3D Focus: focus motor manual endpoints ignored, auto calibration req
2831 3 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arial Foto
lvl.2
United States

Just purchased an RS2 pro combo and a 3D Focus sensor.

My lenses have electronic focus rings—no hard stops—and auto calibration fails miserably.  Fortunately, I am able to configure the focus motor manual endpoints through the onscreen menus per the instructions.  This works reasonably well: using the dial as a focus motor control, it respects my manual endpoints and has reasonable accuracy and linearity during use.

However, as soon as I try to start up 3D Focus and configure a lens, it forces me to do a focus motor auto calibration first.  This clobbers my manual endpoint settings, and the auto calibration obviously fails.  The lens calibration setup in 3D Focus will not let me keep my focus motor manual endpoints calibration, and it does not give me a way to "redo" the manual calibration—so basically I'm stuck and can't get past the first point of setting up 3D Focus.

The RS2 and the focus motor both support manual endpoints, but what's the point if the 3D Focus system disregards and overrides them?  How do I calibrate a lens for 3D Focus with a manually endpoint-calibrated focus motor?

RS2 firmware is 01.03.00.50.

Thanks!
2021-6-10
Use props
Neinerxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118104 ft

Germany

I have the same Issue. Is there any fix yet?
2021-9-15
Use props
dasdas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft

United States

I was wondering the same. it seems that the software running the 3d focus is separate from that of the manual focus so you lose manual calibration.and as we know, auto calibration of 3d focus is buggy under certain conditions, fortunately this genius found a way around this bug https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 473&pid=2402840

2021-12-21
Use props
schlutz
lvl.1
Australia

Same trouble here. I recommend using the auto calibration.  You can put a mark on the focus ring and hold the ring to create a stop at the endpoints during the auto setup.  Or you can put or cable tie or a small obstacle on the ring so the motor hits that and creates an endpoint.
2023-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules