Gimbal issues
360 3 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

These two problems occur across all 3 Mavic units in our fleet.

When performing 360°/panorama shots our gimbals tend to pan slightly to the left and stick there (tilt is unaffected). This is occuring almost every flight. We are able to see the props and prop guards when this occurs.
We do, on average, 3 panoramas per flight and may do as many as 20 per job site.

The second problem we are having is that the gimbals relax upon landing after flying a mission. It doesn't matter if the mission was a panorama, a simple photo plan, or an ortho grid flight. It occurs when using any application (DroneDeploy, DJIGo, Pix4D). The only way we have found to correct both of these issues, is to reboot the drone after each landing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Brantley
ALDOT UAS Group

2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Steve. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We'd like to know more about the issues you have submitted. Please let us know if the problem persists after performing gimbal calibration to your Mavic 2 Pro. Could you also confirm the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Pro? If you could upload a video depicting the mentioned issues, that would be appreciated so we can check it further.
2021-6-10
Use props
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 23:42
Hi, Steve. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We'd like to know more about the issues you have submitted. Please let us know if the problem persists after performing gimbal calibration to your Mavic 2 Pro. Could you also confirm the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Pro? If you could upload a video depicting the mentioned issues, that would be appreciated so we can check it further.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

My birds are all in the field. I will have this checked when they return. This morning I received a notice that one of them has begun to fully pan to the right upon landing and will not return to center without rebooting the drone. We do gimbal calibrations fairly often, especially if the pilots will be out flying multi-day projects. I will try to get a video to show what we are seeing when it lands.

Thank you.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ALDOT-Steve Posted at 6-11 05:08
My birds are all in the field. I will have this checked when they return. This morning I received a notice that one of them has begun to fully pan to the right upon landing and will not return to center without rebooting the drone. We do gimbal calibrations fairly often, especially if the pilots will be out flying multi-day projects. I will try to get a video to show what we are seeing when it lands.

Thank you.

Sure. Kindly keep us updated at your soonest convenience.
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules