Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iphone overheating when charging from controller. No option to tu...
2016 14 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

Well that's nice and dandy that phone charging is back, but we need an option to turn off auto charging. I NEVER used it in the past and had ZERO issues with overheating. Now, with it always on, you can immediately feel how much hotter my iPhone gets, as opposed to no charging mode.  Why the heck did you change it from optional charging, to no charging at all, to always charging? Makes zero sense. There are going to be a lot of your customers who are not going to be able to use their controllers in the heat. Is that something you want??
2021-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 - Have experienced this problem too.
2021-6-11
Use props
fans553bd110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1282621 ft
United States

was this an iphone 12. mine got hot when outside on an 82 deg. day. the display brigness dropped by half. couldn't see screen for safe flying. terrible.
2021-6-14
Use props
Aaron_Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425354 ft
Vietnam

I was about to make a post about this. Had a chance to go outside flying today and the phone got overheating literally after just 3 mins, it sucked.
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_e0iBJvIKuI5U
New
Flight distance : 117497 ft
Mexico

Aaron_Paul Posted at 6-14 05:40
I was about to make a post about this. Had a chance to go outside flying today and the phone got overheating literally after just 3 mins, it sucked.

I was flying my Mavic Air 2 and somehow with the new firmware I cannot charge my iPhone 12 mini, before this last firmware i was able to turn on or turn off (the option of charge phone while pilot), but now I cannot do anything and my phone screen turn off after 1 or 2 minutes during fly mode! I mean is this normal?
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_e0iBJvIKuI5U
New
Flight distance : 117497 ft
Mexico

Aaron_Paul Posted at 6-14 05:40

I was flying my Mavic Air 2 and somehow with the new firmware I cannot charge my iPhone 12 mini, before this last firmware i was able to turn on or turn off (the option of charge phone while pilot), but now I cannot do anything and my phone screen turn off after 1 or 2 minutes during fly mode! I mean is this normal?
2021-6-15
Use props
Cacike47
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

A lot of people are complaining about this on YouTube and it appears it's only with the IPhones and Ipads. Is it DJI's update or Apple needs to correct this issue.
2021-7-5
Use props
Cacike47
lvl.4

United States

IOS User's Screens Are Dimming

When can we find out if it's DJI that needs to fix the auto charge feature or not? I tried to fly today and had to come back right away. No fun for now. Hope this can be resolved soon. Any IOS users having this problem? Looks like it's time to buy an Android phone any suggestions? I don't want to get the latest Android phone (or preferrably a Tablet) especially since it's just for my drone. Thanks and HFTA those lucky Android users!
2021-7-5
Use props
Miguelmk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 546296 ft

Mexico

Having the same issue right here!!!.. Hope they release update with the option to turn off automatic charging..
2021-7-6
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogO69PeFwCI&t=0s

...and not a day too soon since my new A2S will be here in about 12 hours.

2021-7-7
Use props
Aaron_Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425354 ft
Vietnam

I mean what the heck did their software engineers think? Did they even test the function or did they do it on purpose to force us buy the smart controller? Can't believe how they've literally ignored the problem for so long. My phone even got shutdown twice in the last 2 fights, so frustrating!!!
2021-7-8
Use props
Cacike47
lvl.4

United States

I heard on the DJI Mavic Pilot's forum that his IPhone 8 doesn't have this dimming issue, here's what he wrote "I never have any trouble flying with my iPhone 8 (and it's my daily use phone). I also don't enable the "charge while using" feature with the app (which does tend to heat up the phone). Finally, I don't have a real problem with screen brightness, although I've wondered about using a visor."  

I used my wife's IPhone 8 in 93 degree weather today and he was absolutely right. The IPhone 8 worked without dimming once during the a 5 minute flight with direct sunlight ovehead. Hope this helps. HFTA.
2021-8-12
Use props
tobywallwork
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66978 ft
United States

I had this same problem today (mini 2 [FW 01.03.0000]  + iPhone X [iOS 14.7.1] ) it was a hot day in Los Angeles anyway, but the phone got really hot, really fast.
After holding it (uncased) in the full blast of my car's AC for several minutesI tried again. In just a few minutes (like 3) the phone because very hot AND started slowing down. The DJI Fly APP (current version1.4.8) stopped responding and updating telemetry. Of course seconds later my observer lost eye contact with the mini2 and we were quite... concerned.
Knowing that the mini2 would RTH if it lost contact, I didn't panic. Just to be on the safe side I invoked RTH on the remote. Seconds later we could hear the familiar (and now very comforting) whirr of the mini2 coming home. My phone was still showing the drone as being 250 feet up and 500 feet away with a frozen image of the view from that spot, as the mini2 landed at my feet. I powered the drone and controller down immediately, moments later ,my phone dutifully announced "Returning to Home Point". The drone and remote did not fail me at all, but my phone... Well, not so much.
All the recordings on the drone were complete and intact, the small proxies on the Fly app were not (shocker).
I ran the app at home with the phone attached for 10 minutes with no noticeable heat build-up. Then I ran it again for 10 minutes with phone charging turned to "on" and there was no discernible temperature issues. This was not paired to the drone, not doing any 'work' so it's not an actual field test.
I don't know if there's much of a lesson here. But I'm turning off phone charging for sure.
Apart from that, nice day to fly.
2021-8-12
Use props
Cacike47
lvl.4

United States

tobywallwork Posted at 8-12 17:56
I had this same problem today (mini 2 [FW 01.03.0000]  + iPhone X  ) it was a hot day in Los Angeles anyway, but the phone got really hot, really fast.
After holding it (uncased) in the full blast of my car's AC for several minutesI tried again. In just a few minutes (like 3) the phone because very hot AND started slowing down. The DJI Fly APP (current version1.4.8) stopped responding and updating telemetry. Of course seconds later my observer lost eye contact with the mini2 and we were quite... concerned.
Knowing that the mini2 would RTH if it lost contact, I didn't panic. Just to be on the safe side I invoked RTH on the remote. Seconds later we could hear the familiar (and now very comforting) whirr of the mini2 coming home. My phone was still showing the drone as being 250 feet up and 500 feet away with a frozen image of the view from that spot, as the mini2 landed at my feet. I powered the drone and controller down immediately, moments later ,my phone dutifully announced "Returning to Home Point". The drone and remote did not fail me at all, but my phone... Well, not so much.

Hope for cooler days 'cause this will probably happen again. Did your phone dim?
If it didn't you were lucky although the lag really sucks.  Glad to see you kept your spirits up. HFTA
2021-8-13
Use props
This-Ship
New

United States

Got the same problem. that's embarassing
2021-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules