1.4.2 Fly App Android crashes?
1401 9 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hey all.... I just flew with this version of the fly app today, and had a couple of app crashes, same device I have been using for a while now.  Been really stable before this latest version.  Anyone else experiencing similar?

Only other change is environmental, its been pretty warm here, pushing 90's or low 30s(C) ... the S8 Samsung I have been using did not seem overly warm at the time, I was also operating in the shade.

First time I have had this issue using Android.  I may switch my to my older iOS device if it persists.  I may go back to a previous version of Fly Android also.

Thanks for any feedback.  

2021-6-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe check to see if the video caching was enabled with the update if it was not enabled before. I know my S6 doesn't like the caching so I use a screen recorder instead. Just a WAG.
2021-6-9
Use props
mafozi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
Bulgaria

Dont use this version ... too many problems with 1.42
Go back to 1.40 and wait next one
2021-6-9
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I had a couple of flights with latest app (Sony Xperia phone with Android 11) and no issue with 1.4.2 for me...
2021-6-9
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Also no issues on my S20.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Northwood. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the issue you're experiencing. Please let us know if the problem persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly v1.4.2. If it does, we would appreciate extracting and uploading the log folder from the DJI Fly.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV
New

United States

Help please.. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned it and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide." Any help is appreciated. I just wanna fly!! Also I have the Galaxy S10. Thanks
2021-6-12
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Hi all and thanks.  I uninstalled the 1.4.2. app then reinstalled, have done two flights since then and it appears to be okay again.  I am hoping it stays that way.  I have a Note 9 that I can also alternate to, so will check that out too.

Happy flying all.

2021-6-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

djiuser_DMb3LOSdMRrV Posted at 6-12 13:30
Help please.. I bought the mini 2 yesterday and wasn't able to connect the controller to the drone. In my frustration I returned it and upgraded to the Air 2. Only to get it home and have the same issue. The DJI FLY app doesn't show me the option to "Connect Drone." In its place is a button the says "connection guide." Any help is appreciated. I just wanna fly!! Also I have the Galaxy S10. Thanks

Hi there....  after you enter the connection guide you should be able to choose the Mavic Air 2.  Be sure you are not selecting the Air 2S.  If thats not working for you, check out YouTube on how to pair your remote with the drone... lots of great resources there.

Here's one:
2021-6-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 6-9 19:19
Maybe check to see if the video caching was enabled with the update if it was not enabled before. I know my S6 doesn't like the caching so I use a screen recorder instead. Just a WAG.

thanks Gary
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules