Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another drone story....:(
1463 8 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

The FAA is freaking out about this gun shooting drone. I salute the engineering that went into it but it's going to cause us problems.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/ ... estigation-underway
2015-7-21
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

They don't like the competition dontacha know.

When you read the articles, yes multiple articles, the FAA is deferring to local law enforcement to see if the use violates any state laws.

I don't know if I would have used a 40 caliber handgun, but a 22, not a big deal.

There was a guy a few years back that offered video remote control big game hunting. http://www.outdoorlife.com/artic ... ote-control-hunting

I believe he was shut down, though I can't find the articles on who or why he was closed.
2015-7-21
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I have seen demonstrations of small military Quad Copters shooting a recoilless automatic weapon.  (Similar to an AR-15).  It was extremely difficult to aim.  Not particularly effective.  I doubt the copmany has sold any.

Most handguns would have too much recoil for a small Quad...  Even a 38 would probably knock the heck out of the IMU and send the quad out of control.

2015-7-21
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-21 23:56
I have seen demonstrations of small military Quad Copters shooting a recoilless automatic weapon.  ( ...

Absolutely. What we will see next is Homeland security saying that ALL drones can be equipped with a firearm. I saw a P2 at a homeland security conference strapped with 3 pounds of C4. The dumb thing is that they can instill enough fear to make people think that our Phantoms can carry this much weight. SMH
2015-7-21
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-21 23:56
I have seen demonstrations of small military Quad Copters shooting a recoilless automatic weapon.  ( ...

Coincidentally, just happened to see this on a tabloid TV program. It is not a small quad. Relative to the size of the semi-automatic pistol (a .40 caliber), the quad main boom appears to be a couple of feet. The whole thing is a home-brew by an engineering student.

The quad was handling the recoil just fine - it moved with the firing action, but quickly went back into position and fired some more rounds.
2015-7-21
Use props
aeriallens
lvl.3

United States

Okay, so LOCAL legislators with any sense (two brain cells to rub together) should be able to drill down to see that they should consider only the legality of remotely-fired weapons. In other words, they should concentrate how the weapon is activated, not the platform used. Doesn't matter if it is a drone, tied to a tree, suspended from a rope or whatever.

Translation: Dear Mr Legislator, please do not be tempted to curtail drone use because of outliers like this story shows; look at root causes of potential issues only.
2015-7-22
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-22 08:32
Coincidentally, just happened to see this on a tabloid TV program. It is not a small quad. Relativ ...

Did you also know that the engineering student who posted his YouTube video experiment is now in JAIL?

Austin Haughwout’s “Flying Gun” video has almost 2 million views since it was uploaded on July 10. The native of Clinton, Connecticut, is now being investigated by the FAA.

Federal authorities said they will assess whether any aviation laws were violated and also “work with its law enforcement partners to determine if there were any violations of criminal statutes,” ABC News reported Tuesday.

2015-7-23
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-24 00:25
Did you also know that the engineering student who posted his YouTube video experiment is now in JAI ...

Yes, he *was* arrested, but apparently not for the gun-firing drone.

Clinton police: Gun-shooting drone does not break the law
Connecticut ACLU pushing for “sensible drone regulations”

CLINTON, Conn. (WTNH) — A Clinton teenager who posted a YouTube video of a gun being shot from a drone in his yard has been arrested.

Police say 18-year-old Austin Haughwout was told to turn himself in on Wednesday after an arrest warrant was issued stemming from an incident on July 19. They did not provide details about the incident, but say it is not connected to the drone with the attached gun.

According to officials, when Haughwout went to the police station Wednesday evening, he refused to obey officers’ instructions and tried to leave the station. They say he had to be restrained, and repeatedly hit and kicked officers during his arrest.
2015-7-23
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I sure do wish DJI customers would stop doing stupid stunts like flying over forrest fires, flying into airline traffic and flying above 400 feet.

Otherwise the FAA is going to have no choice but to BAN ALL HOBBY DRONES in the USA.

Follow the regulations & please fly safely.
2015-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules