Mini 2 Software Update
1279 11 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hey guys!  Haven't been here in several months.  Need some direction please?   Anyway got the mini 2 and after I did a firmware update yesterday seems all my controls have latency.
Has anyone else had this issue?  Thanks for the help and/ or guidance.
TCDrone
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi TCDrone, may I know if the issue is with the reaction of the drone or the transmission? Please try to calibrate the controller and IMU, fly the drone in an open area with a decent GPS signal. See if this helps.
2021-6-9
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Hello DJI Susan!  The reaction of the controls and the camera gimbal both have delay.  Example, if I rotate the drone left gradually  with the control stick it does not move in real time.  After a delay It will jump to the position quickly .  Same with gimbal.  I turn the wheel slowly, nothing happens then, bam, jumps to the position. Also blurs the camera image while jumping to the position your moving it to.
Hope this makes sense.  I will calibrate the IMU and controller and camera and get back with you if this doesn’t fix the problem.

Thanks for getting back to me soon!
Tim C.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TCDrone Posted at 6-10 13:17
Hello DJI Susan!  The reaction of the controls and the camera gimbal both have delay.  Example, if I rotate the drone left gradually  with the control stick it does not move in real time.  After a delay It will jump to the position quickly .  Same with gimbal.  I turn the wheel slowly, nothing happens then, bam, jumps to the position. Also blurs the camera image while jumping to the position your moving it to.
Hope this makes sense.  I will calibrate the IMU and controller and camera and get back with you if this doesn’t fix the problem.

Hi Tim C, thanks for the information. Alongside the calibration, please also upgrade the firmware and pair the remote control to the drone again. If the problem still exists, could you please provide us a video of the said issue? We will forward it to the corresponding team for further check. Here is a video for your reference.
2021-6-11
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Mindy.  I will definitely do that also.  Thank you very much!

TIM C
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TCDrone Posted at 6-11 12:50
Thanks Mindy.  I will definitely do that also.  Thank you very much!

TIM C

My pleasure to help. Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice weekend!
2021-6-11
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Thank you MIndy!   I did as you said and test flight in my house.  Everything appears to be working properly.  Anything changes I will let you know.

Tim C.
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TCDrone Posted at 6-13 09:48
Thank you MIndy!   I did as you said and test flight in my house.  Everything appears to be working properly.  Anything changes I will let you know.

Tim C.

Glad to hear that. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Hope you can enjoy flying.
2021-6-14
Use props
vanP Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1053783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Connection problems and still gimbal horizon problem with the latest firmware DJI Mini 2
2021-6-17
Use props
vanP Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1053783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The gimbal horizon problem is not solved in this latest firmware version, eventime after the gimbal calibration you still have to adjust the horizon of the gimbal during the flight.
With my Air 2 and Mini 1 I had this problem never, its very irritated to adjust every time the horizon of the gimbal during the flight.
New problem with this firmware is that after 400 meters you get RC connection lost. It's looks like that the distance limitation for the Mini SE is in the latest firmware!!!!!
I'm not the only one with this problem, at YouTube and Facebook are many drone flyers now with this problem now. I think DJI can do better!!!
2021-6-17
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Omg!  I had no idea the gimbal still has these issues.  Haven’t flown mine outside since I did all the calibrations.  Hopefully dji will fix this in the next firmware update.  I sure hope so.  I have a small fortune invested in DJI drones!!!  Come on guys, help us out please!

Thanks,
TCDrone
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vanP Drone Posted at 6-17 07:45
The gimbal horizon problem is not solved in this latest firmware version, eventime after the gimbal calibration you still have to adjust the horizon of the gimbal during the flight.
With my Air 2 and Mini 1 I had this problem never, its very irritated to adjust every time the horizon of the gimbal during the flight.
New problem with this firmware is that after 400 meters you get RC connection lost.  It's looks like that the distance limitation for the Mini SE is in the latest firmware!!!!!

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. For the gimbal issue, could you please provide a screen recording of the issue including the gimbal calibration and gimbal adjustment for further confirmation?
For the flight distance, it may be affected by many reasons, such as flight environment, obstacles, antenna position.
We would suggest that you fly the drone in a wide and broad place. Obstacles may block the signal. Also, the position of the antennas makes a great effort, too. Please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. Distance should be greater than height during flight. At the same time, you may also try to refresh the latest firmware again.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.

2021-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules