10376 18 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I noticed one LRF file for every MP4 file on the sd of my P2.
Is there a way to not have those stored there?

They are quite big and I think I don't need them

LRF.JPG
2021-6-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When this has come up before I think they've said they are not optional.  They relate to viewing the clips in the app.
2021-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-9 06:42
When this has come up before I think they've said they are not optional.  They relate to viewing the clips in the app.

I hope you are wrong.
I already thought it was about the previews, but I don't need previews. (at least, I would love to be able to determine if I want them)
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Montfrooij. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, there's no way to turn off this function.
2021-6-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I also see them on Insta360 Go 2 storage.  Seems to be the modern thing.  I guess they assume that with current large storage cards, these files don't take up significant space, and speed up viewing in the app significantly.  I believe some people use them in their NLE for proxy files.
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-9 23:34
Hi, Montfrooij. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, there's no way to turn off this function.

That is too bad.
It would be nice if we could set this up in a settings menu.
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-10 00:30
I also see them on Insta360 Go 2 storage.  Seems to be the modern thing.  I guess they assume that with current large storage cards, these files don't take up significant space, and speed up viewing in the app significantly.  I believe some people use them in their NLE for proxy files.

Well, they are quite big frankly.
I have a 128gb sd card, so it won't be a big issue, but I hope they will make a setting for this.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 6-10 00:32
That is too bad.
It would be nice if we could set this up in a settings menu.

There are no current plans to have this option added, however, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Pocket 2.
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 01:19
There are no current plans to have this option added, however, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Pocket 2.

Thanks for that.
There is a couple of things that I noticed with the P2, but I will make a separate post about it with more detailed info when I have time.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 6-10 01:43
Thanks for that.
There is a couple of things that I noticed with the P2, but I will make a separate post about it with more detailed info when I have time.

You're welcome and should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 02:47
You're welcome and should you have further concerns, please let us know.

I most certainly will.
First get to know the P2 better
2021-6-10
Use props
Astmens
lvl.1

Spain

I would also love to request the removal of LRF files or at least an option to disable them!
They are cluttering up the SD card and slow down writing speeds as there are 2 files written at the same time... causing problems with the memory card...
Does anyone know how to raise this issue?
2021-7-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Astmens Posted at 7-28 02:36
I would also love to request the removal of LRF files or at least an option to disable them!
They are cluttering up the SD card and slow down writing speeds as there are 2 files written at the same time... causing problems with the memory card...
Does anyone know how to raise this issue?

I have no idea, but really want this option too!
2021-7-28
Use props
Born2bWild
New

United States

LRF files are most pathetic update in Pocket 2. I am using the HIGH SPEED SD CARD but still while recording it stopped recording just because it could not able to write both files at a time. Sometimes it is taking a long time to save the video after shooting. Even sometimes it is unable to save the High Resolution video and showing you a corrupted file but you will find the full video captured in LRF.

LRF is a good idea for those who actually want to edit there video in mobile. But you can not forcefully add this feature.

Please we need a update to have a option to stop saving LRF.
2022-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Born2bWild Posted at 8-17 20:58
LRF files are most pathetic update in Pocket 2. I am using the HIGH SPEED SD CARD but still while recording it stopped recording just because it could not able to write both files at a time. Sometimes it is taking a long time to save the video after shooting. Even sometimes it is unable to save the High Resolution video and showing you a corrupted file but you will find the full video captured in LRF.

LRF is a good idea for those who actually want to edit there video in mobile. But you can not forcefully add this feature.

Yeah, that would be great.
I would love to have the option to NOT have previews (that what these LRF files are)
2022-8-17
Use props
OndoogYob
New

United States

These LRF files are essential to the Pocket 2 being able to replay recorded videos, both on a remote viewing device, as well as the Pocket 2 itself. If you replay videos at all, these small proxy files will keep the P2 cooler and extend the device's battery life. If you think the P2 gets warm now and chews thru power much too quickly, wait 'til it's replaying 4K video on that tiny screen...or worse, pushing it over a wireless connection to a remote viewing device. I hate the fact I have extra files in my directory. But, for me, it's a small sacrifice for the user experience I get. I hate to say it, but these files are a feature, not a bug.

Of course, everyone complaining is also right. DJI could offer a solution, whereby they limit the proxy file generation, until replay is requested. They could also generate an even smaller version for P2 playback, but turn off remote device playback. The most radical solution could be to give users the option to simply not replay videos at all. These options might even reduce power consumption and heat generation. But, until something changes, they are there for your viewing pleasure.

A small tech note on these files, since they could be very useful to some people. Firstly, if you need to generate 720p versions for any other reason, these files will be a real time-saver. They are 720p (1280x720) proxy versions of your full size files. You just need to change the file extension to mp4. The files generated have identical quality audio (AAC stereo @ 192kbps/48khz/CBR). The video is AVC, using a different codec profile. They have the same frame rate, aspect ratio, color profile, etc. etc.  The big difference is the total bit rate of the 720p files is less than 1/10 of the original and the file size is smaller by the same ratio.
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_o4LazLzBpRGS
New

United Kingdom

They are annoying - now my Pocket 2 will stop recording at random times due to a slow SD read/write speed (it was fine before latest firmware update). I don't use the DJI App, but instead import them to video editing software which the LRF files are not needed.
2022-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

OndoogYob Posted at 9-15 16:06
These LRF files are essential to the Pocket 2 being able to replay recorded videos, both on a remote viewing device, as well as the Pocket 2 itself. If you replay videos at all, these small proxy files will keep the P2 cooler and extend the device's battery life. If you think the P2 gets warm now and chews thru power much too quickly, wait 'til it's replaying 4K video on that tiny screen...or worse, pushing it over a wireless connection to a remote viewing device. I hate the fact I have extra files in my directory. But, for me, it's a small sacrifice for the user experience I get. I hate to say it, but these files are a feature, not a bug.

Of course, everyone complaining is also right. DJI could offer a solution, whereby they limit the proxy file generation, until replay is requested. They could also generate an even smaller version for P2 playback, but turn off remote device playback. The most radical solution could be to give users the option to simply not replay videos at all. These options might even reduce power consumption and heat generation. But, until something changes, they are there for your viewing pleasure.

I never replay footage on the P2, so I would love to be able to switch that off.
2022-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_o4LazLzBpRGS Posted at 11-8 02:36
They are annoying - now my Pocket 2 will stop recording at random times due to a slow SD read/write speed (it was fine before latest firmware update). I don't use the DJI App, but instead import them to video editing software which the LRF files are not needed.

The last FW update was over a year ago.
When did you perform the update?
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules