DJI Pocket 2 Wide angle lens poor magnet
1343 11 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

Checked out the wide angle lens once after I got the Creator Combo and was planning to use it today, but found that the magnets in the lens are loose. DJI, what is this?!
AA18AA04-0387-453D-B418-11816FB4CF3A.jpeg
2021-6-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same problem with one of them.  I guess a tiny bit of superglue might do the job.  Or you might end up with wide angle lens equipped fingers...
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mowmow. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with the DJI Pocket 2 wide angle lens that came with the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo. It would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-6-9
Use props
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-9 06:49
I had the same problem with one of them.  I guess a tiny bit of superglue might do the job.  Or you might end up with wide angle lens equipped fingers...

lol! that made me chuckle
2021-6-10
Use props
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-9 19:15
Hello there mowmow. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with the DJI Pocket 2 wide angle lens that came with the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo. It would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Already did. Contacted Amazon and they refunded instead of replacing.
2021-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Had a similar problem, but with the microphone magnetic windshield instead of the wide-angle lens. Thought for a while to glue it myself, but wasn't sure if that would result in glueing something that should not be glued. Contacted DJI instead and sent it to them free of charge, after a while got a replacement for it. Happened to be covered by the warranty.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mowmow Posted at 6-10 22:19
Already did. Contacted Amazon and they refunded instead of replacing.

Hi there mowmow. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-6-11
Use props
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

HGDC84 Posted at 6-11 02:12
Had a similar problem, but with the microphone magnetic windshield instead of the wide-angle lens. Thought for a while to glue it myself, but wasn't sure if that would result in glueing something that should not be glued. Contacted DJI instead and sent it to them free of charge, after a while got a replacement for it. Happened to be covered by the warranty.

Oh my. I haven't tested that one yet.!

Yeah, the amazon associate was asking me to glue it! Lol

What. I wasn't even offered that option by Amazon. I'll just have to re-order.
2021-6-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

mowmow Posted at 6-11 02:48
Oh my. I haven't tested that one yet.!

Yeah, the amazon associate was asking me to glue it! Lol

Yeah, I bought the Creator Combo from a local phone operator, who said nothing about the repair/replacement process. Decided to ask here about it (see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237594 for the thread) and was advised to contact the support team. It took a while to specify the situation through them, but after that they sent me a label to print out and attach to the package, allowing to send it back to them free. After doing that and waiting for a while, they sent me a new one (or the old one as fixed, not sure which but the main point is it is okay now).

Probably the support can help you more.
2021-6-11
Use props
mowmow
lvl.1
Qatar

HGDC84 Posted at 6-11 03:43
Yeah, I bought the Creator Combo from a local phone operator, who said nothing about the repair/replacement process. Decided to ask here about it (see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237594 for the thread) and was advised to contact the support team. It took a while to specify the situation through them, but after that they sent me a label to print out and attach to the package, allowing to send it back to them free. After doing that and waiting for a while, they sent me a new one (or the old one as fixed, not sure which but the main point is it is okay now).

Probably the support can help you more.

Thanks will check it out!
2021-6-11
Use props
greenjoy
New
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-6-11 02:47
Hi there mowmow. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I have experienced a similar issue with my Pocket 2 wide-angle lens. The magnets detached from the lens while out in the field and I was unable to find them again. What are the options for customers like myself to rectify this issue? I wouldn't have used the lens more than ten times in the couple of years that I've owned the Pocket 2.

Thanks!
1-24 13:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

greenjoy Posted at 1-24 13:50
Hi Stephen,

I have experienced a similar issue with my Pocket 2 wide-angle lens. The magnets detached from the lens while out in the field and I was unable to find them again. What are the options for customers like myself to rectify this issue? I wouldn't have used the lens more than ten times in the couple of years that I've owned the Pocket 2.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you purchased the Wide-Angle lens together with your DJI Pocket 2? If yes, it seems that the accessory is no longer under warranty and unfortunately, we cannot provide warranty repair/replacement to an Out-Of-Warranty product or accessories. We appreciate your understanding.
1-25 01:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules