Serious overheating issue with new 1.4.3 update with default auto...
540 5 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

Well that's nice and dandy that phone charging is back, but we need an option to turn off auto charging. I NEVER used it in the past and had ZERO issues with overheating. Now, with it always on, you can immediately feel how much hotter my iPhone gets, as opposed to no charging mode.  Why the heck did you change it from optional charging, to no charging at all, to always charging? Makes zero sense. There are going to be a lot of your customers who are not going to be able to use their controllers in the heat. Is that something you want??
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We've forwarded your concerns to the corresponding team, our engineers will evaluate this issue.
2021-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 - Having this issue too.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DaddyLee. Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for your negative experience. We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:

1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller's built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.

If you're experiencing heating issues with your mobile device, we suggest closing other applications running on your mobile device's background aside from the DJI Fly and reduce the brightness of your screen.
2021-6-10
Use props
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

You seem to totally miss the point. I couldn't care less about the expanded capacity of the controller's new battery WHEN I DON'T WANT TO USE THE CHARGING CAPACITY AT ALL, whether for 2 or 3 or 4 hours. The mobile device battery drainage is nothing new, and has negligible effect on increased battery drainage, especially for those who make certain that their phones are totally charged. I see the option for those who wish to use default charging, but WE NEED AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF. This is not an uncommon problem. I'm certain that DJI knows about this issue and couldn't care less.
2021-6-11
Use props
TomasP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121253 ft
Poland

+1, having this issue too on ipad mini 4
2021-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules