892 13 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just ordered 2 vario ND filters from PgyTech.
2-5 stops and 6-9 stops.
Expect them to arrive at home this Friday so I will test (and share) how they are performing.

PgyVarND.JPG

Anybody here using them?
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Pocket 2  and uses the said Filters ( Vario NL filters ) on the said DJI camera. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like filters on your DJI Pocket 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said the said DJI camera when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party ND Filters will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-9 19:59
Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Pocket 2  and uses the said Filters ( Vario NL filters ) on the said DJI camera. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like filters on your DJI Pocket 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said the said DJI camera when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party ND Filters will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Thanks.
I know. But I really would like vario ND filters to not have to change filters all the time.
Unfortunately you don't sell those on the DJI shop.
2021-6-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-9 22:21
Thanks.
I know. But I really would like vario ND filters to not have to change filters all the time.
Unfortunately you don't sell those on the DJI shop.

From what Ive read you'll not be able to turn the pocket on or off with these attached,  so you still need to fit/remove frequently.
2021-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-9 23:20
From what Ive read you'll not be able to turn the pocket on or off with these attached,  so you still need to fit/remove frequently.

That could be true indeed. They are quite thick.
I have seen one other (Freewell) that might allow for this.
But that is not compatibel with the P2 (some market it as P1 and P2, but on some specific drone shops they state it is not)

We'll see how it goes.
I will first try them on with the P2 off and see what movement is possible.
I guess I can always return it if it does not 'fit' my needs.

The whole P2 is many ways a tradeoff between size and function / quality.
It has a super tiny screen that is quite hard to operate with your fingers.
So very little buttons and most need several presses.
Also the image quality is mediocre compared to my DSLR.
But there I have said it.
DSLR.
Huge, bulky camera with big lens, without gimbal.
vs tiny gimbal with a even smaller camera attached.

You can't have it all I guess.

The thing that does somewhat disappoint is the jpeg output of the timelapses.
It is way worse than a regular jpeg output.
So I guess they export the frames that have already passed some video processing instead of using the normal jpeg engine.
It is quite a bit better than with the original Osmo Mobile I had, but still I feel it could have been better.

Need to do more testing and try with the ND filters to see if it will stay in the bag.
2021-6-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-9 23:52
That could be true indeed. They are quite thick.
I have seen one other (Freewell) that might allow for this.
But that is not compatibel with the P2 (some market it as P1 and P2, but on some specific drone shops they state it is not)

Thats a shame about the jpgs,   do you think you'd get any better quality if you converted the video frames to images?
2021-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-9 23:58
Thats a shame about the jpgs,   do you think you'd get any better quality if you converted the video frames to images?

That is just FHD with timelapses, I'd like to get bigger resolution and make 4K output.
I will try the cinelike profile and possibly DNG, although that did not work great on the M2 for me.

It is better than the Osmo Mobile, so for motion timelapses it will be an improvement.

2021-6-10
Use props
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
Australia

Yes, I have them and used them on both my P1 and P2. Very convenient and the Pocket turns on/off alright with the VND filters on. They are my preferred filters on the Pocket.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 6-9 22:21
Thanks.
Unfortunately you don't sell those on the DJI shop.

Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming. .
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DHW Posted at 6-10 14:30
Yes, I have them and used them on both my P1 and P2. Very convenient and the Pocket turns on/off alright with the VND filters on. They are my preferred filters on the Pocket.

Thanks.
It does turn off indeed, but leaves the camera facing outward, so I had to take them off before storing the P2.
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 21:03
Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming.  .

I most certainly will!
2021-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DHW Posted at 6-10 14:30
Yes, I have them and used them on both my P1 and P2. Very convenient and the Pocket turns on/off alright with the VND filters on. They are my preferred filters on the Pocket.

I'm going to return them.
They give a really ugly color shift in the corners.
2021-6-11
Use props
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
Australia

Do you have some kind of protective film on the camera lens, which is beneath the VND?
2021-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DHW Posted at 6-11 09:27
Do you have some kind of protective film on the camera lens, which is beneath the VND?

You mean on the filter itself?
Or on the pocket?
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules