Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rotor Riot Repair Service - STAY AWAY
1295 5 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience with Rotor Riot’s (RR) drone repair service has been the worst so I though I would warn others in need of drone repair.

My history with RR:

Exchanged emails with RR to discuss repair to be performed and cost. Prepaid for the repair and the return shipping. Included instructions, replacement parts in the box with the drone and shipped it off to RR (delivered to them May 17th).  All was well until….

May 26th: I requested a status update - no response RR
June 2nd: I again requested a status update - no response from RR
June 3rd: Received an automated email from RR Store saying my order had shipped.  I'm excited to get my drone back!!
June 4th: Email from RR support “…we have received your drone and it is in the queue to be repaired currently. We haven't finished the repair work yet, but will let you know once the work is complete.”  Really??
June 5th: USPS delivers my drone to me.

Open the box and my drone is inside but it is NOT repaired. Exact same state as I had sent it to RR. No paperwork or other inside, no sign of the instructions, nor replacement parts I had provided them. No paperwork, nothing, just my broken drone.

June 5th: Email sent to RR support asking WTF (only a little politer) - no response from RR
June 8th:

• Send follow-up email to RR - no response from RR
  • Received a call from Joe G. who, upon sorting out some confusion, turns out to be another RR repair customer who had also received his drone back from them also NOT repaired, but had my instructions and replacement parts in his box. Thankfully Joe is good enough to mail my instructions and parts back to me. Although he is still missing the replacement motors that he sent with his drone to RR.  
  • Started PayPal dispute process. RR issued a full refund.

So all in all a hassle and a waste of time dealing with RR. RR does not answer the phone and are slow to, or don't, answer support emails and didn’t perform the service for which they are paid. Until RR gets their operations and customer service in order I recommend others stay away. They're too busy making videos for YouTube.

Comment below if you have had a similar negative or positive experience with RR support/repairs or recommendations on where I can really get my drone fixed. Thx.

2021-6-8
Use props
GraysonMafia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447165 ft
United States

I have been very pleased with Thunderdrones here in Atlanta.

https://www.thunderdrones.org

Good luck with your repair!
2021-6-8
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the recommendation. Doesn't look like they repair non DJI FPV drones though, which is what I need.  My Geprc Cinelog HD's flight controller needs to swapped out.
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_HarVDD5opB90
New

United States

I had the “opposite “ experience a year ago, I’d bought 3 quads from RR, wrecked 2 in as many weeks sent them in for repair. Received repaired quads back in less than 2 weeks , no charges +more batt straps
2021-6-16
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Finally got an email response from RR today. Only 10 days after my email to them....

"We were unable to fix your drone. You have already been refunded the repair fees. Refund was sent out on June 8th. You should have it by now."

Ha, what a joke. Tempted to reply and tell them how bad their customer service is but will just fall on deaf ears. Will let my wallet do the talking and take my business elsewhere.

2021-6-18
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HarVDD5opB90 Posted at 6-16 05:09
I had the “opposite “ experience a year ago, I’d bought 3 quads from RR, wrecked 2 in as many weeks sent them in for repair. Received repaired quads back in less than 2 weeks , no charges +more batt straps

Maybe they only care to repair Rotor Riot drones?
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules