394 4 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davitzakari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 483527 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once I attach the pocket 2 to my iPhone 11 with lightning connector, it's disconnected after a couple of seconds. How to fix this by myself? Or I should wait for the new firmware update.
F07CE63B-C0AD-4D39-B7F3-22D15F231CE7.jpeg
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

My suggestion would be checking out if the connection between the iPhone and Pocket 2 is unstable - if it isn't properly in place, movements could disrupt the connection, thus causing errors.

On some occasions, having a case on the phone can either stabilize the connection or prevent proper connection. If you have a case on your iPhone, try removing it and trying again. Or if you don't have a case on it, try putting it into one, then trying again.

Also - if you have a chance to test it - does the connection work with other devices? Some time ago I had a discussion with a fellow forum member who had similar problems. In that case, it turned out that his connector was faulty. Testing with another device can rule out some alternative reasons for connection problems. If you have another Apple device that does work using the same Lightning connector, it is possible to determine that there is no fault with the connector. If the problem still persists with other device, it could signal that the Lightning adapter itself is faulty.

For lists of other compatible devices to test on, and to find a couple of more troubleshooting tips, you could check out my threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). Also, the official DJI compatibility list at https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo could show the recommended devices for continued testing.

Good luck for your troubleshooting, hopefully you will get it to work!
2021-6-9
Use props
davitzakari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 483527 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-9 11:49
My suggestion would be checking out if the connection between the iPhone and Pocket 2 is unstable - if it isn't properly in place, movements could disrupt the connection, thus causing errors.

On some occasions, having a case on the phone can either stabilize the connection or prevent proper connection. If you have a case on your iPhone, try removing it and trying again. Or if you don't have a case on it, try putting it into one, then trying again.
I tested it. Problem came from the phone’s case. I removed it and worked well. Thanks a lot.
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there davitzakari. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to fix the said issue after removing the phone case of your iPhone 11. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

davitzakari Posted at 6-9 18:42
I tested it. Problem came from the phone’s case. I removed it and worked well. Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear that you got your problem solved, also that the solution was so simple. :-)
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules