Correct date on Mini 2
2719 7 2021-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntonyM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101982 ft

United Kingdom

Until the end of May 2021 my Mini 2 was correctly handling the date.
But when I flew it and shot photos and video on 1st June, it decided to timestamp them as 06 Jan!
Today I shot some more and they were timestamped as 15 Jan 2021.

How do I correct the date ?
2021-6-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought the app uses the date from the mobile device...no?
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what date and time are showing incorrectly? Are you referring to the original file on the PC? Please note that the timestamp of the video/pictures captured by the aircraft is from the App, which relies on the time settings of the mobile device. If the App displays the correct time while the PC display inconsistently, we position it as a computer issue; please change to another PC to double-check, or mainly refer to the time displayed in App.
2021-6-10
Use props
AntonyM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101982 ft

United Kingdom

The phone is showing the correct date and time:

I can't see where the date or time are shown in the DJI Fly App. Please can you show me a screenshot?

I have tried reading the card in several computers (both Windows 7 and 10), and they all show the same date: 15 Jan 2021

So it seems like it must be something in the Mini 2 itself which is getting the date wrong somehow.
2021-6-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Anthony,

what language did you choose in your Windows PC's, English UK or English US ?

Also check the region and date format settings in your Windows PC's.
Right click on the date in the right corner of your screen and choose adjust date/time

If it shows the month first before the date, the date format is set wrongly on your pc and will display the date wrongly on your pc. Windows 10 handles this a bit better than Windows 7. However, files which were created on your pc, especially on Win7, might show a wrong date after correcting the date format on your pc.

date.jpg
Btw, the files created by my Mini2 do show the right date.

Also check if you got the latest firmware and app.

2021-6-11
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

JohnDG Posted at 6-11 19:55
Hi Anthony,

what language did you choose in your Windows PC's, English UK or English US ?

If it shows the month first before the date, the date format is set wrongly on your pc

This is totally wrong. The OP is (according to his forum settings) based in the UK. The date format for the UK is DD/MM/YYYY, which is what is clearly set up on his PC. i.e. the date 15/01/2021 can only be a UK date format as there is no month 15.

If you also look at his screenshots, you'll see that the images are still on the micro SD card, and irrespective of what region he has set up on his mobile phone, the date will always show correctly on another device based on that devices region setting. e.g a photo taken on a device set to the US might have a date of December 25th 2020 (12/25/2020), but when viewed on a device with a region setting of UK will show that same date as 25/12/2020.

As to the device possibly having the wrong date, I don't know about Apple phones, but on Android devices, the only way it can have the 'wrong' date is to go into the Settings menu, System, Date & Time, click on 'Use network-provided time', choose 'off', then choose 'Set Date', enter a different date and then tap OK. Not the sort of thing you do 'by accident'.

AntonyM - Are you using Apple or Android, and what version of the app are you using?
EDIT: Just decided to try testing mine as I haven't used it for about three weeks. Powered everything on and took one photo and a 10 second video running v1.3.0 of the app and dates show correctly. Decided to finally update app to latest version and repeated the test, with the dates again showing correctly. During the update, I was also prompted to update both the controller and FlySafe. Now this was using an Android phone. Oddly, the app is only version 1.4.2 and not 1.4.3. Unfortunately this doesn't shed any light on the OPs issue.
2021-6-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

steamship Posted at 6-12 04:30
If it shows the month first before the date, the date format is set wrongly on your pc

This is totally wrong. The OP is (according to his forum settings) based in the UK. The date format for the UK is DD/MM/YYYY, which is what is clearly set up on his PC. i.e. the date 15/01/2021 can only be a UK date format as there is no month 15.
the answer was about his settings on his Win7 and Win10 pc's.

That as nothing to do with the cell phone OP.

Yes, standard without changing the default of a microsoft os is set up as US english.
I hope he set it up as UK English. But you can't asume as you live in the UK, the system will be automatically setup qs UK.
That's based on experience livi g in the EU and setting up systems based on the English language.
And if you put the SD in a pc, the date on the memory card is interpreted on the settings of the pc.
2021-6-12
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

JohnDG Posted at 6-12 06:59
the answer was about his settings on his Win7 and Win10 pc's.

That as nothing to do with the cell phone OP.

You ignored everything I said in my response. Your original response to the OP was about his Windows settings, even though the screenshots clearly show that his settings are already UK. This is clearly evident as there is no month 15 so that has to be the 15th day, which makes the next part of the date the month (01 - January).

The OP was asking why he was getting this date when he's taking photos in June, and my response was that the only possible way this could happen on his mobile device (assuming it was Android) was that his system date/time options had changed.
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules