4562 82 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You launched that flight without waiting for GPS and flew around for a minute before the drone acquired enough satellites to have good location data.
It recorded an approximate home point at 5:39.5 before it was able to get good location data and and updated this at 5:40.9.
The flag is showing the approximate home point it recorded about 2900 feet north of where you actually launched.

You flew the drone just a little west of south. about 1200 ft from where the updated homepoint (which is not where you launched).
The whole flight was at low level and the VPS height never exceeded 6 ft.

The reason for the forced landing was that the drone was close to the ground (VPS shows only 2 ft above ground or maybe a crop) and you held the left stick full down for two seconds.
That initiated the forced landing.
The drone landed normally (it didn't crash).

The GPS location of the landing spot is 42.08618   -111.88940
I've made a little map to help you find it.
It might help to use the house to the north and the house/big tree to the east to help you locate the spot.

MW.jpg
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-9 16:01
You launched that flight without waiting for GPS and flew around for a minute before the drone acquired enough satellites to have good location data.
It recorded an approximate home point at 5:39.5 before it was able to get good location data and and updated this at 5:40.9.
The flag is showing the approximate home point it recorded about 2900 feet north of where you actually launched.

One additional thing
You flew an original Mavic Mini with propguards fitted.
The Mini was very underpowered and had a lot of trouble with wind, particularly if carrying the extra load of wind-catching prop guards.
I'd recommend against using the guards if flying outdoors.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296316 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 16:08
One additional thing
You flew an original Mavic Mini with propguards fitted.
The Mini was very underpowered and had a lot of trouble with wind, particularly if carrying the extra load of wind-catching prop guards.

So all the info I have been getting was for my mini. However, I haven’t flown the mini outdoors with the prop Guards on, (not sure why it would say they were on.
One additional note, I have never lost the mini, not sure why this says it landed in a field.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 16:12
So all the info I have been getting was for my mini. However, I haven’t flown the mini outdoors with the prop Guards on, (not sure why it would say they were on.
One additional note, I have never lost the mini, not sure why this says it landed in a field.

I'm in the dark here, you're not very good at passing on relevant information.
I can only report what the data shows.
Can you comment on whether this is the correct flight?
Did you fly south and force the landing or is this a completely different flight?
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-9 16:23
I'm in the dark here, you're not very good at passing on relevant information.
I can only report what the data shows.
Can you comment on whether this is the correct flight?

Or is this a flight from back in October, made by someone else in a place you've never flown ?
It's just west of Preston, Idaho

2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 16:28
Or is this a flight from back in October, made by someone else in a place you've never flown ?
It's just west of Preston, Idaho

So this was what my wife pulled off of the data. We thought it was the correct drone and flight. Turns out it wasn’t the one I am concerned about. Thank you!  
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 16:36
So this was what my wife pulled off of the data. We thought it was the correct drone and flight. Turns out it wasn’t the one I am concerned about. Thank you!

OK ... that file was from back last year.
If you can find the most recent flight record, rather than the oldest, that's the one we need to find your drone.
You could upload the .txt file to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and post a link here.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

I was finally able to pull flight data from the controller once I was able to get a windows pc. However it still appears something went haywire with the gps and it wasn’t working correctly. I only have a few flight data files for the mavic air 2.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 16:41
I was finally able to pull flight data from the controller once I was able to get a windows pc. However it still appears something went haywire with the gps and it wasn’t working correctly. I only have a few flight data files for the mavic air 2.

I only have a few flight data files for the mavic air 2.

Any with recent dates?
Particularly the date of your final flight?
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 16:55
I only have a few flight data files for the mavic air 2.
Any with recent dates?
Particularly the date of your final flight?

The txt file I get for yesterday says it is unreadable.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 17:04
The txt file I get for yesterday says it is unreadable.

What says it's unreadable?
The Phantomhelp log viewer or just a text file reader program?

Normally the files are unreadable to regular text file programs because it's encrypted.
But I can try to read it if you post it.

Or upload to Phantomhelp and post a link to the report you get ... even if the report looks like garbage or empty

2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 17:33
It's unreadable because it's encrypted.
But I can read it if you post it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/?id=-1
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 17:46
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/?id=-1

I also posted the txt file farther up in the thread.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 17:47
I also posted the txt file farther up in the thread.

You tried to post parts of the file.
I need the whole file.

Is the Phantomhelp log viewer saying it's unreadable or something else?
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

What I posted is all that I have!  There are two separate files. Would it possibly be split?
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 17:49
You tried to post parts of the file.
I need the whole file.

378B20A8-4719-487F-9985-3008EB3F642D.png
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I wish you would give some explanation instead of posting just the bare minimum.
I can't see what you are doing and you're not giving much in the way of details or explanation.
Are you trying to load a .dat file into the Phantomhelp vuewer?
It won't read that.

I need a .txt file for the date in question.
Here's what those files should look like in the listing.

Just upload the latest one to Phantomhelp and post a link to the report it shows you ( even if the report looks empty).
Or tell me what's going on.
FR.jpg
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 17:57
I wish you would give some explanation instead of posting just the bare minimum.
I can't see what you are doing and you're not giving much in the way of details or explanation.
[Image]

Is there somewhere else I need to pull data from?  Do they store several types of files?  This “partial” file is honestly all that I have been able to locate. Unless there are several places these files are stored I gave nothing more to provide. Which if there is only the one type of file, or one place to find it, I feel my suspicion is correct and the firmware update right before the last flight was corrupted in one way or another.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 17:57
[Image]

Is there somewhere else I need to pull data from?  Do they store several types of files?  This “partial” file is honestly all that I have been able to locate. Unless there are several places these files are stored I gave nothing more to provide. Which if there is only the one type of file, or one place to find it, I feel my suspicion is correct and the firmware update right before the last flight was corrupted in one way or another.
2021-6-9
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never fly with corrupted firmware.  Bad things can happen.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 18:03

Is there somewhere else I need to pull data from?
I have no idea where you are looking.
I can't see and you've given no details.

Do they store several types of files?  
There should be a whole folder full of flight record .txt files like the ones I gave a screen shot of above.

This “partial” file is honestly all that I have been able to locate.
Do you mean the 19 lines of text you posted,?
What was the filename and date for that?
I'm needing a complete file, not lines of text.

I feel my suspicion is correct and the firmware update right before the last flight was corrupted in one way or another.
With 6 years of analysing flight data, I've not seen firmware updates "corrupt" flight data.

I can analyse flight data and interpret details of what happened during a flight, but unless you can come up with the data for the flight, I can't be any more help.

2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 18:15
Is there somewhere else I need to pull data from?
I have no idea where you are looking.
I can't see and you've given no details.

I appreciate the help but I can’t give you what I do not have
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Spazoo Posted at 6-9 18:15
Never fly with corrupted firmware.  Bad things can happen.

So have you heard of corrupted firmware?  I understand it is out of the norm and probably very rare.
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 18:18
So have you heard of corrupted firmware?  I understand it is out of the norm and probably very rare.

Firmware is completely different from flight data recorded by the app.
Although I see all kinds of suggestions of corrupted this or that mentioned in the forum, I've not run into corrupted firmware or a case where a firmware update corrupted the flight data recorded by the app.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-9 18:26
Firmware is completely different from flight data recorded by the app.
Although I see all kinds of suggestions of corrupted this or that mentioned in the forum, I've not run into corrupted firmware or a case where a firmware update corrupted the flight data recorded by the app.

And I’m not saying for sure this is the case. I’m simply asking because, what you are requesting, IS NOT THERE. I can’t tell you that enough. I understand it’s not what you need. But it is the only data in the flight data folder.
2021-6-9
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-9 18:18

I’ve never actually heard of a case of corrupted firmware. But if there is such a thing as corrupted firmware, I definitely wouldn’t fly with it.  
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Spazoo Posted at 6-9 18:36
I’ve never actually heard of a case of corrupted firmware. But if there is such a thing as corrupted firmware, I definitely wouldn’t fly with it.

Yeah, this is my only guess. But I didn’t realize anything was wrong until I was out a ways.
2021-6-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hang in there and I think we will get to the bottom of this. It sounds like some kind of communication problem in finding the file. I do understand it can be tricky if not done before. And DJI doesn't make it really easy to do ;-) I don't use a Smart Controller so don't feel comfortable offering advice yet.
2021-6-9
Use props
fanse31bd6f9
lvl.2
United States

Is flight data only on the aircraft or the controller too?
2021-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fanse31bd6f9 Posted at 6-9 20:37
Is flight data only on the aircraft or the controller too?

It's on the controller ... that's where we've been trying to find it
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Found the gps coordinates. Had to Download a specific file viewer to the smart controller. Now to just contact the landowner and go get it.
2021-6-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-10 10:00
Found the gps coordinates. Had to Download a specific file viewer to the smart controller. Now to just contact the landowner and go get it.

Well I hope you get your drone back.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

videoeditman Posted at 6-10 10:06
Well I hope you get your drone back.

One way or another yes I will
2021-6-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-10 10:29
One way or another yes I will

Good luck finding it, so you found the flightlog for this flight??

If you like share it on here, curious what really happend.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

I used the airdata app. I was never able to pull the flight log. airdata pulled the info from the remote. It appears as though the battery was lower than the remote was telling me. The drone flew farther south than it was supposed to. And landed, safely (I hope). Hoping to get it today after work. Airdata shows my flight, signal and battery power through the whole flight.
2021-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-10 10:47
I used the airdata app. I was never able to pull the flight log. airdata pulled the info from the remote. It appears as though the battery was lower than the remote was telling me. The drone flew farther south than it was supposed to. And landed, safely (I hope). Hoping to get it today after work. Airdata shows my flight, signal and battery power through the whole flight.

I'm curious about what you mean by the drone flying further than it was supposed to and the comment on battery level.
Can you share that Airdata report and send a link to it?
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-10 15:59
I'm curious about what you mean by the drone flying further than it was supposed to and the comment on battery level.

What I mean is the front turned south on its own, (fly away). And for some reason the drone was transmitting an incorrect battery level to my remote. So there was less battery than what registered in my screen.
2021-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3PzxloP6wpZ Posted at 6-10 16:45
What I mean is the front turned south on its own, (fly away). And for some reason the drone was transmitting an incorrect battery level to my remote. So there was less battery than what registered in my screen.

That's more confusing
I could also confirm whether the data shows your drone landing safely or if it was still in flight and possibly give a likely search location if that was the case.

2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_Whuzbd6YHGim
New

Colombia

lo lamento decir pero, te jodites.
2021-6-22
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Hold on, need some popcorn