4278 13 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f36210f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, this has happenned to me over my last three sessions flying/recording and its took me until now to work it out, but i want to report a problem/bug,

Basically, i recorded, and then the day after or later on that day when i got home i get the drone out and connect controller like i always do to look at recorded footage, and to surprise its not there in the 'aircraft' tab in the app album.

first time i wonder if i forgot to press record, i always look at my files this way and send to phone what i want to edit with in the mimo app...

happenned again last weekend, but the cache files were showing in the 'DJI Fly app' tab in album,

So just now i checked my sd card taking it from the drone and loading into macbook, and the files i thought i didnt record from 3 weeks ago are all there, but the problem is i dont see my last threee sessions videos in the phone app album viewer, they are there stored on SD but not showing in app album..... this never happnned on my mavic mini, but is happenning on my new Air 2s, please could others say if you have noticed this and DJI could you help out with the problem?!

PEace
2021-6-9
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you pressing the Stop button when you finish recording?  I don’t know if that matters.  I’m just thinking it might matter.
2021-6-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2021-6-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Forgetting to hit the stop button can corrupt the files, sometimes they fix themselves other times you can see them but can't play them.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there . I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please stop the video recording on the DJI Fly application before tuning off the DJI Air 2S to avoid video corruption. Thank you.
2021-6-10
Use props
fans6f36210f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice clutching at straws with the input but it was nothing to do with that at all, thanks though, but that was too obvious and id guess that doesnt even cause that issue you describe, at least all the time? but im not going to try, and when you've been using these things a while you get used to stopping your videos before turning the drone off and packing up, admittedly though the odd time i have done that. But you can clearly see where the end of the video was just by watching it back and looking when it stopped, i knew it wasnt that simple when i read your replies.

Now here is an update on what i think ive found was the real issue, answering my own question, but also FYI, It happened again in the last few days, (which is the second next time i used it since i made the last post) videos were showing up but some had gone to 'fly app' and none showing in 'aircraft', and all my still photos were nowhere to be seen until i put the card in the laptop again and they were there... I strongly believe its because the SD card i pulled from my last drone (mavic mini) and put straight in the air 2s had stuff still on it, some of the pics were showing as other thumbnails and then changed to another image on expanding, i may even of had that card in my osmo pocket or pocket 2 for a short while when i was struggling for memory and borrowed it, so i have now moved all data i wanted to keep and reformatted the card via my drone over the rest, im hoping the issue will be resolved next time i use it and it will act like my mini did, everything right there on the phone to browse through instead of having to pull the card to check.

Regards.
2021-7-3
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

fans6f36210f Posted at 7-3 09:28
Nice clutching at straws with the input but it was nothing to do with that at all, thanks though, but that was too obvious and id guess that doesnt even cause that issue you describe, at least all the time? but im not going to try, and when you've been using these things a while you get used to stopping your videos before turning the drone off and packing up, admittedly though the odd time i have done that. But you can clearly see where the end of the video was just by watching it back and looking when it stopped, i knew it wasnt that simple when i read your replies.

Now here is an update on what i think ive found was the real issue, answering my own question, but also FYI, It happened again in the last few days, (which is the second next time i used it since i made the last post) videos were showing up but some had gone to 'fly app' and none showing in 'aircraft', and all my still photos were nowhere to be seen until i put the card in the laptop again and they were there... I strongly believe its because the SD card i pulled from my last drone (mavic mini) and put straight in the air 2s had stuff still on it, some of the pics were showing as other thumbnails and then changed to another image on expanding, i may even of had that card in my osmo pocket or pocket 2 for a short while when i was struggling for memory and borrowed it, so i have now moved all data i wanted to keep and reformatted the card via my drone over the rest, im hoping the issue will be resolved next time i use it and it will act like my mini did, everything right there on the phone to browse through instead of having to pull the card to check.

You never get all the images and video on the DJI fly app, it only gives a few of the images and lower quality,  The high quality RAW and 4K files are on the sd card where they should be.
2021-7-3
Use props
fans6f36210f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Again, the saying 'if you've got nothing worth saying, then don't say it' springs to mind.

F****** Forums.
2021-7-3
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

fans6f36210f Posted at 7-3 11:37
Again, the saying 'if you've got nothing worth saying, then don't say it' springs to mind.

F****** Forums.

A bit rude, people are trying to help you.  

Fact all your media is stored on the SD card.

Fact you can choose to download full version to your remote/phone via the download option this is slow.

Fact some not all photos / video are downloaded to the the phone during flight, these are low quality JPEG’s and 1080 video, the amount that is downloaded depends on free space on your phone, signal strength at the time and other factors.

But if you don’t want people to try and help why don’t you call DJI support and stop using this forum.
2021-7-3
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6f36210f Posted at 7-3 11:37

F****** Forums.

WoW...Nice little attitude you've got going there....
Good luck with your issue...
Even if someone was willing to help or offer a suggestion, I doubt anybody would respond politely after seeing your reply/attitude... I can see why you have such a problem with forums.....sad
2021-7-5
Use props
fans6f36210f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe this time you might help me! Q: is there any way of me deleting this post I made? Cause I can't see how, or have I just said something else that you can all chip in some pointless comments on to pass your time and waste more of mine?!

Kind regards.
2021-7-5
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6f36210f Posted at 7-5 11:30
Maybe this time you might help me! Q: is there any way of me deleting this post I made? Cause I can't see how, or have I just said something else that you can all chip in some pointless comments on to pass your time and waste more of mine?!

Kind regards.

Again, Nice attitude...Good luck.
2021-7-5
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

This just happened to me to. half of the files I shot are missing and so are the panoramas. This has never happened with any dji drone before.
2021-9-15
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I always pull the SD card out and get things from there directly. Nothing else works reliably.
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules