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Es una función que debería tener el Air 2s, con el mini 3 si es posible. Y aunque sea un dron más reciente, el Air 2s todavía está en la ruta de vendas
2023-4-26
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

bworden Posted at 4-12 12:28
Hope for understanding?  What a ridiculous thing to say.  That you have zoom for video and not for photo is an incredible mistake on DJI's part.  It's just stupid.  Show me any other digital camera or phone camera that has zoom on video but not on photos.  YOU CAN'T!  Come on, and to pour gas on the fire you say that there are no plans to add it?  So you have a ridiculously stupid and glaring mistake here, and you are making a conscious decision to ignore it and not fix it?  Nice - real nice!  Very stupid decision on your part!  Sure glad I bought this thing.  I would have never thought that zoom was there for video but not photo.  You need to have another meeting to talk about this and change your minds!  I realize I'm chiming in late here, but I just bought mine a month ago and this is still a problem.  HUGE PROBLEM!

Totalmente diacuero
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules