521 17 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laszlo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was doing a time lapse of a 3D print I was making. The Action was hooked up to an external battery pack I've used dozens of times in the past. Two days into a 4 day print I realize its not working. Can't turn on, I remove the battery and card, try a new battery. Still won't turn on. Is their a hard reset?
Thanks

2021-6-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Asked DJI that  over a year ago,  they exculated to the developers, must be on their waiting list, never to be heard of again

Gopro is LOng press the On/off 12 seconds, I suggest trying the same for 60 seconds, also   you can try a few steps like long press and remove bat at the same time. to hold all three buttons down.
2021-6-10
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-10 06:21
Asked DJI that  over a year ago,  they exculated to the developers, must be on their waiting list, never to be heard of again

Gopro is LOng press the On/off 12 seconds, I suggest trying the same for 60 seconds, also   you can try a few steps like long press and remove bat at the same time. to hold all three buttons down.

Thanks for the info!
2021-6-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

usb  see if any power that way.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Laszlo. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. You may try to follow the troubleshooting steps of Fishycomics on post #2 and check if there would be some changes. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that we need to send in the unit for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-10
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 20:06
Hi, Laszlo. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. You may try to follow the troubleshooting steps of Fishycomics on post #2 and check if there would be some changes. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that we need to send in the unit for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I was able to finally get the camera to turn on. This only happened by removing the battery and powering it from the USB cable. I was then able to turn it off, reinstall the battery and turn it on again. When it started off from the internal battery the battery showed only 10% full which is strange since it always show 100% full when I running of external power
2021-6-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

external is diff  from internal.

so now does it charge and work correctly?  DJI says no reboot, its send in   with minimal info of  resolutions
2021-6-11
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-11 05:15
external is diff  from internal.

so now does it charge and work correctly?  DJI says no reboot, its send in   with minimal info of  resolutions

No, it did the same thing this morning. It was 2 hours into a time lapse and it just froze up, couldn't turn off or on. This was running off an external battery (USB). Its over two years old, I don't think they will fix it
2021-6-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

checkout the sdxc card as a last resort. good luck?
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

laszlo Posted at 6-11 05:24
No, it did the same thing this morning. It was 2 hours into a time lapse and it just froze up, couldn't turn off or on. This was running off an external battery (USB). Its over two years old, I don't think they will fix it

Thank you for your response. In this case, we highly recommend sending this unit to us for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team using the link above. Thank you!
2021-6-11
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 23:33
Thank you for your response. In this case, we highly recommend sending this unit to us for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team using the link above. Thank you!

How much will it cost to do this?
2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

laszlo Posted at 6-12 03:38
How much will it cost to do this?

Hi, thank you for your response. We don't have the exact amount on how much would it cost as we can provide the quotation once we receive the unit and did the damage assessment. For an approximate price, you can check the link below. Thank you for your support!

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2021-6-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DOes the person  have to pay shipping?   
I personally look into a new $200.00 vs not knowing the cost of dignostic fees, there has to be a Minimum charge.  What if it is t he  Motherboard and say the board cost 89.00 the full repair be

40.00 an hour labout 2 hour 80.00
89.00 for the board
12.95 shipping
tax

While the member already paid to sh ip out and insure

He is better off buying a new camera
2021-6-13
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 21:30
Hi, thank you for your response. We don't have the exact amount on how much would it cost as we can provide the quotation once we receive the unit and did the damage assessment. For an approximate price, you can check the link below. Thank you for your support!

Sorry, not going to pay
2021-6-13
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-13 03:58
DOes the person  have to pay shipping?   
I personally look into a new $200.00 vs not knowing the cost of dignostic fees, there has to be a Minimum charge.  What if it is t he  Motherboard and say the board cost 89.00 the full repair be

Correct, no way I'm going to pay a cent considering the Action is now $199, I guess the price drop is due to the new Action 2 coming out soon. I think I'll go back to GoPro
2021-6-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

laszlo Posted at 6-13 04:47
Correct, no way I'm going to pay a cent considering the Action is now $199, I guess the price drop is due to the new Action 2 coming out soon. I think I'll go back to GoPro

the price has been that way for a good year, not because of the OA2.  the lowest the camera was $183. the highest it was $369
2021-6-13
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-13 06:06
the price has been that way for a good year, not because of the OA2.  the lowest the camera was $183. the highest it was $369

I got it at $369, tempted to buy another for $199. I'm sure as soon as I buy it Action 2 will come out Lol
2021-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

laszlo Posted at 6-13 04:45
Sorry, not going to pay

We understand your decision, Laszlo. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules