Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
culnara69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96014 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there, wondering if someone can help me out

about a year ago I noticed a slight issue with my Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F) it wasn't charging fully...

as time has gone by it has gradually gotten worse to the point it will charge to 2 leds and flash on the third
when @fully charged@ it only shows one led, but left for a while, it goes to 2.5 (flashing)
I did contact DJI who quickly pointed out that the controller was out of warranty and that I would have to
send it back myself for repair, I did not follow through with this request.

This annoys me a bit as this seems to be a very common fault with this controller and I feel it should be repaired
free of charge...

anyway, the last flight I did was very frustrating because as the drone took off, the low battery beeping from the
RC started. not good for the nerves I can tell you.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and had to pay for a repair? if so, how much was it?

just trying to decide whether it is financially worth it

Regards
2021-6-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi !
I think it's worth trying to replace it. Not sure it works! On Aliexpress there are some not too expensive.
Otherwise there is the procedure where it is necessary to solder resistors. As a last resort why not!

2021-6-9
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-9 06:11
Hi !
I think it's worth trying to replace it. Not sure it works! On Aliexpress there are some not too expensive.
Otherwise there is the procedure where it is necessary to solder resistors. As a last resort why not!

Yeah, I did re-flow the solder joints and it fixed it for a while, but it's getting bad again
2021-6-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

It only remains to exchange the battery !
2021-6-9
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-9 06:41
It only remains to exchange the battery !

I think the battery is fine, it may possibly be a faulty chip?
2021-6-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I don't know. You always have the option of sending it in for repair to get a quote.
I strongly invite you to contact online support. https://www.dji.com/en/support
Forum moderators are +/- useless but the online chat support is really nice and efficient.
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there culnara69. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro remote controller ( GL300F ) and thank you for reaching out. I would suggest to send the said DJI remote controller in for assessment. Once our DJI support team had finished the assessment we will be sending you a notification of the analysis and on how much the cost. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support
2021-6-9
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-6-9 19:49
Hello there culnara69. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro remote controller ( GL300F ) and thank you for reaching out. I would suggest to send the said DJI remote controller in for assessment. Once our DJI support team had finished the assessment we will be sending you a notification of the analysis and on how much the cost. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support

I ended up buying another controller
2022-1-14
Use props
aairon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72831 ft

United States

culnara69 Posted at 1-14 13:22

Are you interested in selling your other controller?
2022-1-15
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-15 19:43
Are you interested in selling your other controller?

I dunno? yeah the one that isn't charging correctly?
2022-1-16
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

culnara69 Posted at 1-16 02:21
I dunno? yeah the one that isn't charging correctly?

yes that one, where are you located? I feel confident I can fix it easily.
2022-1-16
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-16 04:01
yes that one, where are you located? I feel confident I can fix it easily.

I am up in Fraserburgh in Aberdeenshire, I did re-flow the solder on the motherboard and got it working perfectly but within a couple of months it slowly slipped back to worse than it was before
2022-1-16
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

culnara69 Posted at 1-16 13:54
I am up in Fraserburgh in Aberdeenshire, I did re-flow the solder on the motherboard and got it working perfectly but within a couple of months it slowly slipped back to worse than it was before

I'm near Seattle, WA The symptoms you have described point directly to a battery cell deteriorating. As a matter of fact I'm confused that the seemed to have gone first to the least likely suspects. Replace the cell and have yourself a back up. P.S. the cell through amazon or the like should be super cheap less then $30 usd. good luck.

2022-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

culnara69 Posted at 1-14 13:22

Hi there culnara69. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information and update. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-1-17
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-17 21:19
I'm near Seattle, WA The symptoms you have described point directly to a battery cell deteriorating. As a matter of fact I'm confused that the seemed to have gone first to the least likely suspects. Replace the cell and have yourself a back up. P.S. the cell through amazon or the like should be super cheap less then $30 usd. good luck.

Yeah a bit too far for sending economically, the reason I went for the solder re-flow first is because that was what all the google search results were pointing to when searching for (P4P RC not charging)
doing so did fix the RC 100% and it would fully charge and work normally, for the first couple of months anyway, then it slowly slipped back to fail, I did check the battery with a volt meter and it was basically fully charged, I ended up getting another one off of Ebay for £130

I did not find anything pointing to a faulty RC battery when googling that's why I went for the solder re-flow.

2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules